Oceanic players unite!

Garrick

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(Playing from Indonesia) As I have played in the TW server for awhile, of course lower ping server is highly preferable. However as what happened with several regional variations of the game adaptation, I could not stress further of the importance of having a good publisher, which I hope NCsoft would handle it themselves instead of giving it's right to third party. Had to say that SEA region publishers is the epitome of P2W and greed. I know there's some outrage on the topic of NA BnS regarding some alteration, but trust me, if a SEA server is held by third party it would be no less disaster than what happened to CN.

To be honest, if this game got an AUS/Oceanic server/s it would be successful, so many people including myself would not believe it if they heard a game like this was being hosted nearby.

ALOT of people are immediately turned off the idea of playing a game that which PVP/PVE even requires quick reaction time, and knowing the game doesn't have nearby servers to allow that to happen, resulting in a bad experience.

I know the current number of Australian/Oceanic players/fans would increase because players like this would see and realize that there is finally a good game that we have a chance in.

I have a dream, we all have a dream that one day more games will be playable from Australia/Oceanic region

48 minutes ago, HugeLolcat said:

They should just host servers on AWS, spawning new servers globally would be a piece of cake (and reasonably cheap). WTFast works a bit for me, taking off about 100ms of latency (from ~300 to ~200). It makes a world of difference from general playability, but PVP will always be at a disadvantage.

I've heard that players have been banned by using WTFast. So I mean... That's your choice for the risk. As for AWS, they'd take a good portion of profit due to it being Amazon..
This is NCSoft here. They'll try to make as much profit as possible, Why would they use AWS when they could just ignore us while we still pay the exact same on NA and save money on not buying an SEA/OCE server.

From Malaysia and I'd have to say no support.

Most of my gaming friends are from other countries so it would suck not being able to play with them as once there are SEA servers, we'll be restricted from other servers.

Then again I only PvE and majority rules so...

1 hour ago, Milva said:

Playing blade and soul from Malaysia and I'm in Dokumo in EU ^-^ anyone else on the same server as me? I'm feeling kinda lonely because most of the people in EU aren't speaking English t^T

Dokumo is one of the french server in EU which is why people aren't speaking english. I would recommend to change server if you want more english speaking people :)

8 minutes ago, MitsuHime said:

From Malaysia and I'd have to say no support.

Most of my gaming friends are from other countries so it would suck not being able to play with them as once there are SEA servers, we'll be restricted from other servers.

Then again I only PvE and majority rules so...

What server are you in? Have you check the clan recruitment section? I'm pretty you can find at least 1 ~ 2 SEA/OCE clan in most of the NA server.

If you're playing in Poharan, you can try Kamikaze or Unicorn

23 minutes ago, Vurqol said:

I've heard that players have been banned by using WTFast. So I mean... That's your choice for the risk. As for AWS, they'd take a good portion of profit due to it being Amazon..
This is NCSoft here. They'll try to make as much profit as possible, Why would they use AWS when they could just ignore us while we still pay the exact same on NA and save money on not buying an SEA/OCE server.

Don't see why they would bother mucking around with WTFast. All it does is fix the routing so the traffic is more direct from your PC to the server. It may trip the game guard they have running. A quick search confirms this:

As for AWS, it is a much cheaper hosting option in most circumstances rather than running your own data center. Anyways I don't work for Amazon so I'm not here trying to promote it, but we migrated most of our systems across at work because it was significantly cheaper to run. It makes spinning up a new server in a different global region literally a few mouse clicks, rather than having to negotiate a local data center distributor/host to run your servers halfway across the world where you don't have any staff.

13 minutes ago, HugeLolcat said:

Don't see why they would bother mucking around with WTFast. All it does is fix the routing so the traffic is more direct from your PC to the server. It may trip the game guard they have running. A quick search confirms this:

As for AWS, it is a much cheaper hosting option in most circumstances rather than running your own data center. Anyways I don't work for Amazon so I'm not here trying to promote it, but we migrated most of our systems across at work because it was significantly cheaper to run. It makes spinning up a new server in a different global region literally a few mouse clicks, rather than having to negotiate a local data center distributor/host to run your servers halfway across the world where you don't have any staff.

As I said, people have been banned for it.. As it states, you can get unbanned for it.. But you'd have to wait to get yourself unbanned taking even longer than the current time wasted on latency.

I don't know much about Amazon/AWS, so I apologize for my mistake. Just curious, what's the bandwith like with AWS? Due to the fact of how thousands of people connecting to the server at once, not to mention it saving every little bit of Data, Most of your systems at work? Hmm, I'm curious what type of systems, because I know Amazon itself can handle the bandwith, but how generous do you think they'll be with an entire game server relating to bandwith and speeds? It would nearly be like Amazon was running the server/game itself in this region. That's my opinion on it, take it with a grain of salt :P

48 minutes ago, SoupSoup said:

Dokumo is one of the french server in EU which is why people aren't speaking english. I would recommend to change server if you want more english speaking people :)

Owh!! I didn't know that, will definitely change server then =) thanks for the information 

Archived