3 classes need to be fixed

rhehethtg

22 minutes ago, Acroniaz said:

Eurgh, the dumbest thing I've read ever. Ever.

You have no idea how HARD the combos are for KFM and Sins. Easily the hardest combos to do in the game.

If you think combo's are what makes pvp hard, you're probably still gold or below. Just keep practicing, balance whine wont make you better. The game is pretty balanced and once you rank up the execution of combo's are the least of your problems=) (With the exception of BM currently).

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Nebuchadnezzar said:

With sins I agree. KFM? Smashing 3 buttons like an idiot is hard? Getting stun is the hardest part of it. You must be delusional. This "combo" is the least skillful thing in this game, along with Blade Dancers. Even Destro ani cancel is harder.

I disagree, I have 3 classes, two of them are Sin and KFM. The KFM is much harder to do combos with. I'm assuming you're referring to 3RF animation cancel when saying smashing 3 buttons?

Not even close to randomly hitting 3 buttons in a row. 3RF is very hard to pull off consistently.

To do it properly you have to land 3RX, then 3RF x3 then depending on how the target responds to the stuns you have to tech follow up or read how long you're following 5 point strike stun has left and 3RF again. That whole combo would do around 40% damage. Factor in ping times and there's situations it would do even less.

KFM is the hardest class to play in the game, Google it, see what the rest of community say is the hardest class to master.

3 minutes ago, Nholan said:

If you think combo's are what makes pvp hard, you're probably still gold or below. Just keep practicing, balance whine wont make you better. The game is pretty balanced and once you rank up the execution of combo's are the least of your problems=).

I didn't say that combos make PvP hard, I was replying to the fact that he insinuated that KFM and Sins had an easy time doing damage. When in reality they have more complex combos than most other classes.

You need to chill the *cricket* out, and then read what people are saying properly. Otherwise you sound like a retard,

Just now, Acroniaz said:

I disagree, I have 3 classes, two of them are Sin and KFM. The KFM is much harder to do combos with. I'm assuming you're referring to 3RF animation cancel when saying smashing 3 buttons?

Not even close to randomly hitting 3 buttons in a row. 3RF is very hard to pull off consistently.

To do it properly you have to land 3RX, then 3RF x3 then depending on how the target responds to the stuns you have to tech follow up or read how long you're following 5 point strike stun has left and 3RF again. That whole combo would do around 40% damage. Factor in ping times and there's situations it would do even less.

KFM is the hardest class to play in the game, Google it, see what the rest of community say is the hardest class to master.

I don't keep track of threads I reply to, if I'm repeating myself sorry. I pvp with everything except for sin and BM (but I did play sin on Taiwan and KR). If you can get hang of all combos of other classes, KFM combos are just smashing buttons in a correct order. Most Diamonds just macro this shit. No other class can macro whole pvp. Proof? 20-30 KFM consistently in TOP100 on servers, 2-(maybe)3 in TOP10, none, zero, nada in LAN tournaments. They don't get past qualifiers. :v

5 minutes ago, Nebuchadnezzar said:

I don't keep track of threads I reply to, if I'm repeating myself sorry. I pvp with everything except for sin and BM (but I did play sin on Taiwan and KR). If you can get hang of all combos of other classes, KFM combos are just smashing buttons in a correct order. Most Diamonds just macro this shit. No other class can macro whole pvp. Proof? 20-30 KFM consistently in TOP100 on servers, none in LAN tournaments. They don't get past qualifiers. :v

Yeah that's true it's hitting buttons in the right order but the set-up needed for it is a lot harder than for example a Blade Dancer who can charge across the map with pentaslash and then press 1-2 buttons to do a hard hitting combo. THAT is easy.

And let's not talk about macros because that's cheating tbh and makes any kind of discussion irrelevant. Without macros the 3RF combo is hard to do. I can only think of a Sin who might have a harder combo with timing the web, moths, smokebomb etc.

4 minutes ago, Acroniaz said:

Yeah that's true it's hitting buttons in the right order but the set-up needed for it is a lot harder than for example a Blade Dancer who can charge across the map with pentaslash and then press 1-2 buttons to do a hard hitting combo. THAT is easy.

And let's not talk about macros because that's cheating tbh and makes any kind of discussion irrelevant. Without macros the 3RF combo is hard to do. I can only think of a Sin who might have a harder combo with timing the web, moths, smokebomb etc.

Yeah, playing KFM requires timing. Playing other classes cooldown awareness, position, adjusting to situation. That's why only KFM can be macro'd. That's why macro KFM are so popular. I'm not saying KFMs don't require skill because they can macro. I'm saying their class mechanics lets them smash button in a correct order to win pvp. It's like playing guitar hero. It gets boring quickly tho. You get this 3RF perfect combo, you feel sooo satisfied and then you realize after you actually learned to be consistent in this shit it's actually pretty cheap way to win (almost) everything.

1 minute ago, Nebuchadnezzar said:

Yeah, playing KFM requires timing. Playing other classes cooldown awareness, position, adjusting to situation. That's why only KFM can be macro'd. That's why macro KFM are so popular. I'm not saying KFMs don't require skill because they can macro. I'm saying their class mechanics lets them smash button in a correct order to win pvp. It's like playing guitar hero. It gets boring quickly tho. You get this 3RF perfect combo, you feel sooo satisfied and then you realize after you actually learned to be consistent in this shit it's actually pretty cheap way to win (almost) everything.

Fair enough, I feel more satisfied landing 3RF combos on my KFM than animation cancelling and spinning around on my Destro for example. With Destro I feel like a raid boss and I get to choose how I want to fight people. This is how I fight on my destroyer:

- Let's see how well they can play against my spins, grabs and charges. 

- If that does well, I don't even bother trying any harder than that. I don't need too.

- Hmmm, they are playing well against it, looks like I have to get more serious.

- Let them blow tab and then get them locked up with an animation cancel that easily takes 50% of their HP.

As a KFM I always have to be playing at 100%, and reading the animation + game properly. That feels more rewarding to me.  That's just my opinion.

21 hours ago, rhehethtg said:

I really don't get people like you

Let's look at destroyer for example it's mostly pressing 1 button THAT'S A FACT SOMETHING YOU CAN'T ARGUE

Does spamming 1 skill take skill? it simply doesn't anyone with a brain can agree

spamming 1 button shouldn't be as effective as it is

either you are playing lbm/summ/destroyer or you're one of those ppl that plays pve all day and simply doesn't have a clue about anything in pvp but tell people ''to stop crying'' to look cool

silent peasant

BM spam block

KFM spam counter

FM spam impact

They do basically the same thing as spin does.

Just now, DREAMWERK said:

BM spam block

KFM spam counter

FM spam impact

Except they don't do damage to you, whilst being defensive? How did you miss that?

The Destroyer Spin is strong offensive and defensive at the same time. None of the others you mentioned are like that.

Just now, Acroniaz said:

Except they don't do damage to you, whilst being defensive? How did you miss that?

The Destroyer Spin is strong offensive and defensive at the same time. None of the others you mentioned are like that.

BM block readies an attack

KFM do dmg on counter

FM do dmg with impact

Just now, DREAMWERK said:

BM block readies an attack

KFM do dmg on counter

FM do dmg with impact

It's not even close to Destro spin damage though.

BM block readies an attack, that attack can be countered.

KFM do very little damage on the counter, it's the follow up that does more damage. That can also be countered.

FM do little damage with their counter too.

Destroyer spin does roughly 2-3% of your HP every tick of the spin. One full spin can easily do 10% of your hp.

11 minutes ago, DREAMWERK said:

BM spam block

KFM spam counter

FM spam impact

FM spam Impact.  Lmao.  That only blocks ranged attacks, too.  The Hongmoon version counters melee, and it only lasts .5 seconds, where the GCD is about a second or so it seems.

#TheMoreYouKnow

1 minute ago, Acroniaz said:

It's not even close to Destro spin damage though.

BM block readies an attack, that attack can be countered.

KFM do very little damage on the counter, it's the follow up that does more damage. That can also be countered.

FM do little damage with their counter too.

Destroyer spin does roughly 2-3% of your HP every tick of the spin. One full spin can easily do 10% of your hp.

In exchange BM block last for a longer time then any other "block" skills.

KFM do half the dmg a destroyer spin does without talents, if you talent it it actually does more dmg then destroyer spin.

Impact on it's own does a low amount of dmg but together with embers and freezes it does more dmg, it's also ranged, harder too see and is used while going on the offensive.

Furthermore unlike spining all the above cost 0 chi. 

3 minutes ago, Cogbyrn said:

FM spam Impact.  Lmao.  That only blocks ranged attacks, too.  The Hongmoon version counters melee, and it only lasts .5 seconds, where the GCD is about a second or so it seems.

#TheMoreYouKnow

Classes are balanced around having hongmoon skills and there's 0 reason to argue about balance changes for the lvl 45 cap.

And spin is also only a 0.5 sec block just like impact. 

1 minute ago, DREAMWERK said:

KFM do half the dmg a destroyer spin does without talents, if you talent it it actually does more dmg then destroyer spin.

Impact on it's own does a low amount of dmg but together with embers and freezes it does more dmg, it's also ranged, harder too see and is used while going on the offensive.

You can choose not to attack into any of the ones you've mentioned though. Like you literally stop attacking them and then punish. I've had situations where I've sat watched a Blade Master use his block and then just punish him really hard, because whilst he's blocking he can't do anything else.

With Destroyer you have to run away. Like just run the *cricket* away, cos unless you've got a KD ready you can't stop them. You can't choose to do anything else. And when I mean run away, you have to use SS or some form of teleport cos if you just run normally they will catch you in all of the spin.

3 minutes ago, Acroniaz said:

You can choose not to attack into any of the ones you've mentioned though. Like you literally stop attacking them and then punish. I've had situations where I've sat watched a Blade Master use his block and then just punish him really hard, because whilst he's blocking he can't do anything else.

With Destroyer you have to run away. Like just run the *cricket* away, cos unless you've got a KD ready you can't stop them. You can't choose to do anything else. And when I mean run away, you have to use SS or some form of teleport cos if you just run normally they will catch you in all of the spin.

There  are plenty of ways to abuse people spaming spins, tell me what class you are and ill name a few.

12 minutes ago, DREAMWERK said:

Classes are balanced around having hongmoon skills and there's 0 reason to argue about balance changes for the lvl 45 cap.

And spin is also only a 0.5 sec block just like impact. 

I'm not arguing balance.  I'm explaining why Impact spam is dumb.

17 minutes ago, DREAMWERK said:

Impact spam was mentioned.  Not intelligent use of Impact to chain stuns/max damage via Embers.  Please stick to one point/argument before moving on to the next, or concede that Impact spam is ridiculous.

21 hours ago, rhehethtg said:

I really don't get people like you

Let's look at destroyer for example it's mostly pressing 1 button THAT'S A FACT SOMETHING YOU CAN'T ARGUE

Does spamming 1 skill take skill? it simply doesn't anyone with a brain can agree

spamming 1 button shouldn't be as effective as it is

either you are playing lbm/summ/destroyer or you're one of those ppl that plays pve all day and simply doesn't have a clue about anything in pvp but tell people ''to stop crying'' to look cool

silent peasant

Then you open the *cricket*ing Google or YouTube and learn how to counter them properly! Everything is beatable if you do it right! Stop whining kid.

Just now, Cogbyrn said:

I'm not arguing balance.  I'm explaining why Impact spam is dumb.

Impact spam was mentioned.  Not intelligent use of Impact to chain stuns/max damage via Embers.  Please stick to one point/argument before moving on to the next, or concede that Impact spam is ridiculous.

Please tell Jeasung that apprently he's been playing FM wrong this whole time.

1 minute ago, Jurisz said:

Then you open the *cricket*ing Google or YouTube and learn how to counter them properly! Everything is beatable if you do it right! Stop whining kid.

So many posts of intelligent discussion from a select few, Cogbryn being one of them, and then this guy comes out. Read the rest of the thread before you post being a complete ass and contribute to the discussion, please.

1 minute ago, Roxysox said:

So many posts of intelligent discussion from a select few, Cobryn being one of them, and then this guy comes out. Read the rest of the thread before you post being a complete ass and contribute to the discussion, please.

This is completely whiny topic. People are too LAZY to learn anything. That's why they wont improve.

Just now, Jurisz said:

This is completely whiny topic. People are too LAZY to learn anything. That's why they wont improve.

Jurisz, half the thread is legitimate discussion on what can, and cannot be countered, why things are and are not able to be countered, spins, chi regen, etc. What used to be a whiney thread, was actually turned into a discussion, and debate on what and how to do certain things in arena. READ THE THREAD BEFORE YOU COMMENT

Archived