Bring back Custom F2 Pictures

Valighetti Veneno

Dear Support Team 

Pls allow us to be creative by designing and applying F2 pics on our profiles. Sometimes we bet bored looking at the BNS themed class specific F2 pics,where there is nothing special about it . Pls bring back F2 pics like the other servers 

In the dynamic realm of Blade and Soul, a unique opportunity emerges for NCwest to elevate player experience and engagement. This essay focuses on the specific context of Blade and Soul, exploring the reasons behind the return of custom F2 pictures. We delve into the advantages of personalization, the infusion of fun and interactivity, the creation of themed profiles, and the empowerment of players to express themselves within the Blade and Soul community.

Personalization: A Gateway to Player Connection in Blade and Soul

Personalization is at the heart of the Blade and Soul experience. Players invest substantial time and effort into crafting their unique virtual identities, reflecting their preferences and playstyle. The reintroduction of custom F2 pictures in Blade and Soul offers a chance for NCwest to deepen the connection between players and their virtual personas.

Allowing players to choose and display personalized images on their Blade and Soul profiles fosters a sense of ownership and identity. This customization transforms the Blade and Soul experience, making it more tailored to individual preferences and enhancing the emotional investment players have in their Blade and Soul avatars.

Fun and Interactivity: Elevating the Blade and Soul Experience

Blade and Soul, as a game, is designed to be enjoyable and entertaining. The reintroduction of custom F2 pictures injects an element of fun and interactivity into the Blade and Soul interface. Instead of relying on standardized avatars, players can now express their creativity through unique and amusing images that resonate with the martial arts fantasy world of Blade and Soul.

This customization not only adds a layer of enjoyment but also promotes interaction within the Blade and Soul community. Players can engage in banter, share jokes, or even create themed groups based on their F2 pictures. The resulting social dynamics contribute to a vibrant and lively Blade and Soul environment, enhancing the overall experience for everyone involved.

Themed Profiles: Aesthetic Cohesion and Community Building in Blade and Soul

Custom F2 pictures in Blade and Soul offer players the opportunity to create themed profiles, adding a layer of aesthetic cohesion to the game's community. Themes could range from favorite martial arts styles and characters to personal interests within the Blade and Soul universe. This not only allows players to showcase their passions but also facilitates the formation of sub-communities within the larger Blade and Soul ecosystem.

Themed profiles contribute to a more visually appealing and organized Blade and Soul environment. Players can identify with like-minded individuals, fostering a sense of community that goes beyond the game itself. Whether it's a group of players united by a shared love for a specific martial arts discipline or those who bond over common interests reflected in their F2 pictures, themed profiles strengthen the social fabric of the Blade and Soul community.

Expressing Yourself: Empowering Players in the Blade and Soul Virtual Realm

The return of custom F2 pictures in Blade and Soul signifies more than visual personalization; it empowers players to express themselves in a virtual martial arts realm. Through carefully chosen images, players can convey their moods, preferences, and individuality, leaving a lasting impression on the virtual world of Blade and Soul.

The ability to express oneself through custom F2 pictures serves as a means of communication within the Blade and Soul community. It transcends language barriers, enabling players from diverse backgrounds to connect on a personal level. This empowerment fosters a sense of inclusivity and diversity, enriching the Blade and Soul experience for all participants.

In conclusion, the reintroduction of custom F2 pictures in Blade and Soul is a step towards creating a more personalized, enjoyable, and interactive experience for players within the martial arts fantasy world. By embracing personalization, infusing fun and interactivity, promoting themed profiles, and empowering players to express themselves, NCwest can elevate the Blade and Soul experience and foster a stronger sense of community within their player base. As Blade and Soul continues to evolve, recognizing the importance of these elements is crucial to meeting the expectations of a diverse and engaged player community.

Lugrius_1.jpg?ex=6584b2d6&is=65723dd6&hm

Edited by CATGIRL GUCCISTAR
  • Like 2

We were all very saddened to see our F2 pictures being removed, it was a way for us players to show off our characters in a creative way wearing our favorite outfits, choosing our favorite poses and backgrounds. Many of us have put in a lot of effort and time into making our pictures unique so it's very upsetting having them taken away. Please bring them back, we would all appreciate it immensely! ❤

@GM Rownen I am sure you are very busy with all your projects and the Bns Neo Classic trailers and Announcements but it would be very appreciated if you talk with us and show us your opinion. Thank You a lot!
We love BnS Classic =^.^= and thanks for all your effort. Now that Green Storm is gone back to Guildwars we have to count on you and we are very interested in a better communication with NC Soft and You.

Merry Christmas GM Rownen

Best regards 

Valighetti Veneno 
yuh.png?ex=6584d212&is=65725d12&hm=1821d

Edited by Valighetti Veneno

Yes! Please bring back F2 pictures. For me it was a nice way to spread some happiness to other players who came across my cute pictures! All of my alts had different pictures 😄

While you're at it, please introduce GIF pictures as well, like they have in Korea region. That would be amazing 🙂

i don't know how to post my picture in forums but i really miss f2 and i was very upset that we don't have it anymore, f2 means a lot to every player because it express ourselves, it tells who opens the profile who truly we are and some posted funny pictures of their characters it lighted up the mood and was even used as a meme it was fun

please give us our fun back ... all games got f2 picture why not us ...

With uncertainty [looking at whom replaced GreenStorm if any eventually made any attempt to fill that role] I shall share my two cents after all. At first I heard it as a rumor "they gon' delete our beloved F2" and to the more extreme "profile cats will die in vain"

image.png?ex=658b73f5&is=6578fef5&hm=541

uncertain if their pfp was actually some more grave news as in the initial post. Further down the rabit hole no patchnotes can be found with this cites, nor any plans to re-add this function any time back into the game [which really did surprise since as stated this is a thing for korea still]. So, I layed dormant expecting some adjustments for only premium users to have this ability.

I couln't have been any more wrong here, and slowly I noticed increased traction regarding our vent of freedom which was a decision for western iterations of Blade and Soul which yet was erased from all patch notes and/or announcements and stuff corresponding to the intial posts in April. Yet the only thing being aware of the removal was another forum announcement roughly a week after the possible remnant of what now is a scrapped part of any patch notes.

On April 13th  @GM Oliey confirmed the removal via forums which reads as follows...

image.png?ex=658b75ef&is=657900ef&hm=19c

clearly stating on April 18th we will loose our pfp, our individuality due to what is going to happen in the corresponding patch happening on April 18th, 2023 which now is more than 2 weeks after the initial issue broke loose. Ever since the announcement for the patch was removed and the actual patch notes never saw our pfp being removed. Yet as stated on forums by NC they been aware of planning to be removing it, which at this point (again) leaves me nothing but puzzled.

Unbenannt-3.png?ex=658b725e&is=6578fd5e&

are now memories of a past only few had the chance to live or at the very least document before the removal. Unlike others I didn't commision for pfp so spending for a beloved feature just to see their "f2 die in vain"... this has just more layers I can imagine

Personal Identification and Sense of Community:
Right at the brink of what was going to befall us in our clan we made preparations yet again to hand out custom pfp with an iconic style to resonate with fellow clannies as well as their own uniqueness. Including some personal tokens to make one(s) character stand out. This would be interchangeable since only their characters appearance and name would differ which again can easily be adjusted and still our community would recognize another just by seeing their pfp.

Creative Expression:

You eventually will bond with your character alot less if there is something missing. Something like the feeling of some pixels belonging to you. Sure once the game finishes all our data will be gone, but lets leave it for the time when we actually need to say a humble farewell to this realm - shall we?

Spending time creating unique pfps is another outlet and can indicate ones playstyle. We can learn way more about a person than their stats and numbers (which again would be another topic but don't work in F2 either. So remove the too?)

Community Engagement Incentive:

Might be less scary of a word than it may sound. As of now we only get to know how lucky a person was upgrading and farming (or able to deceive about it) yet lack to know their determination. People spending even the least time to keep their pfp recent will automatically noted more active and enganged in Blade and Soul. Also group/cuple pictures as seen in the initial post do show some purpose

image.png?ex=657f0920&is=656c9420&hm=6d8

We now would be aware to take 모르 also with us. No need to check the bugged F2 again. And faster recruiting woulg result in this. Especially since clan structure now has become more or less obsolete we could share our buddies way easier when being able to "equip" a unique token.

Brand Loyality and Marketing:

Not much to add to the initial post. Media coverage is as important as ever, especially when the official NC does promise lyn and yun astro but fails to deliver. And as mentioned above: many commisions have been made in this game. Amazing artwork which only sees winners.

Moderation Control: 

Again I mentioned before, but custom pfp for premium only would highly encourage people to get a subscribtion. (though I always could see F10 items allowing pfp alteration) the point however: if people pay, they wont use offensive pfp which was considered in all so many posts as possible explanation - yet to be verified or denied.

With this in mind those who maliciously put offensive pfp can be reported and stripped of their pfp. Some people will be bad apples still, but with the sense of and withing our community those people would face different repercussions which ultimately wouldn't require any more work at your end.

image.png?ex=658b845d&is=65790f5d&hm=d91

With introducion demonsbane ranking we already have a way to see top tier players "live" though it seems bugged to clipped different dyes back to back. Herein however lies a solution I'd say:

We will need a specific rank to use an ingame shot portrait. Said rank would be less like ranking but more of an archivement. Soul Gear would basically enable every character to farm for it OR we have coming Soul Boost with the item to put custom pfp at a considerable late stage so it is difficult and time consuming to unlock this.

Somehow there still is a way to display characters. Why not make it a thing for everyone? I'll take another two steps while I am at it:

• Why not selling borders in F10?
  • Why not having demonsbane rankings take effect in F2?

People are inclined to have aged ever since laying hand on Blade and Soul for their very first time. Now we too are idividuals who mostly preferr the convenience of remote stash amongst other things. We don't ask for the game to change and yet the game changes around us with noone to talk to but ourselves. And standing on common grounds we would like to see the returns of custom pfp. We might not be industry, yet together we might just bring glory and media coverage back to Blade and Soul.

EDIT: Another late night idea would be some similarity to a crop function for screenshots which could be accessed within the game. A full on built in editor might be over the top, but if we could limit ourselfs to only adjust screenshots there would be some common ground to start upon. Until we get the korean files which allow things as we knew them (or now that we had a view on gifs would really fancy ourselves).

image.png?ex=658b87bc&is=657912bc&hm=4a7

Thank you all for your voices for our F2 profil pictures like in Korea.

I know its a lot effort to login Forum and Veryfy and share your thoughts 
without any NC Soft response. 

What else we can do is sending them F2 tickets so they can not close their eyes and ignore their own Playerbase.
We wont give up our creative freedom and individuality. You all did great posts and showed your opinion for F2.

Love vvv Valighetti Veneno

image.png?ex=658f6f27&is=657cfa27&hm=954

image.png?ex=6590bc55&is=657e4755&hm=194

caption.png?ex=6591522c&is=657edd2c&hm=e

• 2 weeks later...

...My poor Katgirl gunner is sexually confused because of all this, as "HER" F2 picture is a guy... At least make it female!!! Why B&S refuses to listen to its customer base is a real mystery... Do they simply not GAC? A pity, and Master Hong would be ashamed... He never cared who or what you were, you were simply his student in the Hongmoon Arts and were welcome in the temple...(and the puppy in the office never cared either, its always excited to see you...)...B&S should follow their example...

...I wish B&S wanted us as much as they want our money...