Gold Spammers Everywhere

Glyndwr

1 minute ago, Unskilled banana said:

Oh well, I just recommend you to chill. The situation is not getting better by talking shit in the forums.

I appreciate your concern but, you need not to worry about my health status for it is stable. As far as the topic goes, I am doing this in the name/ sake thereof.

@Pinkles Yes that is what many do want, it is too easy for a person to level to 4 then join a faction to commence their transactions.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, illusiondoll#28 said:

Again you failed to see as well as read what I have written; these bots impact the server greatly, so its not a minuscule thing. That is nice that you are not too worried about the stability of the servers as well as the players that you do enjoy this game with. However your suggestion was noted but, I do not think it will help everyone in the long run if the servers go kaput again thanks to the 'infinite' amount of bots trying to squeeze in. ^^;

@QueenSheba If I may put your suggestion in my first forum post?

@Xenosaga That is a very healthy suggestion - also someone from my faction suggested the captcha system for bot mitigation.

Sure just credit me lol

I Posted this is another thread: 

Not saying this is a solution because ESO is B2P however the have 3 deletes once you use them you must wait 24hours to get a delete back and you get one back every 24hours. I never saw a gold spam bot in ESO but I know being B2P it's a little different. That couple with the 5 minutes delete I think would help (get rid of 7 day delete) 

So here's how it would work

3 deletes (this should NOT be something you can increase from cash shop) 

if you use all three you can't delete another toon for 24 hours (you gain one delete back every 24 hours only after you spend all three) 

Add the current 5 minute timer for deletes (like it is for low levels to characters of any level) 

Since everyone only gets two initial char slots I think this could help since you can only increase via CS slots 

And if the decide something like this they of course need a massive ban first then implement with the ban 

39 minutes ago, QueenSheba said:

The only way to truly eliminate gold sellers is to eliminate the need to buy gold from third party websites. To do this the game needs an in-game gold/NCoin trade. Supposedly we have one, but I haven't seen it anywhere. 

Anyway, games that have RL currencies (Ncoin) that can be directly traded in game for game currency never have the spambot issue. It also generates more revenue for the game because when someone with RL cash to spend is in need of game coin they can just buy Ncion and trade it for their game coin. 

That's not true. GW2 had bots (each of whom paid $60 for the game, fyi, so putting chat behind paywalls or any of these ridiculous things people are suggesting won't work), and they also had a Gem to Gold exchange (and vice versa). Just having a currency exchange would do nothing for the issue. GW2 also didn't have many bots actually spamming chats, though. It was mainly through mail. Whatever they did to keep people from spamming chat worked.

Unfortunately NCSoft is infamous through L2 and Aion for not being able to handle bots. They still plague both of those games, so I'm really not hopeful that they'll be able to eradicate them here.

Hi , my native language is spanish but i try talk 

Well friend.. i can accept some spam but now is really crazy ....  Spam everywhere ! many bots in all places
and i have problem with write msg another peoples.
i think the solution is very simple
1- RUN SCRIPT in server and scan many account and deleted bot
2-Limit Chat with level 35+ (Faction / Region)

Well the last word have admin .... but please need fix thats.

Thnx

Do what PoE does. I don't know how they do it but they monitor there channels. I used to use a trade spam bot there to sell my mod service by spamming with an alt. Everytime whatever detection they were using caught wind I was using automated means to announce messages and banned the alt. It took like 4 days or so of the bot running nearly 24/7 but they took care of it.

They also have a decent anti-cheat. It is not constantly on but they turn it on usually at the beginning of leagues and it scans processes reading and hooking into PoE. The admins then instaban every one who was reading PoE or hooking into at the time.

30 minutes ago, Vireis said:

Upon writing this we literally lost Cerulean faction chat in Soha to gold sellers. This needs to be sorted out, this is f'kin ridiculous

Yeah it's freaking rediculous right now on soha,  oh and I'd like to add BAN THE DUMBASSES WHO BUY THE STUFF

I'm kind of voting for something like a captcha. Maybe when you initially chat or lock faction chat to certain levels. If a person has banned characters for spam, Maybe more than one, They should ban the account. This gold spam is whats keeping non-premium members from logging in. Even premium members have to wait sometimes. 

Just now, 897971_1452550635 said:

NCSoft thought the problem will go away or minimize... wrong now gold sellers controls every single chat except well not so fast... I don't want to say it, but next thing will be friends request and whispers....

A friend of mine has been getting whispers from gold sellers for about 3 days now.

Archived