Suggestion for better servers, and less frustration!

Plutia

What should've happened when the game launched today, would be that each server should've been given a cap/cut off point when it reached a certain number of users. This would allow the premium members who woke up early, took off work, etc to get in Mushin or whichever server they chose right away.

This would also eliminate the queue even if you signed out because your spot in the cap would be secure and there wouldn't be new users coming into Mushin past the cut off. This would also regulate the flow into other servers since there wouldn't be an option to go into already packed servers.

I think there would be a lot less frustration with getting into mushin if we could change servers in the future for free. I still question why mmo's separate people into different servers... Look at games like runescape, you can go to any server you want with premium servers. Even games like Tera or Final Fantasy XIV has paid server transfers. If we had one of these options, I think it would be less of a headache.

I agree with that, it'd be amazing to just travel through servers for free. I don't see why they don't allow us to do that. But you would assume paid server transfers would always be available! Ugh, hopefully they do that in the future.

Guild Wars 2 is doing (arguably) amazing things. They call it megaserver, but basically when entering a map you just get moved to an existing instance of a map (within any server in the region) and if map turns inactive you're offered to leave to a different instance. It's a bit too much to implement at the early stage of a game, but at the same time.

They COULD just make a single European and one American server and allocate any amount of generic "channels" for people to switch between. Normally I don't mind sticking to 1 server, but they could've easily prevented the queues by limiting the amount of accounts that can create chars on a server or at least warn people on character creation that there is already a huge queue on that server.

Since they didn't do anything of a sort FREE means of switching servers only seem fair.

4 minutes ago, Zero said:

Guild Wars 2 is doing (arguably) amazing things. They call it megaserver, but basically when entering a map you just get moved to an existing instance of a map (within any server in the region) and if map turns inactive you're offered to leave to a different instance. It's a bit too much to implement at the early stage of a game, but at the same time.

They COULD just make a single European and one American server and allocate any amount of generic "channels" for people to switch between. Normally I don't mind sticking to 1 server, but they could've easily prevented the queues by limiting the amount of accounts that can create chars on a server or at least warn people on character creation that there is already a huge queue on that server.

Since they didn't do anything of a sort FREE means of switching servers only seem fair.

It's not too much, they should have already implemented it.

A 1000 player limit in 2016 is pretty laughable.

12 minutes ago, Zero said:

Uhm, Blade and Soul already has different channels within each server just like guild war 2 has.  And to point out, like SWTOR (and unlike GW2), in BnS you can change channel on demand.  You don't have to wait for the channel to be too low pop that it gives you an option to switch.

Just now, GnatB said:

Uhm, Blade and Soul already has different channels within each server just like guild war 2 has.  And to point out, like SWTOR (and unlike GW2), in BnS you can change channel on demand.  You don't have to wait for the channel to be too low pop that it gives you an option to switch.

I think you misunderstood. I meant merging all servers inside 1 region into 1 and adding more channels would be a lazy, but working, solution to the problem. What GW2 does....I don't think it will ever be implemented because of "Don't fix what's not broken" rule . GW2 simply has one of the best set of minor (not directly related to gameplay ) features. While I'd love to see games do it, I don't think many companies are willing to invest as much into minor features of a game.

24 minutes ago, Zero said:

I think you misunderstood. I meant merging all servers inside 1 region into 1 and adding more channels would be a lazy, but working, solution to the problem. What GW2 does....I don't think it will ever be implemented because of "Don't fix what's not broken" rule . GW2 simply has one of the best set of minor (not directly related to gameplay ) features. While I'd love to see games do it, I don't think many companies are willing to invest as much into minor features of a game.

Interesting.  I had assumed the players on different worlds played on different servers, with their own channels, but you're right, after reading up on it some it appears that players on different worlds can still be on the same channel.  Which sort of makes me wonder why you select a world, or why there is an option to transfer.

Server NA:
Mushin: 19639
Poharan: 4211
Jiwan: 4223
Master Hong: 2183
Iksanun: 1670
Hajoon: 1194
Yehara: 1432
Juwol: 666
Soha: 2005
Old Man Cho: 2745
TOTAL: 39968

This was posted by someone else almost 3 hours ago. Hope this helps!

18 minutes ago, GnatB said:

Interesting.  I had assumed the players on different worlds played on different servers, with their own channels, but you're right, after reading up on it some it appears that players on different worlds can still be on the same channel.  Which sort of makes me wonder why you select a world, or why there is an option to transfer.

For wvw and wvw alone.

Archived