A general guide for new/returning players

Hungibungi

On 12/22/2022 at 3:03 AM, matthew said:

Any tips on farming fusion stones and synthesis stones?

Sorry for the late reply! I saw it at night and completelly forgot about it. 😞 It is night again for me in Eu, but will check tomorrow for you 🙂 I never really had a problem with those as you get so many from dailies, but I think I saw synthesis stones somewhere as a drop / in a shop.

1 hour ago, Green Storm said:

Apologies for not being to get to that guide before the holiday break. I'm also pinning this thread for now so that more people can see it.

No worries, thank you! Should I put in the edits and message you with it after all, as I see you are still busy? I can do it tomorrow (in like 12 hours or so) if you don’t have time to go through the topic and rewrite a few parts of the guide 😄 

• NCSOFT
2 minutes ago, Hungibungi said:

No worries, thank you! Should I put in the edits and message you with it after all, as I see you are still busy? I can do it tomorrow (in like 12 hours or so) if you don’t have time to go through the topic and rewrite a few parts of the guide 😄 

I wouldn't go that route yet as I'm hoping I can get to it some time next week. I'll message you then if I'm unable to. Thank you for the generous offer!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hungibungi said:

Sorry for the late reply! I saw it at night and completelly forgot about it. 😞 It is night again for me in Eu, but will check tomorrow for you 🙂 I never really had a problem with those as you get so many from dailies, but I think I saw synthesis stones somewhere as a drop / in a shop.

WoXwPNN.png Yeah, you can get some from here as well outside of doing dailies 

• Thanks 1

Hey,

I will give some feedbacks about the guide from my experience

For the sake of my social experiment the character used is an Astromancer with nothing more than SB gear and its own money

Farming Starcross accessories (most accessible set for new players since Skystealers are unavailable) :

Don't salvage duplicated accs unless you already have them twice (except for bracelet), why ?

Because you can add them to your Compound with a 420 Power Potential, your bonus stats in Shift P will increase depending on your Power Potential

CSC (Poharan) is very affordable for SoulBoost gear people and the combat is not difficult enough to scare you (more gear makes it faster that's all)

No one's farming over Stage 5 so you'll always find a "multi" group to farm your myth SS

Solo farming :

Nayul (Easy mode or Normal Mode) : depending on how your gear is the NM will be available for you to farm. Please note that even if you can't refresh the dynamic reward you can still drop the gear from the NM

Easy Mode Dungeons : probably the easiest way to farm Skystealer crystals, Starcross crystals and Oculus stones + Insignas. If you can't solo one of them just recruit 1 or 2 people but it's not mandatory

How to use your SoulBoost gear :

Don't use your SB Psyches on your legendary accessories ! Because they can't be used in the succession system so it's a complete loss when you'll get your Starcross Accs.

Legendary Dungeon coin : can be use to buy Shadow Fury weapon mat but the next SB will give it for free (according to discord information). You can buy your Soulbadge because the new Myth one won't be available now

Higher Demonsbane Stage :

Forget about stage 8+ dungeons, it requires a lot of Accuracy to be able to hit the boss. Landing CC or even DPS will be nearly impossible if you don't meet the cap

Stage 5 Demonsbane now have a chance to drop the Upsurge weapon (bid system, tradable chest) in addition of the personal drop (I think it was only the case for Grim Nexus before)

Stats to focus for your compound :

By default we have 2 pages and that's enough currently

What you want is to have Boss Atk Power, Mystic and Crit Damage on one page and full Debuff Damage on the second one

Don't try to have a mix with Debuff and the others, it's pointless

If you don't have the time to play, you just need 15min to do the most important content and leave your char at Darkweald or Fishing for hours

What content ? Sanctum of the Masters (XP, Insignas, Master's emblem, Radiance stones) the timer is set to 10min unless you die before that

Shrouded Ajanara, Nayul daily dynamic reward to work slowly but surely on your myth mystic badge (Easy or Normal)

Current content : Darkweald - Big XP and reward in Mushin's Tower shop (Gang Sanghae)

Hope this helps 🙂

• NCSOFT

Ok @Hungibungi I finished phase 1 of my work here. I edited your original post to correct typos, grammatical errors, and be consistent with the language we used on all our communications so that it looks familiar. I did NOT edit for style, meaning I kept your words, except in very few cases where I thought they were not clear enough.

Overall your guide is fantastic! Thank you for creating it. My plan in phase 2 is to integrate all the comments from other players in this thread. Then in phase 3 I will create a new pinned thread to create an introduction, add links to useful resources (e.g., the unofficial wiki, useful even if it's outdated), and a link to another guide I received. I will then merge your thread into this new pinned thread.

Once we're done, I plan to share a link to this new thread on all our social channels on a regular basis. Let me know if you or anyone else has questions, comments, or concerns!

• Thanks 1

You can also add that if you`re returning player (like me) you can salvage lvl 50 HM weapons for Soulstones, moonstones, some upgade stones and lvl 3 legendary weapon(458 attack one) and also that they should pick the Red one. I played couple days with true scorpion bangle until I noticed you can salvage to legendary weapon and materials with apparently you`ll need later on.

On  my BM alt I had first stage lvl 50 yeti weapon(awakened breeze or something) and it salvaged to the exact same lvl 3 leg weapon. 

And if they don't have that and didn't start post Silverstone campaign quests, that they can get legendary weapon(crap one tho) for 5 purple naryu coins from the PVP vendor. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Thank you to Hungibungi and the other contributors for taking the time to write out this advice!

I'm a returning player who has been away for some time, and who reinstalled Windows 10 just to play B&S again (I dual-boot with Linux).

It's also great to see that this game is still active, with new content coming out. Thank you NCSoft!

• 1 month later...