I have no idea what is going on as all that happens is Chain cc.

Azurene

19 minutes ago, Osmosis said:

Yeah this is what BnS PvP is like, unfortunately.  Stuns, knockdowns, chain CC...it's not what I would class as "fun".

Hah terrible reply.

OP are you max level yet?  If not arena is not the best place to get a feel for pvp.  Classes are very different and most of them have very high skill caps (regardless of what people here will tell you).  As you level each class will unlock moves to counter the cc types.  I would say you can "kind of" go into pvp around mid 20-30 to get a small taste.  But remember that players of higher level will more often than not have a high advantage over you.  As for LBM tactics i cant help there I have never played one.  Do a quick google search for the class and guide should be able to get some info.  Knowledge is gold in this game and as you level and begin to unlock more abilities, the next challenge will be to master them in combos.  Your class will be able to cc and juggle opponents also once you unlock enough skills.

4 minutes ago, Duckfat said:

Hah terrible reply.

OP are you max level yet?  If not arena is not the best place to get a feel for pvp.  Classes are very different and most of them have very high skill caps (regardless of what people here will tell you).  As you level each class will unlock moves to counter the cc types.  I would say you can "kind of" go into pvp around mid 20-30 to get a small taste.  But remember that players of higher level will more often than not have a high advantage over you.  As for LBM tactics i cant help there I have never played one.  Do a quick google search for the class and guide should be able to get some info.  Knowledge is gold in this game and as you level and begin to unlock more abilities, the next challenge will be to master them in combos.  Your class will be able to cc and juggle opponents also once you unlock enough skills.

I was forced to do it because of a quest in Cinderlands the Tourny thing

20 minutes ago, Duckfat said:

Ah ok well then just take it lightly as it really is no representation of end game combat whatsoever.  

Love how he implies things change when you reach 45. Guess what... It doesn't. PVP  in a nutshell, who can stun lock and do stupid ani-cancel first. I get filled joy as I watch my character stuck in place getting pounded.

15 minutes ago, HolyFukkkkkkkkkk said:

Love how he implies things change when you reach 45. Guess what... It doesn't. PVP  in a nutshell, who can stun lock and do stupid ani-cancel first. I get filled joy as I watch my character stuck in place getting pounded.

Yo, if you feel that way this game must not be for you. It's there's a lot more than 'stun lock and Ani cancel first.' If you waste your tab and your F escape, you will get shit on if you allow your opponent to start their combo. So, use them wisely. If you find yourself without your escapes, don't walk up to that destroyer and try to fight them in melee like a *cricket*ing asshat. Kite, use iframes, counter their pull, cc them, anything you must do to avoid their damage while your cool downs refresh. 

TL;DR there is a lot of outplay potential for every match up and you aren't going to master the game in a week. Don't like it? WoW's PvP is still simple. Go play that instead.

1 hour ago, Varudo said:

Yo, if you feel that way this game must not be for you. It's there's a lot more than 'stun lock and Ani cancel first.' If you waste your tab and your F escape, you will get shit on if you allow your opponent to start their combo. So, use them wisely. If you find yourself without your escapes, don't walk up to that destroyer and try to fight them in melee like a *cricket*ing asshat. Kite, use iframes, counter their pull, cc them, anything you must do to avoid their damage while your cool downs refresh. 

TL;DR there is a lot of outplay potential for every match up and you aren't going to master the game in a week. Don't like it? WoW's PvP is still simple. Go play that instead.

exactly 100%.  If this is too hard move on man.  Im loving the difficulty.  It feels extremely rewarding when you win... and when I lose I always learn something.

13 minutes ago, Duckfat said:

exactly 100%.  If this is too hard move on man.  Im loving the difficulty.  It feels extremely rewarding when you win... and when I lose I always learn something.

You mean shameful display ? *commit suicide in shame*

1 hour ago, Varudo said:

I kindly ask ya to watch HanJunHo or Jaesung (PROFESSIONAL KOREAN BnS PVP PLAYERS) and guess what.. Every freaking win is basically Stun lock and insta kill with ani cancel combo. I guess there is some skill in knowing when to stun lock...

14 minutes ago, HolyFukkkkkkkkkk said:

I kindly ask ya to watch HanJunHo or Jaesung (PROFESSIONAL KOREAN BnS PVP PLAYERS) and guess what.. Every freaking win is basically Stun lock and insta kill with ani cancel combo. I guess there is some skill in knowing when to stun lock...

Yes, games are usually ended by a combo of CC chains and damage. That is how the game is designed. Good eye, sir. However, that is a small piece of the puzzle. You're basically saying all you need to do in chess to win is take the enemy king. While it's true, it's only a minor detail and does absolutely nothing to help a person become better at chess, much less actually win. Open your eyes, stop being so ignorant of the mechanics that make up this game.

6 minutes ago, Varudo said:

You're basically saying all you need to do in chess to win is take the enemy king. 

It's actually exactly what im saying... If you've seen some these games at VERY high level they usually end extremely fast.. They both play BM and spam block till they can get a stun lock and gg. Some matches start and end in literally a blink of an eye... It's funny cus when they get caught in one of the stuns locks they dont even bother and just move on to next match... continue trying to say there's some kind of next level skill besides stun locking please.

7 minutes ago, HolyFukkkkkkkkkk said:

It's actually exactly what im saying... If you've seen some these games at VERY high level they usually end extremely fast.. They both play BM and spam block till they can get a stun lock and gg. Some matches start and end in literally a blink of an eye... It's funny cus when they get caught in one of the stuns locks they dont even bother and just move on to next match... continue trying to say there's some kind of next level skill besides stun locking please.

Actually like 1/4 of the high level matches I watch go until the time limit. I'm not going to try to argue with you because you are pretty confident that you're correct. Iframes, counters, playing neutral, baiting trinkets, whatever. It's lost on you. Go play something else.

• 1 month later...

Yeah PvP in this game is trash as it becomes nothing more than a cc fest. CCing in PvP is the worst thing video game makers have ever implemented. We should be able to freely us CC on bosses and it is only against other players that CC use should be restricted.

Nothing pisses people off more than being CCed during PvP.

On 30.1.2016 at 0:52 AM, Azurene said:

Seriously just tried the 1v1 and it was nothing but watching my character get stunlocked constantly.

What do Blade Dancers even have to counter scum tactics?

The people who reply on this post are absolute airheards...
But to answer your question... Spin. Use your Tab, there are so many ways to avoid CC. Still you should reach max level first or research every ability and PvP mechanic in the game first before heading into Arena and getting obliterated. PvP is very hard in this game, so you have to study a lot about how to play. Nothing is op, nothing is really broken, everything is balanced and alright in PvP and you have always a chance of winning if you and the enemy have an equal amount of skill. And just as a side note: When you first start PvP, you will often face enemies that are stronger than you/better. Play a few games and the more you lose, the easier your enemies will get and soon you will be able to climb against opponents that have the same amount of skill as you.

-Ra9eQuit

On 30.1.2016 at 0:52 AM, Azurene said:

Seriously just tried the 1v1 and it was nothing but watching my character get stunlocked constantly.

What do Blade Dancers even have to counter scum tactics?

I suggest you Think LBM guide. Probably one of the  best guides ive seen so far.

Use your tab and put some skill points for Deflect (Right-most column iirc), if your opponent hit you during the first 0.5s he will get stun. (Unless he uses skills that pierces parry).
Put some points in your second wind so you can use it during Stun (first point).
Your guardian tempest can be specced to block 5 hits.

Point me in the direction of a competitive game that is completely balanced, fair for all levels of skill, and very easy to learn with no practice needed please. 

I'm assuming you came from that game, sounds magical.

Git gud, or stick to PvE.

1 hour ago, Ra9eQuit said:

The people who reply on this post are absolute airheards...
But to answer your question... Spin. Use your Tab, there are so many ways to avoid CC. Still you should reach max level first or research every ability and PvP mechanic in the game first before heading into Arena and getting obliterated. PvP is very hard in this game, so you have to study a lot about how to play. Nothing is op, nothing is really broken, everything is balanced and alright in PvP and you have always a chance of winning if you and the enemy have an equal amount of skill. And just as a side note: When you first start PvP, you will often face enemies that are stronger than you/better. Play a few games and the more you lose, the easier your enemies will get and soon you will be able to climb against opponents that have the same amount of skill as you.

-Ra9eQuit

Please....

The game is balanced around level 50. We have skills available that were not available in eastern version of the game until level 50 (recognize Summoner's sunflower? ye, guess what?) . The game is not balanced at all right now. It isn't completly unbalanced either , sure thing , but try winning as BM vs Summoner (even less skilled). This is a match up even the best BM players give up on from the start. And nope, no hate on summoner here intended as I'm not that kind of person, but truth is that is the only class BM has no chance against, while everything else can be outplayed, there is no outplaying a summoner if you're a BM unless he doesn't know what he's doing at all.

5 minutes ago, Quashar said:

Please....

The game is balanced around level 50. We have skills available that were not available in eastern version of the game until level 50 (recognize Summoner's sunflower? ye, guess what?) . The game is not balanced at all right now. It isn't completly unbalanced either , sure thing , but try winning as BM vs Summoner (even less skilled). This is a match up even the best BM players give up on from the start. And nope, no hate on summoner here intended as I'm not that kind of person, but truth is that is the only class BM has no chance against, while everything else can be outplayed, there is no outplaying a summoner if you're a BM unless he doesn't know what he's doing at all.

You sir are probably a BM who cant beat Summoners. Go watch Jaesung, he makes it to Diamond without even BM being his main through like 20 summoners, losing only a few. It isnt unbalanced if you can outmatch your disadvantage with skill. Making the game harder in certain scenarios is not what you can call unbalanced. And it certainly is not impossible to win against Summoners as BM. And Level 50 wont make BM's life a lot easier. Same for every other class. And the higher you go, the harder the game will get, no matter what match up. I played against a Plat and Diamond BM recently as Destroyer and KFM, and I couldnt do anything against the Diamond one. Skill is the key. 
And there are Blade Masters who beat Summoners in Diamond, so your point of the Summoner not knowing what he does is invalid.

-Ra9eQuit

4 hours ago, Ra9eQuit said:

You sir are probably a BM who cant beat Summoners. Go watch Jaesung, he makes it to Diamond without even BM being his main through like 20 summoners, losing only a few. It isnt unbalanced if you can outmatch your disadvantage with skill. Making the game harder in certain scenarios is not what you can call unbalanced. And it certainly is not impossible to win against Summoners as BM. And Level 50 wont make BM's life a lot easier. Same for every other class. And the higher you go, the harder the game will get, no matter what match up. I played against a Plat and Diamond BM recently as Destroyer and KFM, and I couldnt do anything against the Diamond one. Skill is the key. 
And there are Blade Masters who beat Summoners in Diamond, so your point of the Summoner not knowing what he does is invalid.

-Ra9eQuit

You realise that throwing names of top players around doesn't make you gain any more credibility among people who know what they are talking about?

Here we go:

Jaesung confirms BM near unplayable in PVP 

"Just keep the BM for PVE and play PVP with other class"

Basically he says that summoner is an unwinnable matchup, BM doesn't have the tools to do anything, and playing the summoner matchup tilted him so much that he stopped streaming.

I'd link you the video of him playing against a summoner but unsure about rules for putting links up in here, you can use google anyway. He get's his ass handed to him.
I've discussed this with several plat/diamond BMs , many discussed this on this very forum, all of them agree that this match up is a no go. As I said BM can , if skilled enaugh come around any other class. No matter of skill will carry you against equaly skilled summoner. This isn't just my opinion so if you can't deal with facts, supported even by the names you keep waving around like a flag then we'll have to agree to disagree.

5 hours ago, Ra9eQuit said:

Go watch Jaesung, he makes it to Diamond without even BM being his main through like 20 summoners, losing only a few.

Let's be fair to the players who only started playing when the NA version came out.

Jaesung is a professional player, and has played the game for many years. Using him to get your point about skill across is pretty unreasonable. A lot of the top BMs have also played on other versions for over a year. So yes, for newer players to be frustrated at the balance isn't completely unreasonable on their part. 

Also, if Jaesung can lose even one match to summoners who might have only started in NA.... then that should speak volumes.

4 hours ago, Quashar said:

You realise that throwing names of top players around doesn't make you gain any more credibility among people who know what they are talking about?

Here we go:

I'd link you the video of him playing against a summoner but unsure about rules for putting links up in here, you can use google anyway. He get's his ass handed to him.
I've discussed this with several plat/diamond BMs , many discussed this on this very forum, all of them agree that this match up is a no go. As I said BM can , if skilled enaugh come around any other class. No matter of skill will carry you against equaly skilled summoner. This isn't just my opinion so if you can't deal with facts, supported even by the names you keep waving around like a flag then we'll have to agree to disagree.

You are right, but this is like taking the absolutely worst case scenario. You are right about Summoner being a horrible match up for BM, but even if we put like the best Summoner and the best Blade Master in one match and watch the summoner winning... There will always be a chance for the BM winning. It isnt impossible. I agree with you on the most part, but in my opinion, saying that a match up is unwinable on equal skill level is just a hindrance in your growth as a player. Even Jaesung won in the world tournament against a BM which is supposed to be FM's worst match up and I guess I can assume that both were on the same skill level, but he outplayed his worst matchup. Not trying to throw around names again, but these are just examples and I wouldnt be surprised if a Blade Master would win against a summoner in the world championship.
I feel like your attitude isnt right, logically it probably is, but not in a way of "is it actually helpful to know that". Assuming I would be like a low diamond BM and I go into Arena and see Intellect as my Summoner enemy, Does that mean I can unplug my keyboard and wait until the game is over? Because I cant win anyway? Idk man, i am getting irrational i know, but what is good about saying "yeah, cant win".

-Ra9eQuit

Archived