wardrobe should be free already

nemein

11 minutes ago, Leraine said:

Did you seriously compared a living necessity ( which is food) to an entertainment ( which is the game) ?

Let me put it this way instead of him.

Entertainment you say? Should the play grounds and cinema be for free? Should my popcorn be for free because I bought a ticket? Should my film ticket be for free because I bought popcorn? Should my film be for free just because as normal human being I deserve entertainment for free? It should be my human right to demand free movie right? Who pay the staff behind the scene making this film actually happen,and the people providing it in the cinema? Who care,same could be said for devs and the staff taking care the game is up and running.They should be volunteers,just like the Red Cross first aiders.

Edit: When I visited my cousin in UK last x-mass some girl show on hes door - fundraiser.I don't know if they pay(which I suppose,since it was cold and they are..uhm 8 hours on the streeet knocking on people doors,or should be I hope atleast) them but she was representing British Red Cross.She said to keep the service running in the Area BRS need 60k Pounds per week.Enough with charity working/doing stuff completly for free.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Teffy said:

Entertainment you say? Should the play grounds and cinema be for free? Should my popcorn be for free because I bought a ticket? Should my film ticket be for free because I bought popcorn? Should my film be for free just because as normal human being I deserve entertainment for free? It should be my human right to demand free movie right? Who pay the staff behind the scene making this film actually happen,and the people providing it in the cinema? Who care,same could be said for devs and the staff taking care the game is up and running.They should be volunteers,just like the Red Cross first aiders.

Your logic is so frustating in every comment you have. He didn't say that. No one said that.

6 minutes ago, Teffy said:

I pretty much pointed out that that kind of argument is irrelevant and stupid, you cannot compare apples and oranges just because they are fruits. Compare me Bns features to other mmo and then we can talk.

Comparing games with food or anything irrelevant just to prove your point is logically fallacious.

3 minutes ago, Sethniel said:

Your logic is so frustating in every comment you have. He didn't say that. No one said that.

Thats exactly how it is.Someone is behind making the food and so is behind the game.The cooking dudes/gals in the kitchen preparing the food don't do it for free,nor the waitress that serve the food,well same for the people behind the game starting from the managers to end up to the toilet cleaner in the office.

7 minutes ago, TheRealBronx said:

Not gonna debate this any further. It's pointless.

You won't get wardrobe unless you pay for it. Don't wanna pay for it? You don't get it. Does this upset you? Then quit. There's nothing more to say really.

Wardrobe should totally be avaiable to all players as it is by FAR the MAIN feature of the game like pvp arena. This game is all about how good your character looks and without wardrobe it takes this HUGE part of the game away. Instead of beeing that greedy and taking money of necessary things like wardrobe they should rather make QUALITY costumes because it is the best way to monetize the game (see dota 2.)

5 minutes ago, Teffy said:

Thats exactly how it is.Someone is behind making the food and so is behind the game.The cooking dudes/gals in the kitchen preparing the food don't do it for free,nor the waitress that serve the food,well same for the people behind the game starting from the managers to end up to the toilet cleaner in the office.

So according to your flawed logic killing an ant is the same as killing a human since they are both living organisms, right ?

The Wardrobe should not be free and is one of the Big selling points for premium(which offers a great many other benefits, look it up sometime.) I do believe that costumes should be handled differently however. Quested and Hongmoon coin items should be character bound while NCcoin items should be account bound (to include costumes.)  

2 minutes ago, Teffy said:

MAin future? MAin future is your warehouse with the 2 tabs there.If they was making this Future Premium,then ok I would agree is over the top.Wardrobe is premium,end of story.

One of the most basic and main feature of entire rpg and mmorgp genre is currency dropping from monsters. Guess what, its a premium feature.

1 minute ago, Teffy said:

I would understand if monsters was droping few silvers,then OK that would be unfair,however cleaning full daillies bring me 10 silver? C'mon now...

Il spell it out since many with premium features are oblivious to it.

Free users get NO GOLD drops from ANY monsters.

Only Premium players do.

17 minutes ago, Teffy said:

I bought CS:GO skins, and basicly there is no value (in-game value) in a skin. But i bought them, and no, not the 4 cent types. More like 5-10-15 euros each.

No one said the dev team doesn't deserv money. They deserve it, and i pay for this game, but I just don't like monthly fee. That's all. Acutally i would love to pay 60 euro for this game + microtransactions. But this isn't the case. So...

There is no point to compare a 'f2p' game to cinemas or restaurants. If you go there (e.g. cineams, restaurant) u accept that, u have to pay for the food/movie etc. But people can argue about the premium value, and you can't deny that. :D

Ok so let put it this way.F2p players have 40 daillies worth of gold and Premium 41 ! Be glad they didn't limited f2p to 20 daillies per day.

The day you pay money to download BnS and install it into your computer is the day you can demand things to be not behind paywall,since the game itself in this case would be behind it.

Can you download the game for free?

Can you lvl up to max level for free?

Can you do 40 daillies for free?

Can you gear up for free with all avalible weapons,etc for free?

Can you visit each area the game is offering for free?

Can you attend every dungeon for free?

Can you use auction house for free?

Can you craft for free?

Can you group people for free?

Can you use chat for free?

Can you do everything premium member can for completly free? More or yes the answer is YES.

Stop being poor plebs and just spend some money instead of complaining all the time...

@ If you go there (e.g. cineams, restaurant) u accept that, u have to pay for the food/movie etc. But people can argue about the premium value, and you can't deny that. :D @

Well if you come here by agreeing to al;l terms and agreements you agreed obviously to play the game and you should expect some things are not free.The water and the toilet at the restourant is for free,but rest is not.So here the water and the toilet is:

The pretty much almost everything free is the water.

The chance to actually qq all day long without sanctions is the toilet.

And the rest is the food you have to pay for.

End.Sick of kids.

Just now, Zarec said:

Welcome to NCsoft spin on the genre. 

Personally i haven't seen any other NCsoft or other company not having currency dropping from monsters where is one in general.

it is a bad practice and it doesnt matter if its NCsoft or other company, the fact that they put such basic feature as a premium only explains a lot.

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/

Please review the list. People are thinking gold is just raining from the sky for premium users. Its not, we are looking at copper, maybe on rare occasion silvers. Even then you have to "level up" by purchasing more things. Dailies and quests will ALWAYS net you MORE loot and MORE cash faster.  The cash drops really arent the selling point of Premium. Besides, bots selling things for 1 copper a drop really isnt stopping them from making cash is it?

3 minutes ago, Teffy said:

Ok so let put it this way.F2p players have 40 daillies worth of gold and Premium 41 ! Be glad they didn't limited f2p to 20 daillies per day.

Again, you intentionally missing the point. Nobody spoke about other feature or dailies.

We are talking about BASIC feature that existed in all mmos and rpgs that had currencies and you only have it if you pay 15/month.

How can anyone be oblivious and defend such thing.

Just now, Scorpaeon said:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/uk/news/premium-membership/

Please review the list. People are thinking gold is just raining from the sky for premium users. Its not, we are looking at copper, maybe on rare occasion silvers. Even then you have to "level up" by purchasing more things. Dailies and quests will ALWAYS net you MORE loot and MORE cash faster. 

The fact alone that any gold drops for Premium users and it doesn't drop for fee is abysmal and the quantity is irrelevant, its the practice of them actually limiting such feature is absurb.

Imagine if they told you that free users can move only with WS and that AD are  premium feature only. What you gonna say, that it doesn't give big advantage because you can move the camera and navigate with WS anyway ?

Cash Shop outfits should be account bound and outfits from bosses and spins should remain bound to one character, to share cash shop outfits between characters you should have to buy premium to store it in the wardrobe for it to be accessable to other characters

Plebs are free to leave,and please close the door the on the way out as it's Winter here in Eu/NA.Thanks.

The less complaining about silly things the better.Lower queue,less work for the staff,lower bandwich use,and same money.Fair deal.You won't be missed.Please BDO,etc is awaiting you...wait you have to pay BDO - now go cry in ther forum that the game cost 60-100 euro and it's unfair and against your human rights to play games for free.

4 minutes ago, Leraine said:

Again, you intentionally missing the point. Nobody spoke about other feature or dailies.

We are talking about BASIC feature that existed in all mmos and rpgs that had currencies and you only have it if you pay 15/month.

How can anyone be oblivious and defend such thing.

Well I'm going to use the classic retort, because i have used it on many other f2p games. If you dont like the practices, don't give the game any more of your time. I dont play a certain superhero game because of their limitations, I don't play a certain space opera game because of their limitations. Yes you can argue you are blue in the face that this should be a common thing. I can do the same on many other games and the feature they decide to put on lock down. The difference here is that these limitations do not STOP you from getting anywhere in the game as a F2P player. The other games I hinted at, their limitations DO. That's why I'm "defending" them .. they have other things they need to fix before I even care about the coin drops. The limitations here slow you down, threefold, but they do not stop you from progressing. If ever I drop my premium, I realise this will be the case and I am okay with it.

Actually I have never said wardrobe should be free. I said the f2p model is great in this MMO, but I would prefer to pay once for wardrobe. Or I could accept a cheaper monthly fee for it, despite I refuse monthly fee in games (b2p for the best for me, sorry). But people like Teffy call me pleb and distort my words. I enjoy this forum so far. :D

Okay, since someone brought up the analogy of Taco Bell by misapplying an already bad analogy (and analogies are inherently prone to misuse or varying from the real situation, as we should all know), I will attempt a better application of said analogy as a counter-argument.  Taco Bell (NCSoft) wants us to purchase their food products (cash shop items) as their primary source of income, but they have decided that the cups and dishes that they would serve said items to us will be reserved as a premium service.  We cannot provide our own utensils and wares for actually making practical use of their products, but we must either subscribe to rent their cups, dishes and plastic-ware OR suffer with tiny little "courtesy cups" and our bare fingers.

So, I ask you, would you be encouraged or discouraged to eat at a restaurant that expects you to rent the containers and utensils needed to actually consume their food?

14 minutes ago, Scorpaeon said:

Well I'm going to use the classic retort, because i have used it on many other f2p games. If you dont like the practices, don't give the game any more of your time. I dont play a certain superhero game because of their limitations, I don't play a certain space opera game because of their limitations. Yes you can argue you are blue in the face that this should be a common thing. I can do the same on many other games and the feature they decide to put on lock down. The difference here is that these limitations do not STOP you from getting anywhere in the game as a F2P player. The other games I hinted at, their limitations DO. That's why I'm "defending" them .. they have other things they need to fix before I even care about the coin drops. The limitations here slow you down, threefold, but they do not stop you from progressing. If ever I drop my premium, I realise this will be the case and I am okay with it.

It is called providing constructing criticism . Me or anyone else leaving wont make the game better  and considering this game was made Free to play which wants them the players to try out the game and support it with their money and get bonus features for it.This game would be subscription only like in JP and KR. They didnt that because they want more potential costumers that a steady fanbase.So assuming that premium members opinion hold more basis than a free one is wrong because the fact alone a free member can pay for the game without ever being a premium but thats irrelevant.

You need to understand that many people playing this game can see the potential in it and like many of it feature but are pointing out the features that hinder their overall gaming experience , there is a whole survey by the game developers for that EXACT reason, to ask players how they feel about the game and how they can improve it, its not a premium only survey, it asks everyone.

There is one thing defending the game with valid arguments but defending by comparing to irrelevant things or making absurd remarks or strawmaning is not helping neither the game neither the players.

No gold drop vs non gold drop hinders the progression A LOT, you have to literally change your approach  and manage your income and depend on market selling compared to premium that never need to do that.

I already wrote and example with WSAD movement , in theory moving with WS only doesn't stop you to getting lvl 45 but that doesn't mean it doesn't hinder your gaming experience.

5 minutes ago, Leraine said:

I already wrote and example with WSAD movement , in theory moving with WS only doesn't stop you to getting lvl 45 but that doesn't mean it doesn't hinder your gaming experience.

I'm sorry .. removing your controls to play the game and removing 1-5c drops from mobs are not comparable. I get you are upset, raw and sensitive on the subject. So constructive criticism away. Just accept the fact that not everyone shares your opinion. I have said my piece with the thread, you can have the last word if you want it. Good luck on your crusade.

Archived