Hope your ANTI-CHEAT system is not as lovely of that gameguard four years ago.

Zatzha

Okay. i really dont mind balancing the cheat, i am in favor of QoL like let players modify the keys in their game, please i suffered from carpal tunnel jsut because this game, min maxing dps to be able to apply to a raid at that time, anyhow. I am posting this for all the player base, new players and returning players to remidn them how terrible was the only anti-cheat the game had and i nmy personal case i had this game guard running 24/7 in my task manager and couldn't close it at all, using my RAM memory, that is aside of game being opened, when i opened the game, as soon as i entered my ms to the server jumped in average 100ms as an example i played with 60 to 70 ms and thne ended up being 170ms to 220ms, in addition the FPS "frames peer second" chaged from 30 to 50 FPS unstable cause that is how poorly coded the UE3 was to 10 -20 FPS, sooooooo:

1- I don't really know how many players will quit and come, but if you put make the game unplayable, most of them will quit

2- for the love of good, youare working on anti-cheat first, instead of fixing "(QoL) Quality of life" like: insta transmute, quick box opener, no loading screens in places where they are not needed, insta input delay above the normal delay someplayers have to the server, so yeah that is what gcd does just erase that input delay they do, for no reason haha, and most importantly, how you dont let players customize the keys some classes have to play like a piano and i know lots of friends who suffered carpal tunnel and had to take breaks in raids cause you dont let them do that.

With all being said, before you implement you beloved anti cheat, fix these issues who were what people claimed for so many time, thanks.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

TOTALLY agreed. GIVE THIS MAN A COOKIE. there are WAY more important things to look at than looking at an anti cheat system. jut disable the use of Cheat Engine, and fix the Jumping thingy like you once did before, and take a look at those QoL . i mean you WERE able to reduce the cast time of windstride, i don't see a problem in making the rest of QoL. If rebinding becomes a no no for example, more than half of players will quit. Brood chamber loading screen was fixed, so were those of skybreak spire. but the new dungeon has a totally useless loading screen behind the 1st mini Spider boss,meanwhile changing the scenery after it with going through the rift doesn't require any loading screens. logic? none and so on ...

Careful the white knights gonna come and say anti cheat is the true salvation of this game. But I totally agree with this thread, the first GameGuard was way too messed up, it would even force shut down my sandboxed applications THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME. XignCode was fine even after they added heartbeat I didn't have any issue with it, some ppl say less fps but didn't notice it for xigncode at least back then. If white knights still gonna be ignorant about this hope they get issues with the anti cheat, it's gonna be pure sweet karma

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

Careful the white knights gonna come and say anti cheat is the true salvation of this game. But I totally agree with this thread, the first GameGuard was way too messed up, it would even force shut down my sandboxed applications THAT HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GAME. XignCode was fine even after they added heartbeat I didn't have any issue with it, some ppl say less fps but didn't notice it for xigncode at least back then. If white knights still gonna be ignorant about this hope they get issues with the anti cheat, it's gonna be pure sweet karma

Know what will be pure sweet karma? when cheaters think they can bypass it and then still get caught in the next banwave.

When people who been talking trash for so long while cheating their ... off finally get banned.. 
That would be karma.

Not getting lag for wanting a game to be fair, that's just silly.

Edited by sFMos
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 6:26 AM, Zatzha said:

how terrible was the only anti-cheat the game had

In North America/Europe, the game actually had 2 anti-cheats that failed miserably:

- GameGuard - Still used in China, with UE3 (Don't know if they still have it) - terrible, used lots of CPU

- Xigncode3 - A complete disaster that causes lots of issues with the heartbeat... Used quite a lot of CPU as well

The solution isn't in anti-cheat.

Anti-cheat is defeated all the time.

Add server-side validations.

The game server does an incredibly bad job at validating stuff.

How do you think the cheaters get away with what they do?

There is no server-side validation for many things.

But just as an experiment, lets pretend that the new anti-cheat is actually good, doesn't undermine our privacy, doesn't use a ton of CPU, doesn't use a ton of RAM...

It is extremelly good, and catches all the basic cheats.

Now, imagine that the OS is running on DBVM.

And you have kernel-access to everything on the OS, and can change anything without being detected...

What will stop any cheaters now? Nothing!

Anti-cheating isn't a solution.

It is a shotgun aproach to a problem that can (and should) be solved server-side.

But, they will need better servers for more validations...
Don't think that a server that crashes with Koldrak will be powerful enough to handle verifying more stuff...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, sFMos said:

Know what will be pure sweet karma? when cheaters think they can bypass it and then still get caught in the next banwave.

Since there are no server validations and reports are not looked after i doubt people could get banned if they bypass the anti cheat which is btw super easy for xigncode and gameguard.

2 hours ago, sFMos said:

When people who been talking trash for so long while cheating their ... off finally get banned.. 

Seriously wont happen. There is a reason they dont ban people and thats mostly cause of $$$ but also cause the playerbase is low in the first place. Why should they start banning people now after 3 years of not doing so ? I am 100% sure they have enough evidance for the majority of players to ban them but they simply dont.

4 hours ago, FeuchterLyn said:

Since there are no server validations and reports are not looked after i doubt people could get banned if they bypass the anti cheat which is btw super easy for xigncode and gameguard.

Seriously wont happen. There is a reason they dont ban people and thats mostly cause of $$$ but also cause the playerbase is low in the first place. Why should they start banning people now after 3 years of not doing so ? I am 100% sure they have enough evidance for the majority of players to ban them but they simply dont.

Why would they bother with ue4 update if they just wanna let the game die off?
Why would they bother trying to make an anti cheat, if they don't actually wanna ban people?
I know ncsoft never does things that are logical but, even for ncsoft that would make no sense.

9 hours ago, sFMos said:

That would be karma.

Not getting lag for wanting a game to be fair, that's just silly.

Anti cheat doesn't ban people, it just closes game if it detects any "cheats". Banning is still on support side so that needs to improve because even rn with no anti cheat they could ban a lot of ppl with evidence but refuse to do so for whatever reason, maybe game is too dead I don't know.

I forgot another disaster of original game guard. When 64 bit launched first time for BnS, GG was causing some mouse pointer issues making it unplayable, I don't remember details but here's one thread I searched

and as you can see that's AFTER the pointer fix.

Anyway point is don't bring that abomination version of GameGuard BnS had, never seen so many issues caused by an anti cheat before.

Edited by Shiro