3 classes need to be fixed

rhehethtg

Destroyer: A class shouldn't be able to just press tab and do tons of damage, move quickly and stun while doing so. I really like the skill ceiling of this game but skills like this just take SO much skill away from the game.

Blade dancer: I don't get why you would add a skill that makes you resist ANY damage for a few seconds, it again, takes skill away from the game. Also their tab has big range, does a lot of damage and resists stuns. It just doesn't make sense having something like this in the game.

Summoner: This game is mostly based around combo's and stunlocking. The summoner's pet literally breaks that whole concept you can't combo a summoner because the pet will just stun, grab etc. while doing so.

I'm not saying the classes don't take any skill, it's just that they have abilities which makes the skill ceiling so much lower and gives an advantage over other classes.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, EgoVasilisk said:

and KFMs? 30%hp on 1 chaincombo?

Sins with their instaTeleButtStabDazeOyouTabNpIllInvAgain?

Actually only BM/FM requires skill/hands to win

Atleast as a kfm/sin you have to combo and it's not just spamming 1 button, kfm/sin DEFINITELY takes more skill

You say the skill ceiling is lower, @rhehethtg, but maybe that's just the learning curve that you're saying is less intense.  What does learning curve have to do with actual game balance, though?

If you know of a person who *can* defeat these classes with a class du jour, does that not prove that it can be done?  If it can be done, is it not on the player to then improve?

2 hours ago, rhehethtg said:

Destroyer: A class shouldn't be able to just press tab and do tons of damage, move quickly and stun while doing so. I really like the skill ceiling of this game but skills like this just take SO much skill away from the game.

Blade dancer: I don't get why you would add a skill that makes you resist ANY damage for a few seconds, it again, takes skill away from the game. Also their tab has big range, does a lot of damage and resists stuns. It just doesn't make sense having something like this in the game.

Summoner: This game is mostly based around combo's and stunlocking. The summoner's pet literally breaks that whole concept you can't combo a summoner because the pet will just stun, grab etc. while doing so.

I'm not saying the classes don't take any skill, it's just that they have abilities which makes the skill ceiling so much lower and gives an advantage over other classes.

What are you going on about? Destroyers tab skill does next to no damage it is for resist and I think a little move speed and traited can parry for 0.5 sec. 

When a blade dancer is spamming resist think of it more as them spending all of their energy. If they are using the energy to spin it is energy they can't use to burst you. Again the spin is not very threatful damage. If you are making a BD spin alot that is a good thing.

As for summoners the cat is super annoying yes. If you have a skill that puts people into an unconscious state use it on the cat. Summoners are very squishy and have no escapes of their own so essentially the cat interrupting your combos is their escape.

9 minutes ago, Akula69 said:

Tab does almost zero damage. If you are going to whine, at least get your facts in order. 

it doesn't need to deal damage. it stuns, gives cc immunity and a 90% movespeed buff for pressing one button. it's beyond broken

As someone smart wrote in another thread:

"PvP is balanced around players which are capable of bringing 100% of class potential."

Which means if you are gold or plat (or silver), you don't even have right to complain about unbalanced PvP. Because while some aspects of PvP and some classes are subjects to balancing, 99% of your success or loss in PvP attributed not to Game balance, but to your own poor play. It's a hard truth to take, but its a fact. Just look up PvP ladder rankings both EU and NA. It's pretty balanced, even before factoring that some classes have more players playing, or that some classes are more likeable in PvP setting - and thus these classes are more often seen in arena, even if overall they are less played.

At silver, gold or plat both you and enemy are doing so many mistakes and poor decisions, that you win or lose not because of class balance, but because of your own skill and mindset. If its not true - you would be in diamond at the top of PvP ladder in no time.

Again! Look at PvP ladder rankings! Every class is represented at the top of the rankings! Why you are in silver/gold/plat with your class, if other players with the same class are much higher? Use logic.

As someone smart mentioned in another thread:

"If summoner or destroyer can be played at 70% of its intended by game balance potential, by a newbie player, then FM or KFM will be played by the same newbie player at 40% of its intended potential. But PvP balance doesn't revolve around player incapable of mastering character. PvP balance revolves around those players which are able to bring 100% of class potential."

Just think about it. If you and your enemy both utilize your classes at full potential, the only decider will be game balance and some luck. But until you hit your skill celling, both in micro and strategic aspects, major deciders aren't balance, but your own mistakes.

PvP may seem unbalanced for only one reason: at silver/gold/plat some classes are easier to master, and so you have advantage over non-skilled opponents. Obviously balancing PvP around players not knowing their own skills, or opponent's skills, isn't the best idea.

And for all those believers in 10/2/2016. Do you really believe that because we receive some patches you suddenly will become better at PvP? PvP was always a relative thing. In other words it was never about you being skilled. It was always about comparing your skill to skill of another player. Those at the diamond, at the top of the ladder, will stay there. Silver people will stay in silver. Summoners or destroyers are swarming arena not because they are very OP, but because its easier to learn to play these classes at good enough level. It won't change with any patch. Even if we remove some classes from the game completely, it won't make you better in PvP. You will still stay at your ranking, because there are other players with higher skill. Think this way: if life gets easier for you, it will get easier for everyone, so in the end your situation didn't improve at all.

In the end, as it was proved by pro players many times, if you belong to higher division, you will climb PvP ladder easily with any class. And as it was proven by millions of scrubs in BnS and any other games with rankings - if you belong to bronze division, you will stay there no matter how game changes. I guess no one concerned by this theme will bother reading it, or even more - understanding, but I hope that collectively, if community will try to make healthy PvP environment where new players try to learn things about game before raging, it would be a beautiful world. BnS has so much to offer in terms of learning and improving your own play, that its a pity so many players are abandoning game or their characters without even receiving greatest benefits of this game - learning something new and improving yourself from your mistakes. Thats like anime shounen right there - rising from bronze to diamond with underdog character.

3 hours ago, Shiroichi said:

As someone smart wrote in another thread:

"PvP is balanced around players which are capable of bringing 100% of class potential."

Which means if you are gold or plat (or silver), you don't even have right to complain about unbalanced PvP. Because while some aspects of PvP and some classes are subjects to balancing, 99% of your success or loss in PvP attributed not to Game balance, but to your own poor play. It's a hard truth to take, but its a fact. Just look up PvP ladder rankings both EU and NA. It's pretty balanced, even before factoring that some classes have more players playing, or that some classes are more likeable in PvP setting - and thus these classes are more often seen in arena, even if overall they are less played.

At silver, gold or plat both you and enemy are doing so many mistakes and poor decisions, that you win or lose not because of class balance, but because of your own skill and mindset. If its not true - you would be in diamond at the top of PvP ladder in no time.

Again! Look at PvP ladder rankings! Every class is represented at the top of the rankings! Why you are in silver/gold/plat with your class, if other players with the same class are much higher? Use logic.

As someone smart mentioned in another thread:

"If summoner or destroyer can be played at 70% of its intended by game balance potential, by a newbie player, then FM or KFM will be played by the same newbie player at 40% of its intended potential. But PvP balance doesn't revolve around player incapable of mastering character. PvP balance revolves around those players which are able to bring 100% of class potential."

Just think about it. If you and your enemy both utilize your classes at full potential, the only decider will be game balance and some luck. But until you hit your skill celling, both in micro and strategic aspects, major deciders aren't balance, but your own mistakes.

PvP may seem unbalanced for only one reason: at silver/gold/plat some classes are easier to master, and so you have advantage over non-skilled opponents. Obviously balancing PvP around players not knowing their own skills, or opponent's skills, isn't the best idea.

And for all those believers in 10/2/2016. Do you really believe that because we receive some patches you suddenly will become better at PvP? PvP was always a relative thing. In other words it was never about you being skilled. It was always about comparing your skill to skill of another player. Those at the diamond, at the top of the ladder, will stay there. Silver people will stay in silver. Summoners or destroyers are swarming arena not because they are very OP, but because its easier to learn to play these classes at good enough level. It won't change with any patch. Even if we remove some classes from the game completely, it won't make you better in PvP. You will still stay at your ranking, because there are other players with higher skill. Think this way: if life gets easier for you, it will get easier for everyone, so in the end your situation didn't improve at all.

In the end, as it was proved by pro players many times, if you belong to higher division, you will climb PvP ladder easily with any class. And as it was proven by millions of scrubs in BnS and any other games with rankings - if you belong to bronze division, you will stay there no matter how game changes. I guess no one concerned by this theme will bother reading it, or even more - understanding, but I hope that collectively, if community will try to make healthy PvP environment where new players try to learn things about game before raging, it would be a beautiful world. BnS has so much to offer in terms of learning and improving your own play, that its a pity so many players are abandoning game or their characters without even receiving greatest benefits of this game - learning something new and improving yourself from your mistakes. TNots like anime shounen right there - rising from bronze to diamond with underdog character.

Nowhere did I say the classes are op, I said that their playstyle takes very little skill, they can be way worse than you at the game but still win simply because anyone can press 1 button over and over. I play bm and an assassin and win most of my matches against my own classes or fm/kfm and even some against the 3 classes listed above. It just annoys me that I lose to people that are worse than me, reworking those abilities to something that does take skill will make the game more fun for everyone.

Destroyer really isn't OP, once you understand what they do and what to avoid, they're not a problem. Sin/KFM have a very high skill-cap, and don't require any nerfing, nor does FM. Good ones will shine, and if they know their match-ups and you're careless with your TAB, you will get CC'd for a long time. All three of them can do it, and it really isn't broken.

The real problem to me is Summoner and Blade Dancer. From what I've researched, Summoners fall off a bit at 50. They're not crap by any means, but most classes get more tools to deal with them with the extra skill points/skills/hongmoon/whatever. 

My main concern for the health of this game is Blade Dancer. How that has not been nerfed to the ground in the other regions is beyond me. That class is straight up brain-dead, I'm sorry. You don't have to put any thought into what you're doing. They can engage from full screen out of combat, penta-slash is retarded, their resist dmg immunity is on too short of a cd (it should be doubled), their spin mechanic (not damage) is retarded, they have insane burst, the list just goes on. Oh, you can press 1, 2, 3? Congrats, welcome to Plat Mr. Blade Cancer. This class only gets better as the levels come, too. 

42 minutes ago, Laurix said:

.... their resist dmg immunity is on too short of a cd (it should be doubled)....

Why? I mean, Sin's Lotus Fury has 45sec CD, same as Destroyer's Fury, 9 seconds longer compared to BD's shield. I would understand you wanting to make them the same CD, but why double? That would make it useable only twice per round, at most. 

Just now, Naab said:

Why? I mean, Sin's Lotus Fury has 45sec CD, same as Destroyer's Fury, 9 seconds longer compared to BD's shield. I would understand you wanting to make them the same CD, but why double? That would make it useable only twice per round, at most. 

Eh, it was an exaggeration a bit. It definitely should NOT be shorter, stuff like that should be fairly normalized.

Don't they have multiple damage immunities/resists, though? I don't know the skill names off the top of my head, but I believe one is Z and the other is V. Just between those two, Spin deflect/stun-daze immunity, and their TAB -- it feels they always have an answer to getting pressured. It's just too much.

7 hours ago, rhehethtg said:

Nowhere did I say the classes are op, I said that their playstyle takes very little skill, they can be way worse than you at the game but still win simply because anyone can press 1 button over and over. I play bm and an assassin and win most of my matches against my own classes or fm/kfm and even some against the 3 classes listed above. It just annoys me that I lose to people that are worse than me, reworking those abilities to something that does take skill will make the game more fun for everyone.

I'm curious what metric you're using to determine whether someone is worse than you, because apparently it isn't winning/losing.  Because they play a class that handles more easily, they are automatically not as good as you at the game?

That's some astounding arrogance.  

We can all just complain about imbalances.... ORRRRR we can all just learn to counter those abilities and get better at it. i can understand in any other PVP game when one class can be OP but this game has counters and dodges implemented so that before they can do certain moves you can counter it.  Nerfing Classes wil most likely break the game.  Nefring < Skill

1 hour ago, Kyrrua said:

another "I whine because I'm not good" topic...

I really don't get people like you

Let's look at destroyer for example it's mostly pressing 1 button THAT'S A FACT SOMETHING YOU CAN'T ARGUE

Does spamming 1 skill take skill? it simply doesn't anyone with a brain can agree

spamming 1 button shouldn't be as effective as it is

either you are playing lbm/summ/destroyer or you're one of those ppl that plays pve all day and simply doesn't have a clue about anything in pvp but tell people ''to stop crying'' to look cool

silent peasant

1 hour ago, Reaver123 said:

We can all just complain about imbalances.... ORRRRR we can all just learn to counter those abilities and get better at it. i can understand in any other PVP game when one class can be OP but this game has counters and dodges implemented so that before they can do certain moves you can counter it.  Nerfing Classes wil most likely break the game.  Nefring < Skill

That's such a stupid thing to say, a pvp heavy game NEEDS balance.

Sure the more you play the better you get against those classes but it's just not fun losing over and over to people that are worse or at the same skill level you are just because they use a more superior class

Just now, TheKoR said:

The infinite circle of crying over what is a broken class when there are no broken classes only good and bad players... Continues..

Read my post above yours please

tldr; you don't know anything, you don't want chance, you don't care about balance

shorter tldr; **** off

8 minutes ago, rhehethtg said:

Read my post above yours please

tldr; you don't know anything, you don't want chance, you don't care about balance

shorter tldr; **** off

Its not that i dont care about Balancing Classes, i DO, its just this games a different kind of PVP game. its a Skill based one. I could sit here and cry about how all assassins do is get you in a stun lock and just rock my world every arena match,. or i can learn to counter that move properly. I main a KFM and i fought against one and got my but wooped he kept grappling me and i did not know how to trigger my grapple or counter, once i learned how to do this i was able to counter his grapple and hit him with a grapple of my own. same thing with Assassin once i learned that there attack began with them waving there hands i was able to counter it. STOP CRYING, the balances will come if needed. just enjoy the damn game or dont play at all... 

8 minutes ago, Kahima said:

Im really bored to see this kind of post, stop crying , the game will not change we follow the asian update. The game is considered enough balance to have Esport so why he will change ?? 

the more balanced and skillbased a game is the more competitive it gets

Just now, Reaver123 said:

Its not that i dont care about Balancing Classes, i DO, its just this games a different kind of PVP game. its a Skill based one. I could sit here and cry about how all assassins do is get you in a stun lock and just rock my world every arena match,. or i can learn to counter that move properly. I main a KFM and i fought against one and got my but wooped he kept grappling me and i did not know how to trigger my grapple or counter, once i learned how to do this i was able to counter his grapple and hit him with a grapple of my own. same thing with Assassin once i learned that there attack began with them waving there hands i was able to counter it. STOP CRYING, the balances will come if needed. just enjoy the damn game or dont play at all... 

''its just this games a different kind of PVP game. its a Skill based one.''

EXACTLY. spamming 1 button DOESN'T TAKE SKILL

''STOP CRYING, the balances will come if needed.''

yep i'm sure if nobody complains about something unbalanced, changes will come xd haha lol lmao roflhaha

Archived