TERA online VS Blade and Soul

sAngels

1 minute ago, Zaker said:

You're kidding me right? I can kill an enemy here on BnS in 1~3 seconds. On tera 4~7

The time it takes to kill a mob hardly has anything to do with the pace of combat.  

IMO, the speed is about equal between the two, but I really like BNS' combo chaining.  On the other hand, the combat in Tera is still truly free-style.  If an attack doesn't hit the hitbox, it doesn't land.  That's only true on BNS to a much smaller degree.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, iPityDaFu said:

The time it takes to kill a mob hardly has anything to do with the pace of combat.  

IMO, the speed is about equal between the two, but I really like BNS' combo chaining.  On the other hand, the combat in Tera is still truly free-style.  If an attack doesn't hit the hitbox, it doesn't land.  That's only true on BNS to a much smaller degree.

I agree with you. Not only that, if your sword hit more then one enemy it actually did damage to multiple enemies

4 minutes ago, iPityDaFu said:

+1 +1.  That's what I hated about Tera the most near the end.  Reaper - race locked Elin.  Gunner - Female locked.  Now Brawler - Female locked.  I know they couldn't do animations for every class but they should have to least given an extra option or 2 along the way.

mhm .. this was very annoying.

I'm a girl and to me it feels like TERA is overly objectifying females.  I mean, I know it happens a lot in video games but TERA is over doing it.

3 minutes ago, iPityDaFu said:

Ya, Black Desert is what I'm really waiting for.  Just doing BNS in the meantime.

Black Desert online require really high computer spec, if you want to play in full otpion you gotta need i7, 8GB Ram, GTX970

b&S have the capability to be both better in pvp and pve. Problem is the community on the pvp side. After playing a few mmos, I finally understood that once I got here.

Open world pvp looks so impressive especially when you get to the open pvp after the desert. I was amazed at how the maps and npc placement were set up. My jaws dropped. In my mind I was like "wow, this is going to be fun." But it won't be fun without teamplay or if its one sided. For this game to be successful, the game needs to stay active. Right now, there are not a lot of lvl 45's so it was rather empty. I can't wait till next week where a lot of people will be capped.

The combat is more action based and you can actually do combos on this game. The game requires lots of baiting and reads. I'm impressed rly. I'm still a noob so I only managed to get in like a 12 second long combo.

I came to BnS because I used to love Tera's combat, PVE and classes. Unfortunately the combat in BnS has been lackluster and I do not understand the hype. I play as FM and I am level 21 so maybe I have not seen the great skills as yet to make an intelligent opinion.

2 minutes ago, BabygirlMinx said:

I'm a girl and to me it feels like TERA is overly objectifying females.  I mean, I know it happens a lot in video games but TERA is over doing it.

Actaully sexualizing female character is trend of most of Korean MMO.

Just now, BabygirlMinx said:

Ya, this mostly came from the amount of guys that play female characters.  I don't understand it myself, but this has been a long beaten dead-horse.  Their F2P model only worked because of the amount of sales they generated on costumes.  Mind you, I buy the occasional cosmetic stuff as well, but the amount of stuff the general population bought was just insane.

1 minute ago, SoonTM said:

Well you're asking on the Blade & Soul's own forums, so, most people are obviously going to say their own game is better when you ask that question.

not rly. This is a question for people who played tera as Bns just came out in NA

3 minutes ago, sAngels said:

Black Desert online require really high computer spec, if you want to play in full otpion you gotta need i7, 8GB Ram, GTX970

Hopefully it's optimized better than Tera, but if not, I've get plenty of power regardless.

Just now, Rancub said:

I came to BnS because I used to love Tera's combat, PVE and classes. Unfortunately the combat in BnS has been lackluster and I do not understand the hype. I play as FM and I am level 21 so maybe I have not seen the great skills as yet to make an intelligent opinion.

It's a solid "okay" right now.  I agree with people that said it would have been better if it wasn't delayed for so long, but it's alright.  Nothing to shout about though.

My ultimate vote of confidence will come from how fun the endgame is.

Tera wins in:
-Open world combat (both the zones made for it, and the world in general, lumbertown bridge or Naga spawns always had good fights)
-GvG's The early days of Tera GvG are the best I've seen in a game. Forcing a guild into the field for nexus meant you had epic 50v50 battles or larger.
-Boss mechanics: These could be complex and require assignment of tasks to certain players. BnS doesn't relgiously subscribe to the "holy trinity" and thus the mechanics of bosses are simpler by default so that all loadouts can handle them without coordination.  
-Loading screens, they don't exist in tera the same way.
-Battlegrounds 10v10 or 20v20, even if a bit stale, dont even exisit in BnS as of yet.

BnS wins in:
-Crafting, the "Send people out" is a much higher quality of life then say farming ore for hours. 
-Combat, it's smother, better animated, the pets of pet classes are actual relevant. 
-Small scale pvp, The balance of the classes makes this experience better. 
-In-game Transportation, The addition of dragon pulse is WAY cooler then watching a pegasus fly though a wormhole.
-Gliding and runing feel more fun the mount riding,

Neither win in:
Lore, both stories don't really introduce characters or backstory enough to have a sense of epicness. GW2's living story or WoW's pedigree make them much better for lorefanatics,
Leveling: Tera has a slight edge in this as it slightly mixes it up with a few memerable quests (sneak here undetected, kill a Bam) but both are about 95% go kill X and talk to npc Y for most of the grind. Both hide this with tidbits of cut scenes but neither mask the kill/collect grind that they make up.  Games like Archeage or Wow that give you multiple paths to leveling, from doing whacky quests (wow) to building a trade route empire (AA) you don't feel like your stuck looking at a quest log of: 0/10 mob A 2/10 Mob B 0/10 Mob Drop C.

That's my review, it's personal so if you disagree thats cool.

3 minutes ago, iPityDaFu said:

Hopefully it's optimized better than Tera, but if not, I've get plenty of power regardless.

nah definitely not, I can play TERA in high setting, and low,mid setting in BNS, but I can't play Black desert even in the lowest setting because of lags.

7 minutes ago, Kostic said:

Lore, both stories don't really introduce characters or backstory enough to have a sense of epicness. GW2's living story or WoW's pedigree make them much better for lorefanatics,

I can't speak for BNS, but I doubt its lore could be worse than Tera's.  They're so grab-happy for money these days that people are riding around in cop cars while dressed up as ducks and teddy bears.  Hardly fits into the lore lmao.

Just now, iPityDaFu said:

I can't speak for BNS, but I doubt it's lore could be worse than Tera's.  They're so grab-happy for money these days that people are riding around in cop cars while dressed up as ducks and teddy bears.  Hardly fits into the lore lmao.

I was largly referring to content that exists to explore the daily life, region and history of the world, but I could see how we could include apparel and transportation as lore.

In BnS the cash shop already sells tedybear suits for the small cat race (similar to the ones in tera) Christmas costumes and the like. Both probably are not going to try to adhere to what would "Fit" in with the world because neither game really worked very had to flesh out an interesting or full one. 

Tera has a lot better combat system and is generally more challenging; BnS (or at least our version) is so damn easy! Also Tera classes may be cliched, but thanks to that there is a lot less chaos on the battlefield since everyone has it's own role.
Unfortunately Tera has terrible endgame and - what's worse - was ruined by Gameforge (although I heard Enmasse made payment system a lot more fair). Still BnS has imho better visuals (however Elin > Lyns).

28 minutes ago, LieuFeng said:

both games oversexualize female characters extremely, so i take points off for that.

It's a game not real life comparing the 2 is idiotic. If you want go there you have females in real life who choose to sexualize themselves don't even try to pull that card. You cansimply make your character that way it's pleasing to you and avoid the sexualised costume problem solved.

On topic for me it was blade and soul tera's community si toxic and full of attention whores but BnS faction is just like it guess they it's pretty obvious  a lot of them came from there so it's no coincidence it turned exactly like it.

Tera's combat is complete garbage. I can't believe people actually like it. It's your basic run of the mill mmorpg style system that's been done a million times over. BnS combat is smooth, intuitive, and unique. It's like a fighting game had a baby with an mmorpg.

Archived