Lag/lag spikes

Magrock

I am lagging too, it's worst in cross server dungeons, I have 2-3 sec freezes (freezes is maybe wrong word, I move and everything else freezes - typical lag), game is really unplayable. I play fps games nad never had an issue with lagging before..

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GeNK1   ...  Thats the same issue im having, all the monsters, and other players will stop moving while im still jumping around and my FPS is still going Strong , bout 70-80fps, it will do this about every 30 secs and last about 4-5 sec at a time , its not fun playing like this, need some info on how to fix this please,and none of that  services.msc  crap please i dont even have any of the programs that have been listed or anything remotly close on my  services.msc  thing.

My distant to EU is closer with approx. 60 ping lower compare to US region.

I tried 2 EU servers, one is brand new recommended, second is the oldest since opening week. I end up with new server with least population give very little lag and heaviest lag with oldest (most populated) server, just as laggy as in US region servers. This only tells me the amount of players does lag the server, it is the only explanation unless each of the EU servers are placed differently? That can't be right.

5 hours ago, KryssNova said:

Hey, folks.

Same deal here, getting 100% packet loss on the last hop.

https://gyazo.com/dd88f6f1f4b74a62cbbd8cd16f52a69f

Like I don't know what's the deal. Isn't that just ICMP blocking from NCsoft?

or is it actually something on my side? That 101ms was one time only usually it sits with the rest at under 40ms.

We all have same problem with the last hop (Which is the server sadly)

That why I keep repeat that there something wrong with EU Server making it gave us 100% packet lost like that

I'm having the same problem EU servers any hour of the day since launch day, 300mb fiber optic and it's impossible to play without lag spike on cross-server or open world, the only solution I found is play through VPN so I'm 99% sure that it's a routing problem, will ncsoft ever pronunce and find a solution about this or people like us should just quit the game?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, AbsurdPanda said:

For me it usually lags at night around 7pm-2am (CST). It probably has to do with their servers.

The normal servers that we walk around in are different than cross server dungeons (hence the name cross server dungeon just a guess though).

I do have same problem, At the night the last 3 nodes before the game server is hell lagging and is all around 200ms happen at same time at night

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2016 at 9:23 PM, SirDuk said:

how in the hell? ive tried but i found nothing by those names given in the thing did you find any?

same here, the ones who are not using ASUS computers wont find that file.. We are at Singapore, we got very bad lag issue, all around the country.. all my friends who play this game got the same problem, combat lag.. start the game seems running well till you are in battle mode then you will throw your mouse away cause of this annoying lag !!

Pls fix the problem, I noticed this issue happened after the last update, after that improvement UP TO LVL 50 released, when it was released I noticed a little lag & spikes but not as this annoying as today.. but it keeps getting worst day by day till last night the game was unplayable.. that lag spreading into all actions, like press 4x W for Dash, F for action must press multiple times, some condition in battle even the enemies keep attacking you while you cant do anything.. the button seems stuck ! yuck !

I stop playing for now, till get good news from friends that the lag issue fixed.. !

Reporting lag on my server Jiwan too. I'll start attacking a mob and it doesnt move, five seconds later Im dead because lag gives the npc monsters the advantage. Game is unplayable until it's fixed.

On 1/19/2016 at 4:10 PM, Zaltek said:

Your link its redirecting to something you ''log in '' where it should not. I'd kindly suggest to ones that clicked it and logged in there to change their pass.

On 6/4/2016 at 10:49 AM, Windy said:

Your link its redirecting to something you ''log in '' where it should not. I'd kindly suggest to ones that clicked it and logged in there to change their pass.

Whaatt I don't remember having put that kind of link in it. It's been a while tho. I don't attend to hack or anything but yeah be sure to be careful. I really have no idea what the *cricket* I just send

On 4/6/2016 at 10:09 AM, Milana said:

Reporting lag on my server Jiwan too. I'll start attacking a mob and it doesnt move, five seconds later Im dead because lag gives the npc monsters the advantage. Game is unplayable until it's fixed.

Same here i tried to submit ticket and they try to find fix for this issue 

Gameguard Reactivate side effects issues

Mcazanovic Tuesday at 14:45

Greetings, 
    after reactivate game guard i had lagging in combat in dungeons and my fps drops from 100 to 26 or 30 and the skills delay for 1 or 1.5 sec in area there are no many players in it and when i fighting bosses it worse ever i tried many thing to solve this issues i reinstall the game i uninstall the antivirus and any unnecessary programs even i reinstall the Windows but nothing fix same issues i can't play even when i use Npcs to buy or sell somthing there is lag 
    please help to fix this small issues or use another anti-cheat root toolkit because i really care about this game many players have same issue . 
    the game guard files within

GM Lucy Tuesday at 21:04
    Hello there,

To start, I would like to get some basic information about your hardware and drivers so we can see how you are running the game. To do this, we use a Windows command called ""DxDiag."" To run Dxdiag:

1. Type the Windows key + ""R"" and type in ""dxdiag"" (without the quotes) in the Run Window.
    2. When the window for ""Dxdiag"" appears, click the button labeled ""Run 64-bit Dxdiag.""
      Note: If you are running Windows 8, you will not see this button and so you can move to the next step.
    3. Once loaded, click the button ""Save All Information."" You will want to save the file to your Desktop.
    Once saved, I would also like to review your running processes with a program called Hi-jack this:

1. Download and run HijackThis from the following link:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/hjt/

1. Click the “Do a system scan and save a logfile” button.
    2. Once the scan is complete, a text logfile will appear in Notepad. Save this file to your Desktop.
    Once completed, please attach both files to your reply.

Regards,

GM Lucy
    NCSOFT Support Team

Mcazanovic Tuesday at 23:54

Thanks for response , 
    i did what exactly what you said , the Dxdiag log and the Hijackthis log with my reply . 
    thanks again and i hope my problem will be fix soon because i missed the game .

Mcazanovic Yesterday at 19:18

Hello, 
    Are there any news about my problem it seems 20h from last reply and no response and i still having same issues after the weekly maintenance if there is any new info you want to collect just tell me because the game now is unplayable for me

Paul Yesterday at 22:23
    Hello there,

We are currently aware of this issue concerning GameGuard, however, we do not have an official fix for it yet. Rest assured that we are doing our best to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

A temporary workaround found by some players is being discussed at the link below:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/49ohuv/game_wont_launch_after_93_update_probably_because/

Please keep in mind this workaround is not an approved NCSOFT workaround and if you choose to use the steps posted in the above link that you do so at your own risk.

We hope that you understand and thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Paul
    NCSOFT Support Team

Mcazanovic Yesterday at 23:17

Thanks for response, 
    that not helped me still have same skill delays and lag and that workaround for crashing and launch game errors ,my issue in Performance after login ,hope you will find an official fix for GameGurad issues , 
    Thnaks

Wency Today at 12:17
    Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Let's start by preventing programs from automatically starting with Windows, then repairing some Winsock entries. To do this:

1. Press and hold the Windows key and then hit the R key. This should bring up the Run dialog box.
    2. Type ""MSCONFIG"" without the quotes, and click ""OK."" This should open the System Configuration Utility.
    3. Click on the ""Services"" tab and check the ""Hide All Microsoft Services"" check box near the bottom, then click the ""Disable All"" button. (You MUST click ""Hide all Microsoft Services"")
    4. Next go to the ""Startup"" tab and click the ""Disable All"" button.
    5. Once these items are all disabled, click the ""OK"" button and you will get a prompt to restart your computer. Please restart your computer.
    Once you return to Windows, use the following instructions to clean up Winsock entries:

1. Click the ""Start"" button to bring up the Start Menu.
    2. Type in CMD into the ""Search programs and files"" field but do not hit enter. Doing this will change your start menu to show the program ""cmd.exe.""
    3. Right-click on ""cmd.exe"" and select ""Run as Administrator.""
    4. Type ""netsh winsock show catalog >C:\LSP.txt"" without the quotes. This will save a file to the root of your C drive called LSP.txt. Please attach that file to this ticket. (We would like this report even if the issue is resolved)
    5. Once complete, type ""netsh winsock reset"" without the quotes. When the command is completed successfully, a confirmation appears, followed by a new command prompt line.
    Once completed, please try running Blade and Soul again by ""right-clicking"" on ""Blade and Soul.exe"" and selecting ""Run as Administrator.""

Should this not resolve the issue for you, could you please provide us with an updated Hijack This report so that we have the most up to date information regarding your system since these changes were made?

Regards,

Wency
    NCSOFT Support Team

Mcazanovic Today at 13:50

Hello, 
    Thanks for your aware about my issue

i tried to do your steps but still have the issue , the files and the info you wanted with my reply 
    thanks again

I get around 20 connection lost with server daily, the service is very bad currently while it was fine for a whole year until recent patches , this is not playable and if it continues I'm afraid I'd just stop playing, cos losing connections that often and having to relog sometimes twice because the game hasn't yet found out that the character is not online anymore, well it's REALLY annoying and this is beyond my love for this game

I have the same issue started 15 days ago the game in unplayable horrible lag and even get worse and worse when I start fight or smashing somthing

I tested on many other online gaming (tera Eu/ Archage/warframe/) I used to play all these games without any problem I dunno whats wrong

my internet speed is

download speed 2Mbps

upload speed 0.43Mbps

tested ping to ncsoft have like 170ms thou

not very good internet but I even used to play online gaming with less speed.

I dunno what to do I'm out of option I even send ticket to the support team but it didn't help as well.

the lag and skills and movement delays it kills me and after 4 days of this problem the tech team came with the best solution :(

Jharen Today at 11:43

Hello.

Please try a repair of the game installation. To do this, start the launcher by double clicking Blade and Soul on your desktop. If you have not set the launcher to stop automatically starting the game, Blade and Soul will automatically open. Go ahead and close the game client once it's loaded and return to the launcher.

1. Click "Settings."
  2. Click "No" for the option "Start game automatically."
  3. Click "Confirm."
Once completed, click "File Repair" and allow the repair process to complete.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional issues, questions or concerns.

Regards,

Jharen
NCSOFT Support Team

and best part this line   Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional issues, questions or concerns. is that mean u cant do anything for my issue i really wonder                       

1 hour ago, Mcazanovic said:

the lag and skills and movement delays it kills me and after 4 days of this problem the tech team came with the best solution :(

Jharen Today at 11:43

Hello.

Please try a repair of the game installation. To do this, start the launcher by double clicking Blade and Soul on your desktop. If you have not set the launcher to stop automatically starting the game, Blade and Soul will automatically open. Go ahead and close the game client once it's loaded and return to the launcher.

1. Click "Settings."
  2. Click "No" for the option "Start game automatically."
  3. Click "Confirm."
Once completed, click "File Repair" and allow the repair process to complete.

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional issues, questions or concerns.

Regards,

Jharen
NCSOFT Support Team

and best part this line   Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any additional issues, questions or concerns. is that mean u cant do anything for my issue i really wonder                       

that exactly the last option they send to me when rest of solutions didn't solve the problem 

I noticed that when I'm in small areas that doesn't have many players or mobs no lag

but when i move to areas that have much mobs and players around fighting or i start combat ping jump very high and start to lag like hell

is this lag from internet or game ????

2 hours ago, ArchonOfWar said:

I noticed that when I'm in small areas that doesn't have many players or mobs no lag

but when i move to areas that have much mobs and players around fighting or i start combat ping jump very high and start to lag like hell

is this lag from internet or game ????

Have you tried using ctrl + f?

This hides other players which can help greatly reducing lagg.

Archived