Costumes not shared :S?

deathleecher

Y eah, one character only, and you can't trade any except the Founder costumes T-T I found that out the hard way...

All you can do with unwanted costumes is salvage them for the materials which, once you have enough, can be transmuted into other costumes from a limited pool (just check the transmutation screen for all the details).

9 minutes ago, Devin said:

Y eah, one character only, but you CAN trade them amongst characters on your account by mailing them.

Uhm, no.  You can't.  (mostly) There are a few exceptions, (the founders pack ones, notably), but most outfits are character bound, not account bound.

2 minutes ago, GnatB said:

Uhm, no.  You can't.  (mostly) There are a few exceptions, (the founders pack ones, notably), but most outfits are character bound, not account bound.

Hmm, well that sucks... I was going off of the costumes I got from the founder's packs, yeah. Was hoping the cash shop ones were the same considering I'd like to transfer costumes to other characters whenever I buy a new one for my existing character...

1 minute ago, Slirith said:

They need to do one of two things..

1. Lower costume prices(who the heck is gonna pay 10+ dollars on a costume)

2. Make them account bound

Uhm, I'd probably be willing to pay 10+ on account bound costumes, and I *may* be willing to pay that much on a single character outfit if it's just absolutely perfect for a particular character.  However I'd probably only buy 1, and there's no way in heck I'll buy seasonal outfits at that price.  Just not happening.

3 minutes ago, GnatB said:

Uhm, I'd probably be willing to pay 10+ on account bound costumes, and I *may* be willing to pay that much on a single character outfit if it's just absolutely perfect for a particular character.  However I'd probably only buy 1, and there's no way in heck I'll buy seasonal outfits at that price.  Just not happening.

The seasonal outfits were indeed the ones I wanted to buy and trade around. Glad you stopped me from shooting myself in the foot, thanks :P Or causing anyone else to shoot themselves in the foot -_-

6 minutes ago, Devin said:

The seasonal outfits were indeed the ones I wanted to buy and trade around. Glad you stopped me from shooting myself in the foot, thanks :P Or causing anyone else to shoot themselves in the foot -_-

Heh, during the last CBT weekend, there was a daily "Treasure chest" you could open once per day per character.  You could pick one thing out of the chest.  both the x-mas outfits were in there, as were various x-mas accessories (santa hat, reindeer antlers, rudolph nose, etc.)

*once* the reindeer antlers weren't in it, but there was a 3rd costume I don't remember the name of.  However it was male only.

Anyways, assuming that wasn't just a beta test/thankyou thing, but a standard way to celebrate holidays/give out seasonal outfits, then I'm not horribly upset by the thought of them *also* being in the store at a high price, for those that somehow miss the event/want it early/want extra/whatever.

19 minutes ago, djicode said:

Haha. 'You' American so spoiled. On foreign server 10$ buys costume for 1 week. It's 50$ for a permanent costume and they don't even offer permanent versions of all the costumes.

Or are we to smart to let a company charge us $50 for a digital costume?

1 hour ago, Judopunch said:

Or are we too smart to let a company charge us $50 for a digital costume?

Fixed.

It's really all about what people are willing to pay. I mean who pays over 100$ for beta access and a few perks right???  =)

I do think it's pretty cool you can get most of the costumes in game though. It's not like you really need to spend any money to get some really cool costumes if you invest enough time.

2 hours ago, GnatB said:

I agree that if costumes were account bound then I would be willing to buy them. If I have multiple characters and I buy an outfit then I want to be able to give that outfit to a different character down the road if I decide to buy another.

4 hours ago, GnatB said:

I originally wanted to edit in account bound but forum decided to go NOPE! -.-

16 hours ago, Mctrollin said:

I agree that if costumes were account bound then I would be willing to buy them. If I have multiple characters and I buy an outfit then I want to be able to give that outfit to a different character down the road if I decide to buy another.

Ah, generally speaking I like my characters to have looks that "fit" them.  As such my Assassin will typicallly be in black, force master in robey magic looking things, kungfu in easy to move in Dobok looking things, Destroyer in Barbarian looking stuff, etc.  Not much overlap anyway.

(and, fwiw, other than some seasonal stuff, I'm *really* not a fan of outfits that don't fit the period.  Like the winter coat stuff with jeans and such that are from modern times.  They just clash with the rest of the game.)

34 minutes ago, deathleecher said:

This is just like Wildstar where mount etc are not shared, but the price is so high that it should be account shared. My thought is its NCSOFT who are saying this, because both WS and BnS do the same thing :P

But for some reason this particular game feels like the costumes NEED to be account bound, just based on the games emphasis of them...

I haven't bought any costumes yet, but this does leave me wondering... if you buy one, do they go straight to the character you were on when you bought it, or do they appear in your inbox?

Might be very relevant right now for (for example) those wanting the time limited outfits on a future Warlock. I mean we don't have a release date for that class, but I sure hope it's before next Christmas at least.

9 minutes ago, Highfeather said:

I haven't bought any costumes yet, but this does leave me wondering... if you buy one, do they go straight to the character you were on when you bought it, or do they appear in your inbox?

Might be very relevant right now for (for example) those wanting the time limited outfits on a future Warlock. I mean we don't have a release date for that class, but I sure hope it's before next Christmas at least.

That's also a very good point...

20 hours ago, Gamerchick said:

Thanks for saying that, I was wondering if we could mail the costumes to other characters.

You cannot, unfortunately...

I was going off of the two I received from the Master's Founders Pack, both are bound to account.

The first costume I bought from the NCCoin shop I was very disappointed to see it was "Unable to Trade"... I was planning on wearing it until a particular one I wanted came out and then trading it to another character, but now that plan is up in smoke T-T All you can do with unwanted costumes is Salvage them for their materials which, once you have enough, can be transmuted into another random costume from a selection of costumes.

Archived