Rate the classes in terms of learning curve

Stardrop

Just wondering how you guys feel about the PvP learning curves for each of the classes? I understand that you'd have to have played all 7 classes so far to at least a decent level, but feel free to speculate if you haven't. Note that this should not be a list on which classes are the best overall, but rather which classes are the easiest/hardest to master at a competitive level. 

I have not played all the classes yet, but I'll start with what I think the list should look like based on my experience with facing them in the arena, from the highest to lowest learning curve. This is based on my speculation only:

1. Blademaster

2. Kungfu Master

3. Blade Dancer

4. Assassin

5. Summoner

6. Destroyer

7. Force Master

45 minutes ago, Stardrop said:

Just wondering how you guys feel about the PvP learning curves for each of the classes? I understand that you'd have to have played all 7 classes so far to at least a decent level, but feel free to speculate if you haven't. Note that this should not be a list on which classes are the best overall, but rather which classes are the easiest/hardest to master at a competitive level. 

I have not played all the classes yet, but I'll start with what I think the list should look like based on my experience with facing them in the arena, from the highest to lowest learning curve. This is based on my speculation only:

1. Blademaster

2. Kungfu Master

3. Blade Dancer

4. Assassin

5. Summoner

6. Destroyer

7. Force Master

Wait, so you think that Blade Dancers are harder to play than Summoners?  Force Masters are easier to play than Summoners?

56 minutes ago, Stardrop said:

1. Blademaster

2. Kungfu Master

3. Blade Dancer

4. Assassin

5. Summoner

6. Destroyer

7. Force Master

1. Kungfu Master

2. Blademaster

3. Force master

4. Assassin

5. Blade Dancer

6. Summoner

7. Destroyer

*from a diamond players perspective*

10 minutes ago, Yongnian said:

Wait, so you think that Blade Dancers are harder to play than Summoners?  Force Masters are easier to play than Summoners?

Clearly he doesn't have the slightest idea of what he is talking about. This should be the list 1-hardest 7-easiest:

1. Kungfu Master

2. Blademaster

3. Assassin 

4. Force Master

5. Blade Dancer

6. Destroyer

7. Summoner

hard to say if Force Master is really easier than Assassin, maybe both would be nr. 3

1 hour ago, Stardrop said:

1. Blademaster

2. Kungfu Master

3. Blade Dancer

4. Assassin

5. Summoner

6. Destroyer

7. Force Master

Curious to know what your pvp experience is. I think to really master these classes is probably equally hard. The results for playing subpar are just more rewarding for some classes compared to others.

As a BM I'll say were not the hardest to master. KFM is probably harder just because their combo chains are more complicated imo.

A lot of the classes have noob mechanics that once you're mildly experienced don't affect you. ie. Spin to win and FM snare/root.

Anyone who's good with their class can shine right now. BM is supposed to be crap at this level but theres plat (maybe diamond) BMs running around. I feel like FM have the short end of the stick right now, I think I've only lost to 1 ever.

3 hours ago, Stardrop said:

1. Blademaster

2. Kungfu Master

3. Blade Dancer

4. Assassin

5. Summoner

6. Destroyer

7. Force Master

i sure hope you mean that blade masters is the hardest class to play as hes nr 1.... if ur telling me hes the easiest to play competitive then why is there almost NO blade masters over 1700 except players who have played this for years. and rogues, sum, blade dancers and destroyers is dominating the whole game. at level 45.. so i sincerely hope your joking 

3 minutes ago, Dalapie said:

i sure hope you mean that blade masters is the hardest class to play as hes nr 1.... if ur telling me hes the easiest to play competitive then why is there almost NO blade masters over 1700 except players who have played this for years. and rogues, sum, blade dancers and destroyers is dominating the whole game. at level 45.. so i sincerely hope your joking 

Rogues you mean assassin? man in my last 10 duels 1700+, i've been matched with 4 SMN 3 Destro 3BD lost them all 

Just now, Ninkyo said:

Rogues you mean assassin? man in my last 10 duels 1700+, i've been matched with 4 SMN 3 Destro 3BD lost them all 

as a blade master i have to play absolutly perfect, a really aggresive destroyer is impossible to kill, he just comes in hard and knows when to spin , if i block he simply knees it, 

a sin can go either way but a good sin will never loose to a blade master at this stage. they can reset the fight as much as they want, giving them time to think about what the nxt move may be

summoners, where do i start, the opener might be fine, but if a summoner knows how to play the pet simply wont die and the summoner is out of range for our burst ..

, a 10% win chance vs that as a blade master tbh..

blade dancers.. even harder, the utility they got outcounter our own, with the 5 sec immunity and grap they can get chi back quickly, + theyre lightning base dmg cost 1 focus where as our cost 3.. 

blade master vs blade master... the 1 who blocks the most wins,, tbh most of the time a blade master loosing is because he gets tired of waiting for an opening and just charges head in..

force masters, our only basicly '' free win atm'' since we can parry stun them forever. 

we simply dont have enough dmg as a blade master to do anything, and our utility is outnumbered by the other classes utility belt

Hardest -> Easiest to reach Platinum level:

1. Blade Master. Most unforgiving timing. Also suffers from being kinda weak right now.

2. Kung Fu Master. Timing heavy as well. Enjoys some easy combo and immunity spam that BM does not have.

3. Force Master. OK, so maybe lag will make it really easy by comparison, but absent that crutch, you can be countered nicely by every class.

4. Destroyer. Spin2win will take you gold, then everything below here will get 100% win on you until you learn to play correctly. Enjoy being stuck at 1700 forever.

5. Summoner. You have to know your opponent and not be an idiot with the cat. No, you don't want to let a Destroyer tee off on you while blocking your cat with you.

6. Assassin. You have to know what you're doing and build correctly. Invul and invis take care of the rest until you get to platinum-level players who can outplay the lazy strategy.

7. Blade Dancer. One combo will put you into Platinum as it is quick, ludicrously damaging, and can only be avoided with iframes.

3 hours ago, Dalapie said:

as a blade master i have to play absolutly perfect, a really aggresive destroyer is impossible to kill, he just comes in hard and knows when to spin , if i block he simply knees it, 

a sin can go either way but a good sin will never loose to a blade master at this stage. they can reset the fight as much as they want, giving them time to think about what the nxt move may be

summoners, where do i start, the opener might be fine, but if a summoner knows how to play the pet simply wont die and the summoner is out of range for our burst ..

, a 10% win chance vs that as a blade master tbh..

blade dancers.. even harder, the utility they got outcounter our own, with the 5 sec immunity and grap they can get chi back quickly, + theyre lightning base dmg cost 1 focus where as our cost 3.. 

blade master vs blade master... the 1 who blocks the most wins,, tbh most of the time a blade master loosing is because he gets tired of waiting for an opening and just charges head in..

force masters, our only basicly '' free win atm'' since we can parry stun them forever. 

we simply dont have enough dmg as a blade master to do anything, and our utility is outnumbered by the other classes utility belt

If you're relying on block that much I feel like you need to adjust your playstyle.

Alright, I'm getting a pretty good idea of what most people are thinking. So to sum up, the class difficulty tiers would look something like:

Hardest: Kungfu Master, Blade Master

Intermediate: Force Master, Assassin, Blade Dancer

Easiest: Destroyer, Summoner

Obviously with something like this, there are going to be a lot of grey areas because class advantage is always a thing. And if there's still any confusion, yes, my initial post was ordered from hardest to easiest.

Archived