A second chance for old Outfits and Weapon Skins ....

Rini Mahi

Greetings Dear GMs,

I know this question might sound ridiculous, but I just wanted to ask if there is any chance (even it was a teni tiny chance) for the Old Outfits to be avaliable for grab again,

for example Old Event Outfits or Founder's Pack Outfits.

And Since the UE4 engine came out, it would be a really nice throwback and also a 2nd chance for your hardcore and dedicated Veterane players (and new players too) who couldn't manage to grab those Old Outfits to get them again.

I know those Outfits are exclusive, but think about it for a little, a lot of players would pay for those Outfits (Bundles) without blinking,

especially the Veteran players,

Like me for example "I would pay what ever price placed on the ( Transcendence ) Outfit if it comes back to the game",

And for my reason : is that I couldn't manage to grab the Founder's Pack back then because I had no job to help me afford it,

Ever since I started playing Blade & Soul (exactly 9 days after the game launched in the West 6 years ago) I was getting and still get super bummed every day, but to be honest the game was too good to pass on and today BnS is still my most favorite game and the only game that is super close to my heart.

Note : I would really appreciate (and I already do appreciate) your hard work if any of the GMs help us out with this one.

Kindest of regards,
Full Love and Dedication,

Rini Mahi.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rini Mahi said:

@Hime

I am sorry for the tag, but I just wanted to get someone attention.

As i said in another thread recently

"I don't think it matters how many times we tag her or try to get her attention.

She goes to the forums once per week to type the maintenance notice, then leave it until the next wednesday.

Just look at her forum profile "Last Visited Wednesday"

i3rPFaV.png

We can hope that she becomes more active and notice/replies to every ping.

But it's very doubtful.

I personally don't know why the NCwest staff is avoiding the questions so much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uldrum said:

As i said in another thread recently

"I don't think it matters how many times we tag her or try to get her attention.

She goes to the forums once per week to type the maintenance notice, then leave it until the next wednesday.

Just look at her forum profile "Last Visited Wednesday"

i3rPFaV.png

We can hope that she becomes more active and notice/replies to every ping.

But it's very doubtful.

I personally don't know why the NCwest staff is avoiding the questions so much.

Give the Thread a like, the more likes the more chance it get their attention.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Hola amigos,

I bought the founder package back in the day, and I'd personally prefer them introducing new outfits, rather than opening up the sale of 'exclusive' outfits given out to founders, since the exclusivity of the items made the packages more attractive and exclusive, atleast to me.

From,
FearWheel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, FearWheel said:

Hola amigos,

I bought the founder package back in the day, and I'd personally prefer them introducing new outfits, rather than opening up the sale of 'exclusive' outfits given out to founders, since the exclusivity of the items made the packages more attractive and exclusive, atleast to me.

From,
FearWheel

Welp you got a good point there Mr. FearWheel, 🤗

But tbh the game is 6 years old, and the advertisement for the game was good but not that big back then, on top of that most of the players who still play the game today had no job to afford the pack back then ( sadly like me 😔),

So I am thinking, out of respect for those players who stuck with the game for this long and to celebrate the UE4 release, it would really make a lot of people happy to get another chance on those Outfits, Titles or Weapon skins,
like for example give those players who have played this game for 6-8-10 years a token to buy those outfits, or an exclusive Veteran / Elder players pack that only those players can buy.

You really have no idea friend, I love the game so much but I still get really sad from time to time when I see my main character not wearing that Transcendence Outfit I sooo wanted to get, but I had no job back then and I was a student too, feels-sadge-man.

I don't mind Ncsoft introducing new outfits, but it still won't feel as good as the Founder's Pack's Master Pack's Outfits, specially for old players.

Much Love, and Kind Regards
Rini Mahi. 🥰

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rini Mahi said:

Welp you got a good point there Mr. FearWheel, 🤗

But tbh the game is 6 years old, and the advertisement for the game was good but not that big back then, on top of that most of the players who still play the game today had no job to afford the pack back then ( sadly like me 😔),

So I am thinking, out of respect for those players who stuck with the game for this long and to celebrate the UE4 release, it would really make a lot of people happy to get another chance on those Outfits, Titles or Weapon skins,
like for example give those players who have played this game for 6-8-10 years a token to buy those outfits, or an exclusive Veteran / Elder players pack that only those players can buy.

You really have no idea friend, I love the game so much but I still get really sad from time to time when I see my main character not wearing that Transcendence Outfit I sooo wanted to get, but I had no job back then and I was a student too, feels-sadge-man.

I don't mind Ncsoft introducing new outfits, but it still won't feel as good as the Founder's Pack's Master Pack's Outfits, specially for old players.

Much Love, and Kind Regards
Rini Mahi. 🥰

Hello Rini Mahi,

I understand your frustration, but the point of the founder's pack still stays as a reward to those who supported the founding of BNS in NCWest back in the day. When you say respecting players that stayed for a long time, isn't it then also disrespecting the players who stayed a long time and have the virtual items because they bought the founder's pack expecting the virtual items to be exclusive?

In regards to you being a student back then, I can only say, I'm sorry, thats how life is sometimes. I was also a student back then, even in highschool i believe, but worked quite a bit outside of studying.

Also, there is a reason why the Founder's Pack outfits feel so good for old players, its because they're exclusive and are used as a symbol of their support.

Kind regards
FearWheel

Edited by FearWheel
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, FearWheel said:

Hello Rini Mahi,

I understand your frustration, but the point of the founder's pack still stays as a reward to those who supported the founding of BNS in NCWest back in the day. When you say respecting players that stayed for a long time, isn't it then also disrespecting the players who stayed a long time and have the virtual items because they bought the founder's pack expecting the virtual items to be exclusive?

In regards to you being a student back then, I can only say, I'm sorry, thats how life is sometimes. I was also a student back then, even in highschool i believe, but worked quite a bit outside of studying.

Also, there is a reason why the Founder's Pack outfits feel so good for old players, its because they're exclusive and are used as a symbol of their support.

Kind regards
FearWheel

Greetings again Wheel,

Well if you think it that way, I can say that not giving another chance for Old players who couldn't afford to get the Master's Pack is a way to disrespect those players, 😐
But alas I am not saying that and I don't love flaming or being toxic, 🥰

All I am saying is that it would be fair and fun for both players to get another chance (either to get another costume for an alts, or new costume for those who couldn't afford it), like this you will make both players happy,

Not all students have the time or possibility to work due to different Geo-location and work availability in their place of living, 😔

That's the point Wheel, those old outfits truly do feel good for old players, that's why Ncsoft should give this feeling to old players to keep them attached to the game, simple marketing strategy. 🤗

Full Love and Regards,
Mahi.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As far as event outfits go, many of them have been brought back and offered multiple times, but it is usually only after a couple years have passed. Old cosmetic loot boxes are also still available in exchange for Designer Threads at the Clothing Merchant in Mushin's Tower. Now, outfits gated behind (non-cosmetic) loot boxes rarely reappear. But it makes sense most people wouldn't appreciate wasting potentially hundreds of dollars on RNG only to see it directly available in the shop for $15 later on. x.x;

In regards to the Founder's benefits, I don't think it'd be right to give the same item to newcomers, but I'd be open to a recolored/altered version. As I recall, I had the Founder's Pack for Tera Online back in the day and it came with a golden dragon weapon skin. Later they added a black dragon skin in the shop, and I felt that was a fair compromise so people could get a similar look while not completely erasing the benefit to Founders.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Unya said:

As far as event outfits go, many of them have been brought back and offered multiple times, but it is usually only after a couple years have passed. Old cosmetic loot boxes are also still available in exchange for Designer Threads at the Clothing Merchant in Mushin's Tower. Now, outfits gated behind (non-cosmetic) loot boxes rarely reappear. But it makes sense most people wouldn't appreciate wasting potentially hundreds of dollars on RNG only to see it directly available in the shop for $15 later on. x.x;

In regards to the Founder's benefits, I don't think it'd be right to give the same item to newcomers, but I'd be open to a recolored/altered version. As I recall, I had the Founder's Pack for Tera Online back in the day and it came with a golden dragon weapon skin. Later they added a black dragon skin in the shop, and I felt that was a fair compromise so people could get a similar look while not completely erasing the benefit to Founders.

Ohhh, good idea really, maybe they could do a Customizable Outfit for the old buyers and normal Outfit for the new buyers, or as you said a different colour.

• Like 1

It is very unlikely that popular hair cosmetics such as Yura Hairstyle or popular costumes will return ever again. 

We usually see the same costume rotation for years now with a few new ones added in the mix. 

Especially very old costumes like Regium Corvus will probably never return. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/15/2022 at 4:04 PM, Amane said:

It is very unlikely that popular hair cosmetics such as Yura Hairstyle or popular costumes will return ever again. 

We usually see the same costume rotation for years now with a few new ones added in the mix. 

Especially very old costumes like Regium Corvus will probably never return. 

If we keep quiet, nothing will happen for sure, so we should keep making noises so they can notice. 🤗

On 1/17/2022 at 6:47 AM, Rini Mahi said:

If we keep quiet, nothing will happen for sure, so we should keep making noises so they can notice. 🤗

I really don't want to spoil the ambitions you have, but they usually don't listen very often to any kind of community feedback. 

The most prominent one is the cheating issue and people suggesting to implement server side validation. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/20/2022 at 12:25 AM, Amane said:

I really don't want to spoil the ambitions you have, but they usually don't listen very often to any kind of community feedback. 

The most prominent one is the cheating issue and people suggesting to implement server side validation. 

I will never lose hope, they are bound to listen to us. ^-^/

I agree with bringing back old costumes, I'd love a chance at Urban Legend again. But I disagree with bringing back exclusives, i.e. Founder's. Saying some people couldn't afford it at the time is noble and all, but it doesn't matter the reason someone missed it. Hardly any game ever re-releases something like Founder's exclusives because it's intended to be an exclusive reward for supporting a game from the start. It was a limited time exclusive, show some respect for those who got it. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/21/2022 at 9:57 PM, Yerraniel said:

I agree with bringing back old costumes, I'd love a chance at Urban Legend again. But I disagree with bringing back exclusives, i.e. Founder's. Saying some people couldn't afford it at the time is noble and all, but it doesn't matter the reason someone missed it. Hardly any game ever re-releases something like Founder's exclusives because it's intended to be an exclusive reward for supporting a game from the start. It was a limited time exclusive, show some respect for those who got it. 

Greetings there Yerraniel,

How can I disrespect old players, if I my self an old player and played since launch? 
It is very respectful and honoring to open those founders pack to only the old players who couldn't pay for it back then and still stuck around and still playing the game till this day like me, kindly don't talk to me like you know my history in this game, 

They could introduce diffirent color outfits of the founder's packs for everyone who played that long.

Regards,
Rini Mahi.