Oceanic players unite!

Garrick

Guys, on one of the latest streams they said they are focusing on NA first and MAYBE somewhere down the line they will look into it. But do keep up the work with the petition as I'm sure that's one of the incentive for them to actually make an oceanic server.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Garrick said:

Damn look at that petition. Getting a good couple of hundred signatures each day. We might be getting somewhere.

We need to think about that the majority of the Australian/OCE gamers wouldn't even come here to the forums or know about this petition.

How can we get it more publicity?

On 1/23/2016 at 9:14 PM, Taemek said:

So let me start this off.

That petition has almost 9000 petitions and the game hasn't even been marketed here in any way shape or form nor has it been marketed in any of the surrounding SEA countries.

If you marketed it here and got the word out somehow, that petition would easily hit 50k+ petitions.

This whole attitude, lets wait and see if the game is going to be successful, needs to go, because for the game to be successful here in the OCE demographic portion of the world, it needs to be marketed here otherwise, its just more smoke and mirrors bs.

Again, its 2016, there is simply no excuse to not have an Oceanic server, at least one.

yup ive even mentioned this in other forums, marketing manager where ? lel

On 1/23/2016 at 9:59 PM, Vurqol said:

Singapore servers actually aren't that expensive either. Oceanic servers that are located in Sydney are a pain, due to how much they cost..

I think if you're in Australia, you get roughly 100 ping connecting to Singapore

its less, from perth to singapore we get 60 - 80 ms.....a shyte tonne better than 240 to the US

On 1/23/2016 at 10:15 PM, Valerius77 said:

Please sign the petition on that's been linked on the first page.  Though, NC should be able to tell where people are logging in from and judge the number of players to make an informed decision.

240 - 320 ping is normal for AU connecting to Dallas, however, I'm constantly finding it difficult to dodge on my KFM, have to go QQ (EE) instead of just Q (or E) in PvE. Don't think PvP will be doable.

HAHA more like QQQQQ EEEEEE.... i have to do this on nearly all my skills, and thats just because of the 240 latency from perth using a ping booster...280 if i dont use one

20 hours ago, RickayRicky said:

Guys, on one of the latest streams they said they are focusing on NA first and MAYBE somewhere down the line they will look into it. But do keep up the work with the petition as I'm sure that's one of the incentive for them to actually make an oceanic server.

yeah the point is it SHOULDNT be a MAYBE.... it should be a definate, why bring it here from Korea if we cant even play the game as intended...

though there is one other point... they cant even handle the bots, they would have a hell of a time getting a server up for us lol

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

its less, from perth to singapore we get 60 - 80 ms.....a shyte tonne better than 240 to the US

People from the East coast Australia can be hindered by servers located in SG or PNG because it doesn't route too well based on your ISP, it could go out to West Coast US and then back through to them which means worse pings or it could pipe out across the gap.

West Coast Australia routes directly across the gap, so we get good pings to SG, usually.

Yet another Australian posting support and bumping the thread.

-Allow the use of VPN technology

-Open and support an Australian/SEA server to cater to your customers in the region

-Discontinue your discrimination of the Australian people due to their geographical location.

I would subscribe and pay for premium if I had latency that made your game playable, so I will remain f2p in the foreseeable future

48 minutes ago, Punzaye said:

Yet another Australian posting support and bumping the thread.

-Allow the use of VPN technology

-Open and support an Australian/SEA server to cater to your customers in the region

-Discontinue your discrimination of the Australian people due to their geographical location.

I would subscribe and pay for premium if I had latency that made your game playable, so I will remain f2p in the foreseeable future

well said!

Playing from Thailand on EU servers (but the IPs I connect to are all located in Texas)

Would also subscribe if the game was playable but it's just constant torture even in PvE...

/rant on

The closer you look the worst it gets:

- Lags

- Sprint through doors and get stopped by polygons

- Where is the windowed border-less mode?

- BL limited to 50 players

- Overly simplified Forum (no feedback section, where the devs can discuss with players? and the most ridiculous category of all "player to player support" aka figure it out by yourselves) save $$$

- EU players connecting through NA servers (hello ping)

- AH / Characters infos hosted in NA for EU players? save $$$

- We allow VPNs on Wildstar / Aion / Lineage but not for BnS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/rant off

And that's just what goes through my mind right now, there are plenty more!

The game released more than 4 years ago so the line "it just got out man" doesn't stand a chance :) they had plenty of experience to improve the game (can't sprint through doors? uhuh... almost 5 years). If I didn't care I wouldn't even comment but you guys made, in my opinion, something unique regarding the combat system. It's awesome in theory but practically? not so much, it's the opposite. You want to make money? You gonna have to spend some first and stop treating people differently for the sake of costs.

Will sign the petition.

On 26/01/2016 at 7:50 PM, Taemek said:

We need to think about that the majority of the Australian/OCE gamers wouldn't even come here to the forums or know about this petition.

How can we get it more publicity?

Honestly, I don't know. I'm sure there are other B&S forums however the petition has already been posted on most of them by the guy who made it, plus if you google "Blade & Soul Oceanic" you get the petition instantly. Issue is that some people would hesitate to sign it because it asks for a lot of personal info.
I think we just need to keep this thread active and wait for more Oceanic players to borderline ragequit and come to these forums because of how unplayable this game is for us.

The petition is almost at 10,000 signatures and it's going up each day by a few hundred so I don't think NCSOFT will brush us off.

For now I can't even be bothered playing the game. I reached level 45 and all the endgame content just isn't even remotely fun when combined with the frustration of severe lag.

FWIW the routing from NZ is substantially better to an Australian based server than to SG or any other SEA location.  We get ~50ms to Sydney but our routing gives us worse ping to SEA than to the US. 

All of the above lol. 

It's an amazing game, i would love to invest time and money into it, but the way things are now I'll be paying WTFast instead of a subscription to BnS, just to manage to play at a ping that doesn't make me wanna lose my mind. 

And then i run the risk of being picked up in a blanket ban just because i wanted to enjoy the game. 

I can't see any sense in what they're doing, 'we'll wait and see if theres a player base'? 

There wont ever be a decent playerbase in oceania without servers in this part of the world. 

Most of the people i've told to play this game have flat out refused because of the ping. 

I don't know what they call it, but its not good business when i have to pay someone else to play this game.

I love playing this game as it is from SEA, but it's very disheartening to know, with such high ping, that you're nowhere close to playing at peak potential. It's something that I simply cannot get over and is by far the biggest factor in why I am totally hesitant about spending even a dollar on this game. Hope for an Oceanic server soon.

I live in Australia, you now that country just bellow China. Well we also like to play games in out spare time or during our uni breaks, and we would greatly appreciate at lease 3 Oceanic servers for our region. I would be happy to wait in 1 hour+ login queues if it meant that i didn't have to play with 250-300 ping. I still haven't even bothered with pvp because half the time i cant even pull of a full combo on a mob due to the latency. Blade & Soul was tweaked for the western audience because some of the aspects of the game where considered un-fun 'We have spent a lot of time ensuring that we bring the best version of Blade & Soul to the West' why wants Oceanic servers on the list? Now on the topic of Esports how do you guys think that's going to go if a whole country can't even compete in pvp. I would highly recommend you guys having a look over at league of legends and the games popularity as a Esport. I want to be able to enter pvp and lose then say GG instead of get salty because i was sitting at a 250-300 ping disadvantage. 

links:

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-is-coming-to-the-west/

http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Servers

I would really like to see Australian servers. There's plenty of passionate Australian players already. I play games that drive me to play better than I did yesterday in a competitive sense to be the best. While I really love Blade and Soul as an MMO, the latency is killing it, and if we don't get the 1 Oceanic server tens of thousands of players from this side of the world won't be able to play end game.

+1 and then some for Oceanic servers.

as for the whole sign the petition thing. im sure most people see the fact that they have to create and account on some BS website that will no doubt spam their email account with even more trash, and just move on without signing (im one of these people)

while the intent is good the implementation is poor.

Archived