I miss the old crafting/gathering guilds and side quests, world building ramble.

Croso

I miss all of them. I can see why the guild system was changed, but I felt it added to the world. Running about gathering base crafting materials was a decent way to get some pocket money too. The crafting system nowdays seems to be reserved to post-storymode players and that saddens me. Did they change it in Asia too, or did they keep the old system due to higher player count?

The side quests on the other hand I don't get. They fleshed out the world and its inhabitants, gave you something to do in between story quests and sometimes even gave great rewards like outfits. Any chanse to at least get that back?

Just me rambling about, but I liked the world building these two wrought.

Edited by Croso
Forgot a question mark.

• 3 weeks later...

I still feel sad about the side quests and old content been taking out, there were so many good times with all of it.

Now when you level up a new char or play for the first time it seems empty.

I would still like to all of it to come back, the outfit hunt was always fun.

1 hour ago, Eraxon said:

I still feel sad about the side quests and old content been taking out, there were so many good times with all of it.

Now when you level up a new char or play for the first time it seems empty.

I would still like to all of it to come back, the outfit hunt was always fun.

What i personally loved is the hongmoon weapon and accessory evolution. ITs was so nice and straightforward, and you jsut needed the breakthrough items and thats it. There were no chances to fail, no sinks to waste tons of materials. Now...its just a nightmare.

You miss the old gathering system that had like 3 nodes per world map that had campers or bots collecting it so most others never could? Seems like an odd thing to miss.... I could see them possibly leaving that in the game just to let players gather it if they wanted to. But the changes they have made even with the not waiting 24 hours or more to complete stuff is a very welcome change. But to each their own I suppose.

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

What i personally loved is the hongmoon weapon and accessory evolution. ITs was so nice and straightforward, and you jsut needed the breakthrough items and thats it. There were no chances to fail, no sinks to waste tons of materials. Now...its just a nightmare.

Same. They should have just kept that, but truncated the stages required. My weapon was one of a few 'original' weapons left because I fully evolved it in each era from Hongmoon to Shadow Fury...then I used it as an upgrade mat for Upsurge.