230ms in Arenas?

Xyda

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a theory, but maybe arena is Peer 2 Peer instead of being done through the server, and maybe your opponents consistently live far away from you or have poor connections.  That's the only reason I can think of that Arena Ping and World Ping would be separate. 

I sent a ticket to them about this issue and they answered: " I would like to inform you that optimization is still an ongoing process.
I am going to pass along this information to the development team so they are aware of the matter but for the time being, you may need to wait until those performance  optimizations are released for this issue to be resolved. "

Hope they really are trying to fix it.

NA - Soha

Been this way since day 1. 

70 ping everywhere doing everything, even in massive groups of people killing Deathwing (whatever moonwater dragon is called). This is except for arena, where I (Blade Master) can not consistently  perform a full air combo on a crowd controlled target because of "arena" lag. It is very rare for me to have lag in any game I play, but arena is very difficult like this. There are a LOT of threads about this as well, seemingly they have gone ignored as you do not see any dev responses in any of them.

Instanced pve is lag free, there is no reason instanced pvp should not be lag free as well. 

How in the hell is open world pvp on a massive scale lag free and instanced 1 v 1 arena a lag fest ?

I was playing with 70-90ms outside arena jumping to 140-170 arena up until a week ago. as a Sin it sucked a bit but wasn't the worst, got too 1950. Last week my ping jumped to anywhere from 140-250 outside arena and consistently 400+ in arena.  I've free fallen to 1660 since. Biggest thing is ani-cancelling, LM+RM ani-cancel doesn't work at all anymore, and even RM-F is easily half the speed. When i used the close shave/lotus kick build designed around getting 2-3 heart stabs off with a regular swing for chi gen during stuns, and i'm stuck doing 1 HS before I'm moving into the next part of the combo. I'm simultaneously being starved off chi while doing less damage. I read on reddit and here that its a common problem with my ISP (rogers, in ontario), my ticket to NCsoft was a whole lot of nothing and i called my ISP and got 0 answers there too. I'm not changing providers for the game no matter how much i love it, really hope NCsoft can get a handle on this.

+1 to this thread. This isn't even the only thread out there talking about these SAME exact issues. I just don't understand...I'm sure a large portion of players playing this game are playing it FOR the PvP. I know I am! Screw PvE (it sucks in this game). But now we can't even PvP? AND we can't even use the forums hardly because of all the spammers? After all this trash NCSOFT still has no public response or announcement? I mean come on this is a HUGE playbase having this issue. Be professional for ONCE in your career NCSOFT! 

So how does one check ping? I know somewhat of the resource monitor thing but what exactly am i looking for? anyway i do notice lag in Arena like massive lag spikes the ones where everything freeze for like 20s and ive never really noticed ping prob cause 1. i suck and get destroyed mostly in the first 20s and 2 i dont do much PVP.

Im on NA btw

y its fun when peoples say that with 200 ping+ can easy get diamond so for me that player mmo is first mmo they played cause they dont know 200 ping is 2sec+ delay what is huge that mean someone with lets say 50 ping move insta so that 50 ping can be even no skiller vs some years ppls and ofc can lose i dont tell lose but (can)  that why really skilled ppls cant do pvp cause its not fun with ping so far only fair to test someone skill is game like tekken and other like that where is not about ping or hmm all have same ping=1 xD and if someone tell its pro with class here that mean only hes ego is too high end of topic xD if arena matches will be in eu so y will be fair but its first mmo i see its game server eu and arena us?? xDDD

Archived