Love B&S/ Would spend more $/Can't take spam/bots

ReesRacer

I really don't know what can be done in a F2P game. I've been trying to use the dungeon/group-finder for Blackram Narrows on my second character. Nothing but gold-spammers. This very forum was inundated with gold spammers a couple of hours ago. I've seen PvP bots (I'm not even sure how that works). 

I'm not a hard-core player, but I like to customise my character with outfits whilst I earn the right weapons/equipment etc through playing. If I can't read faction-chat (never-mind region...that was gone a long time ago now), or even find a group (not bots) to run dungeons...or even POST ON THE FORUMS without seeing spam...then I wish you good luck, NCSOFT, because I am just the sort of "whale" that would have spent a great deal of money here (I've actually already spent quite a lot).

(and, yes...I've done all I can reporting etc)

With the latest actions NCsoft take(I'm not white knight,I still don't like a lot of the aspects how they run especially EU servers)is already an relief. I block few a day and I have unlimited block list.Is not perfect but not a single AAA mmo was perfect gold bot/spam wise at first month.In Aion(P2P game at time mind you) we had tons and tons of them.And accounts was about 50 euro the cheapest.

In this game however they show much more care level then they ever did in Lin2 and Aion alltogather.This is an improvement,like a very big one.Here they actually give a damn,no matter how dificult is to accept that fact.

They've done an awful lot trying to address the spam issue. I'm actually really impressed with how much they've done to address it. They can't stop it. IP blocks don't work, and they don't have enough staff to sit on every server in every region blocking them as they pop up.

While I don't know if they've done anything new to combat bots, since spam has caused me more problems than bots, they still don't have enough staff to deal with all of them on all the servers in all the regions in all the channels. If you see them, report them ingame. If you see a lot of them, there's always https://support.bladeandsoul.com/hc/en-us

Every version of BnS has spam and bots. It's part of the nyerk we deal with in MMOs, unfortunately. Even B2P and P2P can have cracktons of these nyerkers. (GW2, FFXIV, etc)

I don't know what else to tell you. I'm not being a white knight fanboy.

If you have any worthwhile suggestions on what they can do to combat them, I'm sure they would appreciate the input, if it's delivered politely. (Again, will say ahead of time, IP blocks don't work.)

I just started a new character and found the new system they put in place to get gold sellers working incredibly well.Even leaving region and faction on at place like bamboo village, everdust i had just to put 9 on the new spam list.Compare to last week where i would have seen spammers rolling so fast that every 2 seconds the 1st 1 would be gone from the chat screen.I don't know if you just started playing but NcSoft  did an extraordinary job so far on that topic and you should praise them instead of criticizing.

Recently it seems like something has changed,as the faction chat on my server is relatively clean. Block one or two bots on login and you're good for another several hours. It's tolerable for me, unlike that other time when faction chat was completely unusable with 10 new bots popping up each 5 minutes.

bots are everywhere 0-0

but yes there is a slow in spam from the bots but they are still there (and its insane)

wish these bots figure out that no one is paying attention to them no matter how much they spam

I appreciate the responses, really. And I also appreciate it is a problem for which I have no answer (like my first sentence in the OP stated). If most of you are telling me that I need to spend the first several minutes of every login blocking spammers, then that's what it is. I'm certain NCSOFT is aware their bottom-line depends upon fixing it.

What is more difficult is finding every public dungeon-finder (at least up to level 25 or so) populated almost entirely with gold-sellers...and the bots that advert there) and in PvP as well.

Also, did no one here see the entire first page in the General Discussion forum taken up entirely with gold-spam posts earlier today? Disgraceful. Perhaps I'm just not willing to spend my valuable time (and money) combating this sort of thing. I come to game and have fun, and not battle the system (and the broken system) as it is. 

15 minutes ago, Enhance said:

Recently it seems like something has changed,as the faction chat on my server is relatively clean. Block one or two bots on login and you're good for another several hours. It's tolerable for me, unlike that other time when faction chat was completely unusable with 10 new bots popping up each 5 minutes.

this is funny .. every 5 mins .. there was one day that by the time I blocked 6 there was another 3 to 6 .. couldn't keep up with the blocking (and worse yet only 50 block slots)

57 minutes ago, Tupan said:

With the latest actions NCsoft take(I'm not white knight,I still don't like a lot of the aspects how they run especially EU servers)is already an relief. I block few a day and I have unlimited block list.Is not perfect but not a single AAA mmo was perfect gold bot/spam wise at first month.In Aion(P2P game at time mind you) we had tons and tons of them.And accounts was about 50 euro the cheapest.

In this game however they show much more care level then they ever did in Lin2 and Aion alltogather.This is an improvement,like a very big one.Here they actually give a damn,no matter how dificult is to accept that fact.

we have and unlimited block list now?? 

I did see it. I saw six pages of it. You are aware that, at the time, it was well after the NCsoft staff went home on a Friday, right? You do realize that these staff members have real lives outside of BnS, right? They can't babysit the forums all the time. Report it and deal with it until they can get to it. They will get to it. These phishers and spammers know what they're doing. They know when to time their spam. They know how to time it to where it'll last the longest. They know there are idiots who will fall for it. They've done it in multiple other games, too.

I'm not sure what you're talking about spending several minutes of each login blocking spammers. Most of the spam is auto-blocked within a minute, and that which isn't has been maybe 5 people per login session.

Use the cross-server dungeon for running instances. It's faster.

I don't know why I'm bothering with this now, though. Maybe I'm just responding for the lulz. I've been having fun. I understand how the MMO system works. I'm glad NCsoft is addressing this better and faster than ArcheAge did when I played that. Frankly, they're doing better with this than they did with the Aion launch.

5 minutes ago, Kensho1996 said:

this is funny .. every 5 mins .. there was one day that by the time I blocked 6 there was another 3 to 6 .. couldn't keep up with the blocking (and worse yet only 50 block slots)

we have and unlimited block list now?? 

List exclusively for spammers. Can block up to 200 of them, and you can delete the entire blocklist all at once if you wish.

spams_zps6p8g6cno.png

4 minutes ago, AionCheesecake said:

I don't know why I'm bothering with this now, though. Maybe I'm just responding for the lulz. I've been having fun. I understand how the MMO system works. I'm glad NCsoft is addressing this better and faster than ArcheAge did when I played that. Frankly, they're doing better with this than they did with the Aion launch.

As I said...I appreciate the responses. I do play this game casually, but in long sessions when I'm able. I'm using the forums to voice my concerns. I hardly see my OP as some sort of out-of-control tirade. Perhaps you do understand how YOU expect things to be in MMO's (and perhaps better than I). It doesn't mean that when we spend money on a game, that we shouldn't want a certain degree of quality. I understand these fine people are working hard. But it also doesn't mean I can't voice my opinion on matters I'd like to see improved. If I hit the F7 button, I want to see people looking to run a dungeon...and not exclusively a list of gold-sellers. Is that honestly too much to ask?

My issues with the game are

1. Farming dungeons  is a severe chore with friends as you are forced to form a party outside dungeon then go in to the lobby then go into another lobby then finally reach your place after going into ANOTHER instance and when it's all done you literally have to do it all over again from step 1 it's incredibly tedious and torture completely kills the want to do dungeons

2. The crafting system is completely abhorred with everything taking so long to even do and the rare chance you even get a node due to the bots  and only getting one use out of your tools among other crap

3. I don't like the fact that cerulean and crimson attack you despite which side you are when you are not fitted

4. Stamina never gets better and you end up running everywhere that's not covered by windstride 

there's other stuff i just forgot to jot them down, only reason i'll still be playing when Black Desert comes is because their pvp system turns me off  same with Bless  if BLack Desert had BNS pvp system i'd prob drop it  because right now the games system features and mechanics are making it really hard for me to stay. Not to mention game is 3-4 years old and it feels like we got so lil in terms of content for a NA launch 

Archived