Make Skystealer fragments and Starcross fragments able to exchange into higher tier

Rockiboul

I doubt they would add this, especially after removing the limits on the crystals today. That would mean you would instantly have an endless supply of starcross and oculus stones....which I doubt they would do.

If you had enough solar energies you could "max" out your accessories instantly within a day. XD

• Like 1

But why would you be able to exchange lower scales tier into the last tier, and not the starcross one into oculus one ?

I honestly we sould be able to exchange with the amount of materials you need, or make a selection chest in heroic dungeons so you can chose what materials you want, maybe that change can have more sense for you and the devs

Edited by Rockiboul

11 minutes ago, Rockiboul said:

But why would you be able to exchange lower scales tier into the last tier, and not the starcross one into oculus one ?

I honestly we sould be able to exchange with the amount of materials you need, or make a selection chest in heroic dungeons so you can chose what materials you want, maybe that change can have more sense for you and the devs

I think the difference is that the scales are just part of the materials needed since you need others aswel, and more of them compared to the stones + gold and 1-15 of each material which is very newgligible, and you being able to buy them on market now.

Plus...scale farming was horrible xD like....literally horrible compared to the stones.

Dont get me wrong, I would want the conversion too, just being realistic here.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rockiboul said:

But why would you be able to exchange lower scales tier into the last tier

Scale exchange was put into the game recently and simply because the scales considered to be 'old' content now. Most ppl don't need scales on mains now and exchanging to higher tier helps people to evolve stuff more easily after soulboost (it helps new ppl and alt chars to get closer to current content).

And Grimoir is right, farming scales was harder when scales were high-end stuff than farming materials for accs now.

Edited by Riel
  • Like 1

I agree with you that scales is now old content. But I don't think that's a reason to say that we shouldn't have that change. Only point I don't agree is about the scales farming. We can't compare scales farming and oculus/starcross farming.

1- You needed a fix amount of scales to upgrade gear

2- You were able to choose what scales/fragments you wanted

3- If you really want to compare the farming between scales and materials, you'll see that materials starcross/oculus is "harder" to farm, because you can't choose what you want and you need way more work for one stage, especially for oculus

And about the fact that you can buy fragments on market, yeah you right, but can be millions of gold of buying fragments just for one stage of oculus 

28 minutes ago, Rockiboul said:

way more work

Yes as we spent long days partying in 4-men EM dungeons (HoI and FoE mostly) rotating drops. That one is still up (there are lots of multirun parties) and additionally you can solo st1 or em dungeons in minutes and get all the stuff (evolving mats, accs, acc boxes, insignias) which is rng ofc. Sometimes you get lucky and get good drops, sometimes you don't get anything for 5-6 runs in a row. That's the thrill in it 🙂

I spent 35 hours on one of my alts last week to try to get Starcross acc from wolf and got no luck. Got both from daily trains later (one last week and the other one on this Monday) xD

Don't know why ppl want to rush end-game content. I stopped playing a year ago, came back in september and made a new char. That one could catch up to my 3.5 years old char in 1.5 months and since then I'm fighting like hell to get up to end-content which means farming day and night as we did with scales a few years back.

Edited by Riel
  • Like 1

Yes, but years ago for scales, even if you rotated loot, you were able to get fragments scales EVERY run, now we taling about, you do HM run, and you can end up with 15 runs without any oculus chest, and even if you got one, it's only 100 oculus, that's like one try for accessories. You can end up to need 200 chests just to upgrade one stage( for example +17 to +18).

And at my level ( i'm very end gear), I won't bother doing Normal mode or stage 1, because it's not enough rewarding compare to the amount of materials you need for one end stage of accessories.

It's just not really motivating when you play all day/night long and can't keep up or barely keep up maxing your gear between dungeon releases

i swear no one have any idea about what rocki talkin about some people talkin that old acces scales was harder to get excuse me ? u just do multi run each run there is scales and ur acces 100% upgrade succes so all what u have to is do like 200 run and max ur acces

but in this new situation u have no idea how much oculus fragment u need for each stage sometimes acces from 16 to 17 all ur try fail till u reach max mileage after 200 click and each click cost u 100 oculus stone this mean 200 oculus box that drop at hard mode and lets say u was so lucky to get 200 box in 400 run hard mode to upgrade 1 acces 1 level so yes we really need this change it can help everyone and keep everyone happy while farming cuz we get benefit of everything drop @Grimoir@Riel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PinkyMira said:

but in this new situation u have no idea how much oculus fragment u need for each stage sometimes acces from 16 to 17 all ur try fail till u reach max mileage after 200 click and each click cost u 100 oculus stone this mean 200 oculus box that drop at hard mode and lets say u was so lucky to get 200 box in 400 run hard mode to upgrade 1 acces 1 level so yes we really need this change it can help everyone and keep everyone happy while farming cuz we get benefit of everything drop @Grimoir@Riel

I am aware how many you need, since I got my oculus accessories to +11 / +14. However when I compare to the scale farming, I have a much easier time to farm oculus fragments / starcross fragments than the scales. Plus you can farm a lot of them solo even without relying on a full group.

THe only issue that keeps killing me is the failure chances.

each run there is scales and ur acces 100% upgrade

In an old multirun I got double amount scale fragments than others, sometimes in every turn. How was that fair? Now everyone has the chance for the same amount, except you might need to run more for drops. I don't mind running dungeons for long hours since I like my usual company.

400 run hard mode to upgrade 1 acces 1 level

Every game gets harder and harder as you advance. Oculus was planned this way and I believe next set will be even harder (ik, we have soo much time till that). It's a good way to get money from whales who're doing endcontent. On the other hand I'd like to quote @Rockiboul

2 hours ago, Rockiboul said:

It's just not really motivating when you play all day/night long and can't keep up or barely keep up maxing your gear between dungeon releases

This is the reason we're getting content update in every 2 months instead of monthly pace now. Community asked for ease, they got us ease. However this should made you/us realize that they don't want to change the game mechs for NA/EU. Basically Korea dictates for a while now so we most likely won't get changes on the basics (like upgrade costs, rng rates, mat exchanges etc). We might get easier access to oculus stones in the foreseeable future but most likely it will be through events.

Edited by Riel
  • Like 1

I Don't mind getting content every 2 months, but the gear should follow with the speed of dungeons releases. 

At least over past few months we still get some adjustments for EU/NA, and I still want to believe that they will change a bit the way to get materials. Like there is multiple way to change it, and not make that to crazy. Like just the selection chest will make the thing easier and you'll feel rewarded when you farm.

Right now, even if you are a big gamer, let's be honest, you can't keep up if you don't play 8hours a day.

And I think until we get a clear awnser from GreenStorm, or so, we should keep talking about that change that people want

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...