Fresh Start Server EU with Unreal Engine 4 update at 8th September?

Dagorath

With my friends (we come as a whole guild from Archeage and Final Fantasy 14), we decided to return to game with Unreal Engine 4 update to Blade and Sould at EU region, and so we have downloaded current game to be ready as getting used to game play again. However, we saw that there is only 1 server right now for EU region with crowd server statue and because of it, the game is quite laggy.

With Unreal Engine 4 update, do we need to uninstall the current game or it is going to remove old files to install the game from zero or patch over the old gaming folder files?

Unreal Engine 4 update will bring more players as new and old players, so in my opinion one server cannot maintain new players while current server is lagging itself already.

If it is possible, there is a chance for NCSOFT to open a fresh server for EU (if you know any information about it, please write a comment to below)? thank you.

My ping is around 155 to 166 only at this game but I have never experienced such pings at other mmorpgs which are generally around 40-75. So, the EU server is really in EU - Frankfurt for Blade and Soul EU? If you know the answer, please would you reply to this question too? thank you. Currently, the game is not playable at all because of lags and ping.

1 hour ago, Dagorath said:

With my friends (we come as a whole guild from Archeage and Final Fantasy 14), we decided to return to game with Unreal Engine 4 update to Blade and Sould at EU region, and so we have downloaded current game to be ready as getting used to game play again. However, we saw that there is only 1 server right now for EU region with crowd server statue and because of it, the game is quite laggy.

With Unreal Engine 4 update, do we need to uninstall the current game or it is going to remove old files to install the game from zero or patch over the old gaming folder files?

Unreal Engine 4 update will bring more players as new and old players, so in my opinion one server cannot maintain new players while current server is lagging itself already.

If it is possible, there is a chance for NCSOFT to open a fresh server for EU (if you know any information about it, please write a comment to below)? thank you.

With UE4 we will have to download a NEW game client. The old will stop to work. They will post links when its ready for download prior to september 8th.

There will be no new /fresh server. This is just a visual / engine upgrade and not a fresh start. Everything in terms of servers and progress will stay the way it is now. You MIGHT see improvements in ping / FPS but it all depends on how the devs coded it for out region.

15 hours ago, Grimoir said:

With UE4 we will have to download a NEW game client. The old will stop to work. They will post links when its ready for download prior to september 8th.

There will be no new /fresh server. This is just a visual / engine upgrade and not a fresh start. Everything in terms of servers and progress will stay the way it is now. You MIGHT see improvements in ping / FPS but it all depends on how the devs coded it for out region.

Server currently seems as crowd server statue with logs of lags with high ping for no reason...

I tried Exitlag but it didn't help so much; because in the game there is an option to see ping in the game and when I use the Exitlag it didn't help so much which the ping never goes down of 100 according to in game ping indicator (even by using exitlag). However, exitlag shows that I have 43ms... so server is laggy itself as I understand. Because of it, me and my friends cannot play smoothly in the game for an action combat game at EU region.

I have some couple of questions below, so if someone might answer them will be appreciated.

With Unreal Engine 4 Update, all of these main problems are going to fix?

With one big capacity of current server, it can handle all of the new players and returning players at the same time with Unreal Engine 4 Update / Patch?

I play in low level areas now to get use to game's action combat but I didn't see any single soul in low level areas (only some 1-2-3-4 players max at the same area) so far.

How are we going to gear up and interact with other players while leveling and gearing up to attend bosses or named mobs in open world or in the dungeons while there are very less amount of active players around?

There is no way to catch or play with old players as new or returning players, so why they don't open a fresh server? I saw the marketplace prices and new players cannot afford to get anything even if you play a couple of months (I learned that there is a bidding system in this game to get the loots from dungeons too, so it is literally money talks  if you have in game gold a lot, you can bid to get items as I understand). It might be seem as complaining but I don't understand the logic for not opening a fresh start server for a big update like that.

If it is possible, would you tell me how is the open world pvp, arena pvp, open world interaction with players, clans to do pve and pvp content at this game? The reason I ask these questions because I couldn't find any 2021 videos about current state of the Blade and Soul for EU region.

Most of the time in the previous years' videos on the youtube, players who are quit always have said "Blade and Soul is very p2w game with gold buyers, gold sellers or items on the marketplace with NC coins etc which EU region server is very dead with very low active population, so only one server is left in Blade and Soul EU region".

Thus, what is the current state of the Blade and Soul in EU region, and how it might be changed at 8th September patch with Unreal Engine 4 update? thank you very much.

28 minutes ago, Dagorath said:

I tried Exitlag but it didn't help so much; because in the game there is an option to see ping in the game and when I use the Exitlag it didn't help so much which the ping never goes down of 100 according to in game ping indicator (even by using exitlag). However, exitlag shows that I have 43ms... so server is laggy itself as I understand. Because of it, me and my friends cannot play smoothly in the game for an action combat game at EU region.

The ping shown in game is not your real ping to the server. Exitlag will show you your server ping, in game it shows you your latency which is ping + other things.

Ping all depends on 2 things: your distance to the server and your ISP connection (and i do not mean bandwith). Your ISP can have musltiple connection routes to a server, if their route is bad you will have bad ping.

30 minutes ago, Dagorath said:

With Unreal Engine 4 Update, all of these main problems are going to fix?

Unreal engine 4 itself has already a lot of improvements and fixes in the engine itself. Rest depends on devs. From what i experienced with the KR client, there are improvements. But ultimately it will still depend on your PC. We wont know for sure until we get the client itself.

32 minutes ago, Dagorath said:

With one big capacity of current server, it can handle all of the new players and returning players at the same time with Unreal Engine 4 Update / Patch?

Handled them fine at launch and after. Worst case the queue system pops in giving premium members priority like in the past.

32 minutes ago, Dagorath said:

I play in low level areas now to get use to game's action combat but I didn't see any single soul in low level areas (only some 1-2-3-4 players max at the same area) so far.

Most people just rush to end game. no point staying in low levels.

33 minutes ago, Dagorath said:

How are we going to gear up and interact with other players while leveling and gearing up to attend bosses or named mobs in open world or in the dungeons while there are very less amount of active players around?

You level to 60, and then yo ustart going into dungeons. At low levels you wont find anyone because everything is soloable.

34 minutes ago, Dagorath said:

There is no way to catch or play with old players as new or returning players, so why they don't open a fresh server? I saw the marketplace prices and new players cannot afford to get anything even if you play a couple of months (I learned that there is a bidding system in this game to get the loots from dungeons too, so it is literally money talks  if you have in game gold a lot, you can bid to get items as I understand). It might be seem as complaining but I don't understand the logic for not opening a fresh start server for a big update like that.

Because there is no need for a new server. Which would itself be abandoned and empty anyway because no one would sacrifice the money they spent and time to start over again. Not to mention if a player doesnt understand how to make gold in current server, he wont be making any gold in a new one.

Sure bidding exists, but loosing a bid, gives you more gold to bid next time and earn gold. If you join a good clan you can do clan runs and rotate the drops without bidding.

36 minutes ago, Dagorath said:

If it is possible, would you tell me how is the open world pvp, arena pvp, open world interaction with players, clans to do pve and pvp content at this game? The reason I ask these questions because I couldn't find any 2021 videos about current state of the Blade and Soul for EU region

open world pvp is dead. Doesnt exist anymore. Area is equalized gear but not really worth doing.

37 minutes ago, Dagorath said:

Most of the time in the previous years' videos on the youtube, players who are quit always have said "Blade and Soul is very p2w game with gold buyers, gold sellers or items on the marketplace with NC coins etc which EU region server is very dead with very low active population, so only one server is left in Blade and Soul EU region".

Thus, what is the current state of the Blade and Soul in EU region, and how it might be changed at 8th September patch with Unreal Engine 4 update? thank you very much.

the game is not p2w persay. you can get everything in game with time investment. But using money gives you a lot of shortcuts.

We arent psychic to know what will change after september 8. Might be nothing, might be a lot.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 4:11 PM, Grimoir said:

the game is not p2w persay. you can get everything in game with time investment. But using money gives you a lot of shortcuts.

We arent psychic to know what will change after september 8. Might be nothing, might be a lot.

What do you mean persay? Do you mean it's actually pay2win persay but people can decide to grind eternally?

On 8/28/2021 at 8:30 PM, Lunashiro said:

What do you mean persay? Do you mean it's actually pay2win persay but people can decide to grind eternally?

The whole problem of p2w is that there is no clear definition what p2w means. Due to this people trend to bend it as progress to win, or pay walls, etc..

There is only one description of pay to win

By using real money to buy items which give advantage over others.

But where do you write the line? What does "advantage over other" means ?
Back in the time, p2w was if you could buy those "legendary items" with +999 stats, which were not achievable by any other means in game than real money Shop.

Today people call p2w even if you can buy VIP that give you 10% exp gain...
(Oh this guy have 1 level more, if he didn't have VIP he would be my level and I could win) 

WRONG! a person who can invest 12 hours/day to game will have more advantage over somebody who plays 1 hour, yes there was no real money involved..or wait, was there? Better job=more money =´better PC = better ping and FPS = more dps, no family/hobby = more time to play = advnatage

Where do you draw the line? The answer is nowhere, you can not define p2w, but people are too lazy and uncaring to even read a references, they will watch 10 min YouTube review of "is it worth playing" then they hear "pay to win" and they leave with comment "I will not bother with this game"

BnS:
When you start fresh you will be most likely in very very bad position, no items, no material, no golds.
There are call to arms events 4 times to year which can make you lower tier gear (with this gear you can access 70% game content)
With C2A gear you can easily farm mid tier gear to access 90% of game content, while you continue to farm and upgrade from mid tier to high tier it will take you several weeks/up to half year to reach it.
End game gear is unachievable purely as F2P, only if you have very good friends/guild to carry you through last dung/last raid to provide you with necessary material. You can possibly try to pug it, but there is about 20-30% items in game that are locked behind progress walls, such as Soul which needs about 160-300 oils, but you only get 4 per week, while by paying you can get more through RNG boxes during some events.
- To answer the final quesiton, is BnS p2w? most likely yes, do you need to pay to play ? no, only if you want to progress last raid or play 6V6 pvp and due to how game works, once you reach high end gear there is not much difference between end game gear, you will 1-3 shot most people based on class once they dont dodge/block your skill. So end game gear is more like flex where you do 50mil dps instead of 25mil, but to clear content you only need 8 ...