HELP - ACT XI CHAPTER 5 (STUCK) HEAVEN'S BREACH - Defeat the Grand Master Hong Imposter

fiberguygaming

Hi Team, please help...

I am unable to progress in the main story and it seems bugged and stuck.

When I track my story, it brings me to Kangsan in Dasari Palace (North Guard Post) - Windstride with Jinbin and Lusung back to Heaven's Reach...

Then it gets stuck after I do the following:

Open the game > Go to Dasari's Palace  > Talk to NPC Kangsan > Select "yes, let's go" (teleport to heaven's breach) > Talk to Jinbin (Teleport to heaven's reach) > Find others > then I stand next to Jinsoyun and Grandmaster Hong and nothing happens....

unknown.png

1 hour ago, fiberguygaming said:

Hi Team, please help...

I am unable to progress in the main story and it seems bugged and stuck.

When I track my story, it brings me to Kangsan in Dasari Palace (North Guard Post) - Windstride with Jinbin and Lusung back to Heaven's Reach...

Then it gets stuck after I do the following:

Open the game > Go to Dasari's Palace  > Talk to NPC Kangsan > Select "yes, let's go" (teleport to heaven's breach) > Talk to Jinbin (Teleport to heaven's reach) > Find others > then I stand next to Jinsoyun and Grandmaster Hong and nothing happens....

unknown.png

just leave Jinsoyun alone and let her play with that Hong Wannabe and run for the Training Area of Heavens Reach, there should be the next target for you.

Hi Yes.  Multiple times.  When I relog it puts me back in Dasari Palace in front of Kangsan.  I teleport again and nothing happens with Jinsoyun and Hong.  I also tried to jumping off the cliffs and dying then hitting 4 and still nothing happens... then i tried to run to the training area without triggering "Find Others" by wall running the side and still nothing.  I think the problem is I have to fight Yunma Kahn again maybe?  I don't know if my quest can be walked back far enough but when I talk to Kangsan.. I teleport to Heaven's Breach.. and even though I already beat Yunma Kahn... when I talk to him.. he says "it's an honor to face me" instead of telling me good job for beating him....  The yellow arrow is on Jinbin so i talk and teleport to heaven's reach and nothing happens at all... I completed "find others" by running up the stairs but then nothing happens with Jinsoyun and Hong.. game stuck.

Hi Phoenix, thank you so much for responding.  yes, I have completed a file repair, and I have also submitted a ticket to support on Jan 26 2021 at 12:11pm pst - here is what the friendly GM responded with...

GM AutumnWind (Blade and Soul)

Jan 26, 2021, 17:45 PST

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting the Blade and Soul Support Team.

Regarding your concern, please follow the steps below in order to proceed with your quest:

Close the game while on Chapter 5: Heaven's Breach Step 7:Windstride with Jinbin and Lusung back to Heaven's Reach > Open the game > Go to Heaven's Reach  > Talk to NPC Kangsan > Talk to Jinbin

If the issue still persists, please let us know in order for us to further investigate.

This did not work and then I received this response...

GM AutumnWind (Blade and Soul)

Jan 27, 2021, 17:34 PST

Hello,

Thanks for the update.

This is a known issue and we are currently looking into a resolution, at this time. Unfortunately, we do not have an exact time frame as to when this will be addressed, but you can visit our official forums and/or website for more updates about this issue.

Forums: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/en/

Also, we won't be able to restart your quest due to tool limitations. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to contact us again.

GM AutumnWind is great but I haven't seen anyone else post about this problem and my thread keeps getting deleted in the bug reports and now I am installing the game on a different computer to try it.

Character name is "Bright As" on Yura server.  Sorry for long post.

Hi Team.  I reinstalled the game and then let the full video play out without hitting escape (skipping) and was finally able to pass the mission.

For some odd reason, Hong wasn't transforming before but after a full reinstall, it works now.  Thanks so much.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

well well ... looks like this is well known issue and the development team is still looking for a solution.

shame of you guys to call yourself Game Masters ! ! ! but thank you for "understanding how important is for us to progress in our quests" (GM Taywong).

the previous guy mail is 5 monds old and you still looking for solution even when i asked you to revert my quest back ? 

GM Pyriel (Blade and Soul)

May 5, 2021, 21:52 PDT

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Blade & Soul Support Team!

This is a known issue and we are currently looking into a resolution, at this time. Unfortunately, we do not have an exact time frame as to when this will be addressed, but you can visit our official forums and/or website for more updates about this issue.

Forums: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/en/

Thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Regards,

GM Pyriel
NCSOFT Support Team

• 2 months later...

So, heres how you fix it guys!:) (in case anyone still needs a quick help + this page pops up on google when you search for this bug)

If you using multi tool or buddy or w/e. Go to your extras or modpolice and turn on the cutscenes. I uninstalled the cut scene removal just in case. Then you can restart your game.
Once you teleport to Heavens Reach, you walk towards the yellow mark and watch the cutscene. Then dont attack the boss because JinS has to kill it.(it might bug if you do, also migh bug if you run from the start because sometimes your too fast for this game lol)
Then you can keep going and do w/e you want. 
For future bugs try what I just said and dont rush it too much because it might bug like that with the future content too. 
Good Luck! Hopefully I helped someone 😄

p.s. i wish nc soft paid us for helping each other with their bugs more than they do. Been playing this game since I was 15(im 21 now) and I've seen some confusing ass bugs that I had to resolve myself or through research(thank god i speak more than one language and had friends who could speak also more than one language)

Edited by MoeSempai
Blows my mind that we get 0 help from ncsoft support team
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1