Infinite Stamina: Petition to Install "Qi Lines" in the Roads

SilentCaay

It would be nice if when Windwalking on roads you had infinite stamina especially since Windwalking essentially replaces mounts in this game. I can understand the stamina system in general but having limited Windwalking when running long distances between cities is like having a mount that only works for 12 seconds at a time. It's a little annoying so how about he have infinite stamina while on roads and call it "qi lines" or "qi currents" or somesuch to explain it away, lore-wise?

(Edited for qi-related reasons.)

11 minutes ago, VocalMagic said:

It's not Mana you uncultured swine, it's Qi because it's kung fu life energy, not magical spiritual energy.

Real talk, how difficult is it for people like you to not be a dick on the internet?
You knew exactly what he meant, but instead you want to argue semantics instead of discussing the general concept of what he brought up.

1 minute ago, Snivy said:

Real talk, how difficult is it for people like you to not be a dick on the internet?
You knew exactly what he meant, but instead you want to argue semantics instead of discussing the base concept of what he brought up.

Because the NCSoft team believes that all americans are like him, so they brought in a localization team to butcher the story and remove actual mythology that I was looking forward to.

28 minutes ago, SilentCaay said:

It would be nice if when Windwalking on roads you had infinite stamina especially since Windwalking essentially replaces mounts in this game. I can understand the stamina system in general but having limited Windwalking when running long distances between cities is like having a mount that only works for 12 seconds at a time. It's a little annoying so how about he have infinite stamina while on roads and call it "mana lines" or "mana currents" or somesuch to explain it away, lore-wise?

I can dig it. I've always thought limiting movement speed "just because" was ridiculous. Not even being premium makes it any better, at least not by much. There is literally no reason why we shouldn't have unlimited on roads/paths, or even just out in the open world at all. In instances I'm fine with it the way it is, and it's not even usable in combat. It's just a quality of life improvement, something Blade and Soul severely lacks.

2 minutes ago, VocalMagic said:

It's not Mana you uncultured swine, it's Qi because it's kung fu life energy, not magical spiritual energy.

Qi actually has more than one meaning. It's as much in reference to life force as it is a spiritual energy. It has more similarities to mana than pretty much any other type of mystical power source.

Here is the wiki page on Qi with plenty of references: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi

Here is Blade and Soul's very definition of Qi in regards to the lore: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/concept-of-chi/

Note, both reference Qi being spiritual or mystical in nature, applying to everything, including the earth, air and water, not just living creatures. This would help support the idea of roads/paths providing more Qi to your character as you travel. Also, Qi has very little to do with the martial arts, it simply provides the energy necessary to achieve what they call "otherworldly feats" which include imbuing your weapon with power, using the Dragon Pulses, etc.

Try to read up on what you're insulting other people for not understanding before you call them uncultured, when you clearly don't even know yourself.

5 minutes ago, FrostyOblivion said:

I can dig it. I've always thought limiting movement speed "just because" was ridiculous. Not even being premium makes it any better, at least not by much. There is literally no reason why we shouldn't have unlimited on roads/paths, or even just out in the open world at all. In instances I'm fine with it the way it is, and it's not even usable in combat. It's just a quality of life improvement, something Blade and Soul severely lacks.

Qi actually has more than one meaning. It's as much in reference to life force as it is a spiritual energy. It has more similarities to mana than pretty much any other type of mystical power source.

Here is the wiki page on Qi with plenty of references: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qi

Here is Blade and Soul's very definition of Qi in regards to the lore: http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/concept-of-chi/

Note, both reference Qi being spiritual or mystical in nature, applying to everything, including the earth, air and water, not just living creatures. This would help support the idea of roads/paths providing more Qi to your character as you travel. Also, Qi has very little to do with the martial arts, it simply provides the energy necessary to achieve what they call "otherworldly feats" which include imbuing your weapon with power, using the Dragon Pulses, etc.

Try to read up on what you're insulting other people for not understanding before you call them uncultured, when you clearly don't even know yourself.

Alright, I deserve that for being petty and pedantic. I wished to call attention to knowing the difference between the two and chose an inappropriate hyperbole in my haste and, quite frankly, unwarranted anger. I apologize for this.

It is not the Topic Creator's fault that NC Soft makes terrible decisions regarding their localization staff.

I'm quite bemused as to why people get/feel offended on the internet.

If he called me an uncultured swine I'd simply educate him that I am not a piggy.

It's not like he came into my home and put pink cushions everywhere.

Just now, Houlon said:

I'm quite bemused as to why people get/feel offended on the internet.

If he called me an uncultured swine I'd simply educate him that I am not a piggy.

It's not like he came into my home and put pink cushions everywhere.

Your computer's in your home, right?
88cd0f4ded49dc550099a4fde02d3546.jpg

1 minute ago, SilentCaay said:

Edited the topic, regardless, because I do care about lore enough to stay true to it when possible. I simply used the word mana reflexively and didn't really think about qi being a thing in this game.

It had not occurred to me this could also be the case. I apologize for my anger.

if im not mistaken martial artists and spiritualists and such call it leylines  or something not sure of the spelling dont flip over it - point is the planet has qi of its own and tapping into it is an actual spiritualist technique so his basic idea actually still fits very well with the theme of the game itself you can actually look this stuff up if you dont believe me google or even go to someone who would know about such things

Sounds like a good idea, but this game is meant to be a copy of the original BNS, or current version, they'd need to ask krncsoft before they could put in something like that, and they will probably say no. I get the frustration especially as the teleport points get farther and farther, but probably not going to happen.

Archived