High levels partying with low level, outbidding on costume!

Gaiten

57 minutes ago, Gaiten said:

So I did Blackram narrows the other day with a party (trying to get the costume for my cat), which as you all know is a lvl 20 dungeon. A lvl 45 ended up joining, at the end the Old Stratus empire costume came up to which there was a bid war with the high lvl bringing it up to about 70 silver. Why why WHY are high levels partying with people? Aren't you guys able to solo that dungeon at that lvl? Why do some high levels in this game deem it OK to snatch a rare costume out from under newbies who can't possibly have anything over 15 silver and can't possibly solo the dungeon just yet? Also, many of them will just turn around and sell it on the marketplace for a few gold. 

NCSoft needs to tweak this system somehow. 

Ok a few ting here. 

1) The only outfits that can be sold on the market are the ones for a summoners cat. All others are untradeable.
2) 15s/5 = 3s you just made, as did the other 4 party members in the auction.

Now as you stated 70s bid on the Old Stratus, untradeable outfit, can't be sold on the market or traded to another player. Well you and the other four party memebers just made 14s a piece on that outfit. So exactly what is the problem? I mean you can run Blackram Narrows all day every day at level 16+. And let me tell you, at level 20, 14s GOES A LONG DAMN WAY! 

1 minute ago, Gaiten said:

Thank you for that. It's helpful info I didn't know about. Too bad some of the troglodytes here couldn't be as constructive without mud slinging and name calling and thus dragging me down to their position as well. 

Its a forum. It's to be execpted such things will happen. And No Worries, took me a while to figure these things out as well... at first I thought the money from the bidding system just went poof and that was it. So I try to pass on the knowledge that I gain to others. Course I have the ability to simplify things more, after years in the Army, you develop a habit for keeping things simple.

*Another reason why a high lvl player will queue for a low lvl instance is to save the trouble of traveling to said low lvl dungeon for a dailies.

*I, with char of any lvl, would do my dungeon daily using the f8 function. Just a nice easy way to get into a dung quickly.

Before this thread gets locked, can we please stop pretending like the high levels queuing for lower level dungeons are performing some great charity service for the lowbies? All of the low level dungeons are nearly impossible to fail, and even with a level 45 in the party, they're only finished marginally faster.

I personally don't understand it myself. Soloing these as a level 45 takes roughly the same amount of time, so I can't see the purpose of it aside from some extremely desperate sort of money grab.

Or, I'm wrong, and Blade & Soul has the highest amount of charitable players I've ever seen in an MMO, which isn't supported by any cursory reading of region or faction chat.

Edit: Saw the post above mine, and the instant travel makes some sense, but I'm not sure why 45's are wasting the time on dailies for low level dungeons.

7 minutes ago, NewBeginning said:

Edit: Saw the post above mine, and the instant travel makes some sense, but I'm not sure why 45's are wasting the time on dailies for low level dungeons.

The best reason would be for the event box for some low lvl dungeon. There are other reasons but that the best i got /^^'

Also, i agree, you can only do 40 daily per day so you gatta pick the right ones. Event daily may fall into the category of being important depending on said person.

When i do Blackram Narrows i always party up for it and here is why : It would be absolutely selfish not to. As i main summoner, getting through this instance is as effortless without a bunch of lowbies as it is with a bunch of lowbies so why not take lowbies along and give them an easier time getting through at least 1 run of this instance?

Also the reasoning 45's do this dungeon is to :

1. Daily quest reward box. It gives 2 soulstones + infernal horns. It's good money.

2. Costumes. There are ppl out there who collects them.

3. Boredom. Charity case. Yes, there are a handful of these players as well.

Pretty short sighted view point you got going there considering the fact that those same Level 45's that you're complaining about were probably in the exact same position as you are and couldn't obtain the outfit (whether it be due to the RNG not being in their favor or unable to keep up with the bids).

They obviously did the sensible thing and level up to a point where they could come back and easily speed run the dungeon with the group to farm it faster (along with accumulating enough gold to bid on it). 

Just because the option of soloing a dungeon is available shouldn't justify you accusing them of being "snatchers". 

I had done an Blackram raid as lvl 32 FM with 2 lvl 20tiens one. I just wanted the Key and the Costume.

What i got? The Costume real droped. But then my Lvl 2x outbid me again with Money...

And i said extra at beginning i need only the Key and the Costume if its drop. They agreed. But then, Greed took it away from me... Oh well

That was the last time i helped others out. And this experience grounded my resolve to do all my Raids for Breakthrough items Solo (if possible) so far. 

If I may chime in without taking any sides, there is currently an event going offering a limited number of white roses per daily dungeons. Blackram Narrows is on that list and you will have both high and low levels try to get the most that they can before the event ends. Pressing F8 for cross-server dungeon costs 0 unlike windstriding back and forth between a Moonwater camp and the BN entry for a single daily. If the costume dropped and they previously missed out (while leveling as you or sth) they have a right to bid as much as anyone in the party, since they are rather rare and odds of getting them are low regardless of level. I highly doubt anyone would just deliberately snatch a costume they wouldn't need at all just because they have more gold. Gold isn't quite expendable at high-level either since the cost of upgrades are exponential too.

Just now, Zeiken said:

The Old Stratus Empire outfit is horrendous lol i regret winning the bid for 8 silver

Haha yeah, I won mine for like 7 silver too.. but the last few runs I've seen people bid way higher than that and it makes me laugh a little : ^) 

1 minute ago, chinmi said:

you got paid for it. no big deal. enjoy the money. :)

Yeah. But the point here was, they agreed at the start, but then changed their mind... so i was betrayed of pulling them through the Dungeon. One more nail on my coffin for raids

• Ooneka locked this topic

Archived