Summoner Cat Taunt

Summons

Not sure if this is a bug or a feature but for some reason, when we used to taunt with our cats it would last at least 8 seconds as mentioned.

Now i'm not even getting this to last 3 seconds. Is this something that was nerfed and the text description has yet to update for the skill?

Yes lets laugh about it asshat, summoner has no chance in hell of doing Mushin past 7th floor if this is not fixed. There are other people in general discussion finding the same issue. Remember, summoner has 1 iframe move on long CD, and the seed shroud is nice if the mob don't see through it like 7th floor boss is doing. So if the cat cannot hold aggro we get to do nothing but run around trying not to die which = 0 dps and enrage timer every time. GG NC you broke our cat tank which royally screws this class into nothingness.

Hey ! Guess what... i'm a summoner. And i've cleared the 7th Floor. Bye !

But seriously yeah cat lose aggro for no real reason... 8/10 before the 8sec. But it's still possible to beat the 7th Floor. And i'm still in true profane, except my ring. (Sorry english not my native language.)

I have Sirene weap ,lvl 10-my cat does not hold aggro more then max 3 sec -its not anymore playabile can do all Mushin except the 7nth floor-really pissed off because this .I'd like an official answer!!! The taunt /aggro WASN'T at all specified in the patch notes.please Fix !

WHAT ON EARTH!

I agree with all the posts above.
C'mon NCSoft. Summoners are pretty soft, our strenght is on our CAT and HEAL. You've nerfed some of the damage and CD practically reducing our DPS.
And now you want us to on-tank mobs. We don't have mobility like the others. CAT is supposed to be the one getting the damage T.T

IF it was reduced time effectivity or increased CD on crouch, much acceptable, but not being taunted even if the CAT is on crouch. OH men.
I am useful on epic dungeons bec of my cat and heal. c'mon now!!

You don't honestly think that if all it took in floor7 was to taunt with your cat and just dps from afar with no worries of boss attacking you would be too easy and unfair towards other classes do you?

And don't even get me started with all the 'no dps' crap when your cat does more damage than you. But yeah just my opinion.

I get it that taunt is not working as it should but don't turn yourselves into victims. It's 7th floor really, you want it to be easy and clear in first try without any hard work and then you're gonna end up complaining there's not enough content to clear or game is boring..

All evening I was having issues with my cat not holding aggro too. I can confirm the actual taunt lasts no more than 3-4 seconds, The cat is in crouch for the whole 8 seconds though.

I havent noticed D&B not healing as much as it should but I havent been paying attention until I saw this post.

Same problem here, with the Cat taunt and Doom and Bloom healing.

To any hater replaying because the cat owns him on pvp...this doesn't affect you, also go watch any video of a summoner doing Mushin Tower on KR, JP or CH and see how easy the cat can hold aggro.
Waiting for a response or a solution from NCSoft, it's hard to find motivation to farm gold all day to upgrade my gear if 2 of the biggest features of my class are not working correctly.

Hi there. I'm a summoner too and I'm having this issue as well. Doing dailies today was a lil sucky because of that, since mobs and bosses kept breaking through taunt all the time after very few seconds. Kind of annoying to run around all the time to save my squishy ass.

Also, that combat "glitch", when you can't get out of combat mode, people said it was because of the cat but someone said it was because of the weapon. Was anyone else having this issue today? It was so annoying to the point a party I was in earlier today had to wait 6 minutes for the Escape option to load again because we had to use it once before, like right after we got in the dungeon we had to use it to get unstuck after killing some mobs.

On 2/11/2016 at 7:11 PM, OmniBlade said:

Yes lets laugh about it asshat, summoner has no chance in hell of doing Mushin past 7th floor if this is not fixed. There are other people in general discussion finding the same issue. Remember, summoner has 1 iframe move on long CD, and the seed shroud is nice if the mob don't see through it like 7th floor boss is doing. So if the cat cannot hold aggro we get to do nothing but run around trying not to die which = 0 dps and enrage timer every time. GG NC you broke our cat tank which royally screws this class into nothingness.

who says summoners can't do past 7th? source? You just sound like someone who has trouble with 7 right now. A lot of the other classes even have trouble with up to 7th atm. Summoner has it the easiest.  I've 0 problems with the current content, although leveling a new summoner on another server, the doom and bloom bug is killer.

Archived