Who does maintenance in the middle of the day?

YuckyTuna

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, YuckyTuna said:

And for 3.5h on top of that. Have you guys never heard of proper maintenance schedules for MMOs? 

This should be done at 4-8AM not noon to prime time, ensuring 30+ min queues even for premium members. 

> Long queues - complains

> More servers - complains

ewww

Just now, Menester said:

ewww

I don't have an issue with the queues because I don't wait till prime time to log in, which everyone will be forced to do today. And I don't really see how more servers will help anyone, considering no one will abandon their character to switch servers at this point.

And to top it all off, my point still stands. Why not do this early in the morning instead of in the middle of the day?

1 minute ago, YuckyTuna said:

I don't have an issue with the queues because I don't wait till prime time to log in, which everyone will be forced to do today. And I don't really see how more servers will help anyone, considering no one will abandon their character to switch servers at this point.

And to top it all off, my point still stands. Why not do this early in the morning instead of in the middle of the day?

There are these things called time zones. They are bringing them down in PST time which is at 4 AM, they can't magically make it 4AM around the world. Every MMO has this happen, just go outside and get a coffee.

3 minutes ago, PreceptorTeeth said:

It's an American focused company, and game. We share certain servers with America at a guess so all have to come down at the same time.

It's a shame that they haven't learned to do zero downtime patching though.

This isn't just a patch, they are adding 4 servers.

3 minutes ago, BakaWolf said:

There are these things called time zones. They are bringing them down in PST time which is at 4 AM, they can't magically make it 4AM around the world. Every MMO has this happen, just go outside and get a coffee.

And that is why every other MMO schedules separate maintenance times for NA and EU.

8 minutes ago, Menester said:

ewww

I have no issues but new servers won't help anyway since most people already progressed on their characters. Others could use that, since they barely logged in at all.

I say...

Blizzard did maintenance better than all other developers..

They did for the Eu servers when we were sleeping or during the morning or night, not in the frigging middle of a day.

The same goes for NA and the other servers.

Its sad that developers just stick to NA times and do maintenance only when its night in NA(which means they are sleeping).

Honestly it would have been better if they just made a different schedule for both NA and EU servers. 

Archived