Oceanic players unite!

Garrick

I'm Australian and I play a force master, I'm finding that the lag caused by the game's server distance has a huge impact on my ability to cast spells in the correct order, or even at all. Sometimes I need to mash a key for up to a few seconds before it casts, and there's always a good second delay between my spells even if the next one isn't impacted by a global cooldown.

Obviously this means that my DPS in general is pretty below average, and I have little hope of being competitive in PvP unless my opponent is unlucky enough to have as much lag as I do. It also explains why I'm having so much difficulty when it comes to avoiding enemy attacks, such as when a boss drops an AoE attack and I'm hit from 3 metres away of the max radius because I was standing there a second before it dropped.

After spending about half an hour watching videos of people playing my class I've noticed that my attack speed is probably half of what theirs is. Which means I'm at a huge disadvantage in all situations not because of any lack of skill, but because the game doesn't really support Australian players as of now.

Is there any chance us Aus/NZ/Southeast Asia players can please get an Oceanic server so we actually have a chance of being good at the game? Obviously I'm not asking for 5 new servers or anything crazy like that, I'm sure 1 would be enough considering we'd be making up a small fraction of the playerbase.
For the record, as I write this I have a speedtest ping of 22ms and my pingtest to Dallas, Texas is 227ms. My net is stable and my game runs at 60fps.

Not my petition, but sign this if you support the idea of Oceanic servers. 

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/958/585/460/show-ncsoft-that-there-is-a-demand-for-an-oceanic-sea-server-for-blade-soul/

This thread consists of multiple threads on the same topic merged together by a forum mod, the basic idea is that we want Oceanic servers so players from Australia, New Zealand and Southeast Asia can not only play, but also enjoy Blade & Soul.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Watch how the Americans will come in here and try and tell you its not feasible yet companies have been opening up servers here for the past 7 years or so now, some with success, some not so successful.

NCsoft need to follow Blizzard and SoE's example and open up servers here, there is plenty of data base houses now that would be willing to take on the work and are more then reasonable on pricing.

An oceanic server doesn't have to just attract Australian players either, if you look at the SEA population which is hundreds of millions, a large majority of them speak English as a second language, so the game can easily be marketed there with no language localization being required.

Its 2016, there is simply no excuse anymore to not have OCE servers housed in the OCE demographic part of the world.

2 minutes ago, jomoroon said:

One can hope that there will be on implemented. There is an ongoing petition for this very request, not sure if it will garner any response though. 

Do you have a link to the petition? I'd like to sign it.

Hey fellow SEA players,

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would aboslutely love a decent connection to be able to PvP on the higher micro classes but for the devs to implement a server for us they need to see we have a strong amount of numbers. 
So if you're from SEA and would like a server or two so we can play the game the way it should be then pop a comment to say where you live :)

I myself am from Australia.

26 minutes ago, Garrick said:

I'm Australian and I play a force master, I'm finding that the lag caused by the game's server distance has a huge impact on my ability to cast spells in the correct order, or even at all. Sometimes I need to mash a key for up to a few seconds before it casts, and there's always a good second delay between my spells even if the next one isn't impacted by a global cooldown.

Obviously this means that my DPS in general is pretty below average, and I have little hope of being competitive in PvP unless my opponent is unlucky enough to have as much lag as I do. It also explains why I'm having so much difficulty when it comes to avoiding enemy attacks, such as when a boss drops an AoE attack and I'm hit from 3 metres away of the max radius because I was standing there a second before it dropped.

After spending about half an hour watching videos of people playing my class I've noticed that my attack speed is probably half of what theirs is. Which means I'm at a huge disadvantage in all situations not because of any lack of skill, but because the game doesn't really support Australian players as of now.

Is there any chance us Aus/NZ players can please get an Oceanic server so we actually have a chance of being good at the game? Obviously I'm not asking for 5 new servers or anything crazy like that, I'm sure 1 would be enough considering we'd be making up a small fraction of the playerbase.
For the record, as I write this I have a speedtest ping of 22ms and my pingtest to Dallas, Texas is 227ms. My net is stable and my game runs at 60fps.

Having even 1 OCE ENG server would be fantastic, Americans have it so lucky.
I mean, I PVP a LOT... to even survive I have to be the first person instigating anything. If someone gets a jump on me: GL landing my familiar stuns and CC abilities on my Summoner with standard MS.

3 minutes ago, Garrick said:

Just found this shortly after looking at that petition.

This actually makes me pretty sad.

look at that shit that takes almost 1.8x the same amount of time... there's no way to uphold a combo with decent transition at all

I agree to this.

I'm a player playing from Singapore and having to play on NA servers which gives me an average of 220ms is exactly what I experienced in that video. I do still somehow enjoy the game but definitely if a server is located in AUS/NZ/SEA , that would definitely be awesome because like what some said, the SEA/OCE population is big.

13 minutes ago, RMJI said:

So let me start this off.

That petition has almost 9000 petitions and the game hasn't even been marketed here in any way shape or form nor has it been marketed in any of the surrounding SEA countries.

If you marketed it here and got the word out somehow, that petition would easily hit 50k+ petitions.

This whole attitude, lets wait and see if the game is going to be successful, needs to go, because for the game to be successful here in the OCE demographic portion of the world, it needs to be marketed here otherwise, its just more smoke and mirrors bs.

Again, its 2016, there is simply no excuse to not have an Oceanic server, at least one.

o/

yeah the hilariously high ping is hard in this game, changed my plan from a kung fu master to a destroyer because of it

will eagerly wait for a SEA/Oceanic server (which is very unlikely sadly)

7 minutes ago, Taemek said:

So let me start this off.

That petition has almost 9000 petitions and the game hasn't even been marketed here in any way shape or form nor has it been marketed in any of the surrounding SEA countries.

If you marketed it here and got the word out somehow, that petition would easily hit 50k+ petitions.

This whole attitude, lets wait and see if the game is going to be successful, needs to go, because for the game to be successful here in the OCE demographic portion of the world, it needs to be marketed here otherwise, its just more smoke and mirrors bs.

Again, its 2016, there is simply no excuse to not have an Oceanic server, at least one.

Imagine if everyone who'd benefit from Oceanic servers found this petition and signed it.

Archived