Weapon Cost Reductions... But...

SilverFoxR

Hey, there!

This is mainly for the moderation team as a suggestion.

As it's been posted on the main page, the Grand Celestial, Thornbreaker and Silversteel weapons will all be getting cost reductions. This is pretty normal with the raid path weapons and has happened a few times even over this year alone.

However...

The non-raid path (Shadow Forge, Dragon Spire, etc.) weapons rarely (if ever) seem to get these cost reductions to match. This means that, what used to be the commonly "cheaper" is no longer all that inexpensive. Additionally, some specs benefit more from the non-raid weapons (IE: Earth Summoner and Ice Soul Fighter).

So, I'd like to ask if the devs can look into doing appropriate cost reductions for all weapon paths, not just the raid path.

On a side-note... can we please make Blood Roses account-bound by now like the other lower raid materials? That would also be pretty useful.

17 hours ago, SilverFoxR said:

Additionally, some specs benefit more from the non-raid weapons

Every one has been using shadowfury as far as i can see.

Even the 2 classes you mentioned.

Are you sure it's "better" ?

> This means that, what used to be the commonly "cheaper" is no longer all that inexpensive.

Getting the weapon chest and the extra scales always seemed like "More work" to me.

Maybe less "Expensive" but more time consuming, I've always gone the raid path on every character and alt.

Edited by Uldrum

2 hours ago, Uldrum said:

Every one has been using shadowfury as far as i can see.

Even the 2 classes you mentioned.

Are you sure it's "better" ?

For the 2nd spec for Soul Fighter (Ice), one of the PvE weapon paths reduces the cooldown of Focus Chi by 30%. Using that and the Wingrise soul badge, you can have unlimited Focus Chi, meaning you can use Dragonfury, build stacks for Frost Storm. It's recommended for that spec to use that weapon path.

1 hour ago, SilverFoxR said:

For the 2nd spec for Soul Fighter (Ice), one of the PvE weapon paths reduces the cooldown of Focus Chi by 30%. Using that and the Wingrise soul badge, you can have unlimited Focus Chi, meaning you can use Dragonfury, build stacks for Frost Storm. It's recommended for that spec to use that weapon path.

^ this. The raid weapon ONLY works with zenith soul badge for SF and even then you have to get 4 froststorm within a rotation or else raid weapon is worse than dungeon path. I still hope to get shadow fury equivalent pve weapon someday.

Reductions for non-raid path- YES PLEASE! NCSoft has shown increasing disdain for those of us who took non-raid path. It used to be a good option for those of us without guilds, but now it has become both less effective and more expensive, which is asinine. During C2A and other reduction events, non-raid is left stranded. Half my characters are stuck on this path. If this option is not going to be viable, just merge the 2 paths and add in a way to grind for the break-through items outside of raids.

5 hours ago, Shirafune said:

^ this. The raid weapon ONLY works with zenith soul badge for SF and even then you have to get 4 froststorm within a rotation or else raid weapon is worse than dungeon path. I still hope to get shadow fury equivalent pve weapon someday.

In that case.

Rather than ask for higher stage PvE weapon, you should ask them to just re-work the class and make it work properly.

A worse stage weapon should never be "Better"