Keys performance.

andy12008

Hi when can you expect that it will be better with the performance of the keys? Because when I start a fight I have to press at least 5 keys in a row, if only one key does not work the burst is gone.Or even in between when I have to activate my shield eg is not nice.

I keep saying this, and all people do is just bash on me, as if I was crazy.

I keep getting inputs ignored all the time, and sometimes I need to press the same skill 10 times for it to trigger.

This did not happen with UE3.

Same ping as before.

I don't think that we will ever see a fix for this.

17 hours ago, Walex said:

This DID happen with UE3.

It was so rare, and only when my ping spiked, which is expected.

Or when playing with an ingame ping above 200ms.

In UE4, this happens with 45-55ms ping ingame.

In UE3, this didn't happen (TO ME) with 90-110ms ping ingame.

6 hours ago, DenialOfTruth said:

The lower the FPS, the more likely the game will fail to register a given input. It is very unlikely game performance will be improved in any meaningful way.

This happens to be from anywhere between 30 to 120fps.

It also happens regardless of the ping.

The worst of them all is the talisman...

Pressing Shift-E 20 times to trigger it...

1 hour ago, Cupidstar said:

This happens to be from anywhere between 30 to 120fps.

It also happens regardless of the ping.

The worst of them all is the talisman...

Pressing Shift-E 20 times to trigger it...

Or SS, which for me is more like SSSSSSSSSSSSSS to get it to trigger...except when you don't want it to go off then sometimes just pressing lightly on S makes you jump backwards.

Edited by DenialOfTruth

3 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

Or SS, which for me is more like SSSSSSSSSSSSSS to get it to trigger...except when you don't want it to go off then sometimes just pressing lightly on S makes you jump backwards.

That is even more annoying that Shift+E.

I think the cause is the butchered "net code".

I'm 300% sure that all they did was to use the ping instead of the round-trip time on all calculations, and didn't change anything else.

Now, GCD is still at 100, and it causes issues because your ping isn't 100 but a lot lower.

Maybe disabling it will help with this, if the ping is lower than 100.

On 4/24/2022 at 10:22 AM, Cupidstar said:

I keep saying this, and all people do is just bash on me, as if I was crazy.

I keep getting inputs ignored all the time, and sometimes I need to press the same skill 10 times for it to trigger.

Not using spam macros is the easiest solution.
Aside from macro usage being forbidden (quoting the support: "Also, to clarify, out policy is that each keystroke or mouse click should equal one action in-game.") spamming keys is also the reason why additional inputs may not register.
And if you still want to use your macro just release it for a bit.

With the improved performance wie UE4 the input registration got way better even with spam macros.

15 minutes ago, FriendlyFox said:

Not using spam macros is the easiest solution.

I don't use macros. I use simple mode.

15 minutes ago, FriendlyFox said:

Aside from macro usage being forbidden

Really? I though it was just frowned upon. I haven't read the terms and conditions at all!

(This is sarcasm)

16 minutes ago, FriendlyFox said:

spamming keys is also the reason why additional inputs may not register.

No it's not.

Pressing X then C causes the X input to be ignored most of the time.

This is by me, pressing the keys on the keyboard, like a human would.

17 minutes ago, FriendlyFox said:

With the improved performance wie UE4 the input registration got way better even with spam macros.

No it didn't.

It got a trillion times worse.

It's a lot smoother to play in NA with 100+ms than playing in EU with ~50ms.

I've noticed input abnormalities too depending on ping, but after thinking about it, I have somewhat less when my ping is reading at 60-70 then I do at the average of 50-55 I normally have. Perhaps this is the source of people seeing better input registration, having closer to 100ms ingame ping? This would require extensive testing and I'll keep a closer eye on what inputs seem to be failing to register in the future.

As for macros, while the terms of service do not specify macros as forbidden, they do forbid 'third party programs' that give an advantage or automate gameplay, which would be a requirement of creating a macro in the first place. Check out entry 2.1.3 of the User Agreement. In theory if NCSoft ever provided a in game means of creating a macro, that would be permitted and technically Simple Mode is a (usually bad) macro.

21 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

As for macros, while the terms of service do not specify macros as forbidden, they do forbid 'third party programs' that give an advantage or automate gameplay, which would be a requirement of creating a macro in the first place. Check out entry 2.1.3 of the User Agreement.

https://us.ncsoft.com/en-us/legal/archive/blade-and-soul/blade-and-soul-rules-of-conduct

21. You may not use any third-party program (such as a "bot") in order to automate gameplay functions, including playing, chatting, interacting or gathering items within Blade & Soul. You may not assist, relay or store items for other players who are using these processes.

21 minutes ago, DenialOfTruth said:

Perhaps this is the source of people seeing better input registration, having closer to 100ms ingame ping?

Yes, and that is probably caused by the global autobias (aka: GCD), which is set to 100ms.

I couldn't find where this is set, but I remember that a setting existed for it but was removed.

The issue of having to spam a key for it to activate started with 64-bit client on UE3. In same (12 man raid) conditions, 32-bit client (although prone to crashing) was far more reliable in terms of getting your skills to actually activate. This in turn made raiding on 64-bit very.. uh.. fun and unpredictable, since you never knew when you'll actually iframe/dash or die. Or miss a vital CC and get wiped. This is based on my experience with raiding on "vanilla" (unmodified) client, btw. Another thing, this seemed to also depend on party/alliance composition. For example, having 3rd spec destroyer present would cause "lag" and game to be less responsive, even with characters hidden (even in early Blackmoon days, not just when the spec was new).

1 hour ago, Rhiakath said:

The issue of having to spam a key for it to activate started with 64-bit client on UE3. In same (12 man raid) conditions, 32-bit client (although prone to crashing) was far more reliable in terms of getting your skills to actually activate. This in turn made raiding on 64-bit very.. uh.. fun and unpredictable, since you never knew when you'll actually iframe/dash or die. Or miss a vital CC and get wiped. This is based on my experience with raiding on "vanilla" (unmodified) client, btw. Another thing, this seemed to also depend on party/alliance composition. For example, having 3rd spec destroyer present would cause "lag" and game to be less responsive, even with characters hidden (even in early Blackmoon days, not just when the spec was new).

I didn't feel it at all in UE3, but is a constant in UE4.

40 minutes ago, Rhiakath said:

I had big issues with it in Iron Ark

I don't know what that is.

I heard about those issues on raids, but it was mostly network lag and fps.
You could help by removing skill illusion books and some outfits with effects.

Apparently, having some people in the party would cause issues to everybody.

That's all I know about that.

I only started doing TT raids after Call to Arms 2.