The deletion timer ain't smart, you guys aren't being loyal, and I really don't appreciate that.

DJKhaled

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Piper said:

Care to share how you know they were stripped of everything if their characters were deleted?

You don't. And this sounds more like someone sharing their account and someone got pissed at them - an arena partner, an ex, or who knows. But it's not how gold sellers operate.

Do you think this is the first instance of forums?  Been playing these types of games for 14 years.  Its an old trick and a popular one.  

10 hours ago, Troska said:

7 days is pretty moronic. Ignore the ignorant or white knights who say this isn't a ploy to sell slots, because it is. 

it really isnt

vindictus gave you like 5 or 6 slots and still had a 7 day deletion time after a certain level

is so you dont lose your stuff if you get hacked silly

if they didnt have this everyone would be mad there was no protection lol

On 2/6/2016 at 8:21 AM, SummerSlaughter said:

it really isnt

vindictus gave you like 5 or 6 slots and still had a 7 day deletion time after a certain level

If you get hacked of course you will lose your stuff. Your stuff will be gone. And while other titles seem to have no difficulty restoring all your items with just a few clicks of the mouse (your character can be restored in case you have delete regrets too) NCSOFT obviously hasn't moved on from 2008. Maybe they should ask the boys down at TRION or Blizzard how they manage to do this.

It's also worth noting that things like authenticators and coin lock have virtually eliminated hacking by gold sellers in other games. There's nothing like that here, is there? No. Because NCSOFT isn't trying to prevent your account from being compromised. All they're doing is pretending to apply a band aid after the fact. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around how anyone could possibly think the seven day deletion business is good for anything except getting you to buy more character slots.

26 minutes ago, Piper said:

It's also worth noting that things like authenticators and coin lock have virtually eliminated hacking by gold sellers in other games. There's nothing like that here, is there? No. 

That's odd, I use an authenticator every time I log in. Surprise surprise.

An authenticator (and other secure methods) could also be utilized to delete a character. There is no excuse for the 7 day crap.

On 2/6/2016 at 6:21 AM, SummerSlaughter said:

it really isnt

Everyone would be mad, huh? Has anyone actually had this BnS account hacked? I haven't seen anything.

Archived