Who does maintenance in the middle of the day?

YuckyTuna

1 minute ago, Rtype said:

You DO realize that a LOT more people have yet to try this game and will be flooding in to create characters and join servers over the next few months, RIGHT?

Not really. You just have to check the active player base for every MMO to see that, especially the f2p ones.

Generally the top player count is around launch day or the few following days and starts dropping off as the weeks go by and then spikes again when major content patches are released.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Genjutsu said:

F...k the America's its always the same with everything in this world..

I love America only not the way that they think that there fkin god on this planet. It will bite you

Please do Maintaince in the American Prime Hours see how they feel about it....

We would just do something else, like go see a movie or go out with friends. You know those things normal people do when their game goes down for maint. not whine and moan and blame yet another problem on the American "god". Who cares go take some Zanex and get over yourself. 

I used to play FFXIV, you have to buy the game and pay a subscription. It's not as agressive as in this game but they were there aswell. If there's search they will be there, it's a profitable market cause ppl don't want to do anything to get currency. Doubt NCsoft will do anything about that tbh best solution is to block them all, oh boy it made the chat so much smoother xD

1 minute ago, YuckyTuna said:

Not really. You just have to check the active player base for every MMO to see that, especially the f2p ones.

Generally the top player count is around launch day or the few following days and starts dropping off as the weeks go by and then spikes again when major content patches are released.

You're completely wrong.

This game's player population will grow significantly over the next few months - especially when everyone wanting to try Black Desert realizes that Blade&Soul is much better in every aspect.

39 minutes ago, YuckyTuna said:

I don't have an issue with the queues because I don't wait till prime time to log in, which everyone will be forced to do today. And I don't really see how more servers will help anyone, considering no one will abandon their character to switch servers at this point.

And to top it all off, my point still stands. Why not do this early in the morning instead of in the middle of the day?

Some of us work for a living.  The only time we can log in is prime time.

Just now, Sevalaricgirl said:

Some of us work for a living.  The only time we can log in is prime time.

The servers are expected to be down for less than 4 hours.

If you're putting in less than 4 hours a day on an mmorpg you can afford to put up with some downtime while they install new servers.

3 minutes ago, Rtype said:

You're completely wrong.

This game's player population will grow significantly over the next few months - especially when everyone wanting to try Black Desert realizes that Blade&Soul is much better in every aspect.

In that case it would go against the trend of every other F2P MMO that always had the most players during the first week. 

Just now, YuckyTuna said:

In that case it would go against the trend of every other F2P MMO that always had the most players during the first week. 

There hasn't even been a F2P MMORPG released in the past 2 years that's worth playing.

54 minutes ago, YuckyTuna said:

And for 3.5h on top of that. Have you guys never heard of proper maintenance schedules for MMOs? 

This should be done at 4-8AM not noon to prime time, ensuring 30+ min queues even for premium members. 

I think you already know the answer to this question but i'll answer it anyways .

NCSOFT does .

11 minutes ago, SaKirito said:

We would just do something else, like go see a movie or go out with friends. You know those things normal people do when their game goes down for maint. not whine and moan and blame yet another problem on the American "god". Who cares go take some Zanex and get over yourself. 

Dude im at freakin work but that still does not change the FACT about doing EU maintance on US times..

I came to post here cause i heard complains from friends that are at home....

4 minutes ago, GoldFingers said:

Bn_SWhat.jpg

when the server is offline for maintenance should return a message server off
when I saw this I thought my problem was with BNS Client

OG4nrvL.png

( Check their Twitter )

Every game company updates their Twitter

12 minutes ago, hattori said:

Lets just all calm down...and blame Canada...mkay?

Agreed.

I don't blame NCSoft for long que times or anything else, hell i appreciate them for releasing this game on west servers <3 They are working for more stable server i understand that. I'm sure they'll figure something out for maintanence times in the future

1 minute ago, YuckyTuna said:

Archeage was worth playing, but then Trion dun fukt it up. 

Yeah, leaving your F2P account character there to hit the training dummy so that you gain more points for being online and to avoid the auto-afk boot was totally worth.... (not)

Archeage had a lot of core mechanic problems IMO, + it was boring and unbalanced.

You guys should also take in mind that during this time in EU there are people working or at school, so the timing isn't all bad, sure I was a bit disappointed that I could play only ~30 min, but the game was ''officialy'' launced 2 days ago, updates/maintenace is expected to be random, so have a beer and chill, play some other games or something.

Archived