Factions are pathetic (Jiwan)

Relkhis

Currently on Jiwan server, at the Talus pvp area on channel 4 we have a group of blues farming red base, and on channel 5 we have a group of reds farming blue base. Can we please remove these extra channels here? its completely destroying the idea of factions and world pvp and turning it into a npc farm fest. I try to get people to come help defend our red tent but i just get flamed for it.

I think you're one of the few who actually wants competition over farming the NPCs for the soul shields/dailies. If you remove the extra channels, it would affect the rest of the area too so people doing quests would be fighting over less mobs, which has a pretty slow spawn rate as it is. 

Based on my limited experience with MMOs in general, it feels like most people do NOT want to pvp unless its a guaranteed win (vs lol level, 1 v 1+ etc). I wonder if that's why almost every single MMO player I know avoid the hell out of direct competition games (Street Fighter, BlazBlue etc...) 

Factions were designed for world pvp, the developers shouldn't encourage npc farming by creating so many channels. I've been in many zones leveling where there were only 2 channels, so why would this zone be any different?

23 minutes ago, Relkhis said:

Currently on Jiwan server, at the Talus pvp area on channel 4 we have a group of blues farming red base, and on channel 5 we have a group of reds farming blue base. Can we please remove these extra channels here? its completely destroying the idea of factions and world pvp and turning it into a npc farm fest. I try to get people to come help defend our red tent but i just get flamed for it.

We only have 2 channels for PvP on Iksanun. lol

explain me

what is the problem it that? there are so at least 5 channel in that zone. maybe those players dont care about open unbalanced pvp and prefer to do quests.

actually i admire the way those 2 groups organized to do pve quest in pvp zone.

so you can play in you channel 1-4 and let them do their business.

This is what happens when you try to force pvers to pvp for their pve progression. :T

I wish factions were inherently fun, I really do, but I find no fun in stopping others from progressing just as I take no joy in having my progression stopped for no reason.  If it was a fun side thing maybe even with its own isolated progression like gw2's wvw,, then I'd be all over that, but as it stands, I'm going to continue to try to pve for my pve.

fleet is a pve zone.

but costumes make you take part to the faction war.

hence

- take away the faction costume and pve.

- do fast your faction quest so you avoid the pvp

- team up with faction players and play safer

- avoid faction quests.

idk about yall but if Im trying to farm for an outfit or the bopae, er soul shield pieces, Id rather not be interrupted by someone trying to kill me.  I think thats why we have so many channels in Misty Woods. Usually the community agrees on certain channels for farming and others for pvp, at least thats how it was on CN.  

First of all, I have a low-end laptop (I couldn't bring my desktop overseas when I came to study, and creating a new one is just too pricey for me)

It takes ages for things to load, and even then the game crashes itself a lot. 

Hence, my best alternative is to actually avoid all that and farm npcs. SOLVED.

IIRC its 20 coins per soul shield piece and 100 for the outfit.  If you deal enough dps to both bosses you can get 4 coins every time they spawn.  At this point no one probably cares about the challenge they just want to get their coins so they can get what they want.  I enjoy the open world pvp but farming those bosses takes long enough as it is depending on how big of a group youre farming them with.  Although I guess the problem youre having with the situation could be easily remedied if they made it so 1-2 coins drop from players you kill. Like the boss drop thats instanced to players because the last thing the situation needs is people bidding on the coins xD

I wish the pvp areas ( outposts and mob areas that you need to create/buy items) would automatically flag the players in the area. That way players are forced to group together to achieve  an objective. I mean what's the point of putting factions if you can just completely avoid that part of the game? Or even when you attack the opposing sides NPC that it would flag you as a viable target. That way people who are not wanting to pvp can be in the area and are in no danger of being killed. 

And the case for the channels, the  pvp areas should be in just 1 channel for the server. That way there's confrontation between the two factions. If there's a possibility to just avoid the opposing faction completely then there's no point to having wpvp in this game. Go ahead and fight one another!! It's fun!!

Archived