Mainatainance extended!

DeathAggro

4 minutes ago, Ninfu said:

Theres simple answer to this. Money. They dont want to spent money. They want to hoard it as much as they can and expect players to accept unfair and bad treatment.

Only way to get something we want is just simply stop spending any money till they realise they cannot treat European players like this. In FFXIV it took ages to get own datacenter and game was horrible to play from EU. Most likely NCsoft wont be giving us own datacenter any time soon or never.

yes, like he said, stop wasting money till they realize that EU exists as well...

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really funny seeing all those that are new to dealing with NcSoft.. get used to this people! Every major patch is going to be like this. 

Every major update the server will screw up for days to weeks before as they start to mess with it, and it's going to be highly screwed up for days to weeks after. It has happened that way for every Lineage 2 update since C4 almost 8 years ago. 

Well I am not sure how one could be happy or sad about this. This kinda stuff happens all the time in RL so you are seriously gonna get all flamed out cause maint. took a bit longer. Comon now is this really the first game you have seen with issues like these. At least they attempt to keep the community informed not like some other games that just let folks wonder without end.

Just now, FriggaWitch said:

Well I am not sure how one could be happy or sad about this. This kinda stuff happens all the time in RL so you are seriously gonna get all flamed out cause maint. took a bit longer. Comon now is this really the first game you have seen with issues like these. At least they attempt to keep the community informed not like some other games that just let folks wonder without end.

You've missed point in here. I've no problem if maintenances need to be extended. Its all about having this happening when EU players should be able to play. After work / school and so. Now most likely majority of europeans cant play due Ncsoft does not consider us worthy of our own maintenance times

Just now, FriggaWitch said:

Nah, most companies I support actually try to keep the community informed.

"Oh yeah, something went wrong so we have to restart the maint."  "We need a few more hours since the data transfer/backup is taking longer than planned."  etc.

Without the multiple data servers for multiple regions, and the support teams for them, someone is always going to get shafted for the maintenance that takes place.   That really isn't a surprise to be honest.  Neither is the "We'll put in the major content change and it'll go off perfect".  They always "break" the server.  Then you experience whatever <insert random effects here> and it extends the maintenance all day long ...  lol

• NCSOFT
15 minutes ago, Jiggy said:

What you said kind of gives me the impression that NCwest is considering other solutions but not the one that would be the most convenient for the American and European users: the complete separation of the NA and EU servers and hiring of EU based staff to take care of the European server maintenance.

If you're indeed not planning on separating the servers, and I am not simply misinterpreting your statement, could you divulge information on why this is not even considered an option?

The ideal situation is to have the maintenance at a time that is most convenient for for the majority of EU and NA. It is best to roll out updates and changes all at once versus maintaining two completely separate versions of Blade & Soul that may lead to a variety of issues. If we have two separate maintenance for the regions, you also run into the issue of one region having access to content earlier than the other, and potentially other community issues.

To reiterate, we understand our current maintenance schedule affects our EU players the most and we are considering options to minimize its impact on our EU players. Because this is a game update (our first since launch, woo) it does require more time. Future scheduled maintenances are likely to be shorter, and less impactful.

4 minutes ago, Hime said:

The ideal situation is to have the maintenance at a time that is most convenient for for the majority of EU and NA. It is best to roll out updates and changes all at once versus maintaining two completely separate versions of Blade & Soul that may lead to a variety of issues. If we have two separate maintenance for the regions, you also run into the issue of one region having access to content earlier than the other, and potentially other community issues.

To reiterate, we understand our current maintenance schedule affects our EU players the most and we are considering options to minimize its impact on our EU players. Because this is a game update (our first since launch, woo) it does require more time. Future scheduled maintenances are likely to be shorter, and less impactful.

Sry but i cant understand argument based on other regions get it first. Blizzard has done it for years and personally i've not seen any of my friends being unhappy about it.

Im completely fine if NA gets it 12 hours earlier than EU as long as Eu prime time is unaffected. Atleast if we got patch early on morning tomorrow or at night i could now be playing and doing some stuff but now im just sitting here and waiting

Also if we get patches at same time like this it still means that NA players get to play it first due we Europeans have to go sleep or pull all nighters or something like that

you really wanna compare blizzard and ncsoft? i'm not sure if both have the same budget to handle such things.

EDIT: also the game distribution is much diffrent from blizzards.

@Hime: thx for the explanation :)

• NCSOFT

Ninfu, that isn't the sole basis of my reply. I'm listing it can be a potential concern. There are other concerns noted such as running into a variety of unforeseeable issues I am not aware of. Of course I'm only speaking to the information I have at hand. As mentioned, all options are being explored on what is best.

4 minutes ago, Tarask said:

Really ? i must not have played the same game as yours so lol ^^ myabe i'm too old, and influenced by the fact i'm actually working as programer, and we always respect delays, everything must work as intended, and ended as intended, else you're fired because your company won't be paid because of not respecting it's contract obligation... maybe it's not like this in NA ?

Well, back in the day, if you were late, you were either fined or lost the job completely.

Nowadays, it is the norm to be late, missing deadlines OR to be on time and have a broken product.

3 minutes ago, SinNoAria said:

Well, back in the day, if you were late, you were either fined or lost the job completely.

Nowadays, it is the norm to be late, missing deadlines OR to be on time and have a broken product.

ah ok, it's good to know, thanks for the answer ^^ so i'm just too old ^^

B&S will help me getting used to the way things work nowadays at least :p

When i think i've lost a 10.000€ contract for 20 minutes late on a presentation of a full integrated system to manage a solar vehicle (our main processing unit for compilation burned, so every try took hours instead of 10 minutes... ) i wish it could have taken plce these days :p

All of these people complaining about maintenance on A FREE GAME THAT THEY AREN'T REQUIRED TO PAY A CENT FOR. Yall need to be a little more understanding of that very very simple factor and just be patient. The game will be playable when the game is playable.

back in the day the head of the company never knew, how such "computer shit" works, just that it doesn't so they fired ppl.
nowadays they listen to their problems closer and try to understand them.

but it also depends how the company is organized, how rolling out updates is working, how they are distributed to the players, ...

3 minutes ago, Hime said:

Ninfu, that isn't the sole basis of my reply. I'm listing it can be a potential concern. There are other concerns noted such as running into a variety of unforeseeable issues I am not aware of. Of course I'm only speaking to the information I have at hand. As mentioned, all options are being explored on what is best.

Yeah its true that other arguments are good and im not questioning them im just questioning argument based "other regions get it first".

Personally i think majority of EU would be more happier with having 12 hours later patch if they actually dont hit our prime time. And truthfully speaking what else could you offer to us rather than having 2 seperate maintenance times or rotating maintenance times between NA / EU prime times

5 minutes ago, SinNoAria said:

iirc it is the first maintenance where they are late, isnt it? the others finished on time or sooner.

I hope you guys find a better solution than keeping it at EU afternoon/evening times though. Thanks :)

Extended patch times goes back to the very first of MMO's. If this is your first MMO or first time on a new MMO then get used to extended patch times especially with large updates. I am surprised, however, that after an hour and a half an update hasn't been posted as to whether 1) they need more time to isolate the problem, 2) they have found the problem and are working on a solution or 3) we broke the shit bad and have know idea wtf is going on.

I wish it would happen soon either way because i'm tired of hitting my refresh button.

Hime, all I can say is, Oceania players are content with this maintenance period.

Furthermore, I believe I speak for all Oceanic players when I tell the European children to quit their complaining, atleast they have a server located on their continent.

Thank you Hime, enjoy your day. Hope to play soon.

P.S; please give Oceanic server :O

Archived