Any plans to move our current server around or back to Texas?

Ylkrad

Not bashing anyone here, no benefit for berating, but wasn't Texas pretty central, where our new server is somewhere at the outer edge of the united states, too many people have suffered less stable and higher average pings even with GPN/VPN services, outright killing many classes, specs or even playing altogether. My wind kfm is doing 4mil dps, rotation struggles to reset wind gyre- in F12, where wolf is hitting 11mil with AWS ( higher if ping was more forgiving- sitting at low 110's~280) Why didn't this get tested with the community for a week to a month, get feedback on how the population see's or feels about the migration.

I just want to know if there are any second thoughts for the server to move again for the players enjoyment, this is a player who lives in California, not overseas. Please reconsider the migration back to central Texas, or somewhere to allow everyone in the NA region to have a better play experience and response time with your product. I can't speak for people in the EU server, was too high for me to even try.

Please open a poll sometime in the future to see the player base being happy with the migration or felt left in the dark with the sudden change with no input on discussion or reasoning on your end.

Edited by Ylkrad
added stuff

They lose more income with unhappy customers, barring performance and content- not being able to play what you used to or at all is just guaranteed to reduce the income for the game.  If they moved to AWS but kept the server in the middle of the united states, that would give NA players at least as fair of a chance to play optimal as possible, but move it? If they wanted to bring in more revenue to keep the server up, add incentives to support the game beyond the casual cash shop. Looking back at the sales numbers after this quarter should hopefully give them a red flag to do something about the location at least. 

As many players that are unhappy with the server move, the same are happy, its a simple trade off, dont see too much issues there asside from the fact those that had worse ping before have better now and vice versa.

You need to understand they also run a business. Looking at revenues and cutting costs is what literally every company does, i do not see what is so suprising here.

The servers will very very likely not move. Simply because of the costs and the contracts they have in place.

2 minutes ago, Ylkrad said:

I had to give up my main spec I had for years cause of the move.

And which spec was that? You need to keep in mind they will be making business decisions regardless how players get affected. If any company actually cared for that they would not be able to do anything.

I loved wind and geared up for wind kfm- I was wind after the elemental split and got my holy fire badge. not being able to even do a comfortable rotation of a cyclone kick a sec is just not fun, in game macro even struggles, wolf is abit more forgiving but even then you cant pull off large combo's that the current best in slot badge have really. i'm one of their whales and its just hard to justify putting money in the game, when you cant really play the game.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Grimoir said:

As many players that are unhappy with the server move, the same are happy, its a simple trade off, dont see too much issues there asside from the fact those that had worse ping before have better now and vice versa.

You need to understand they also run a business. Looking at revenues and cutting costs is what literally every company does, i do not see what is so suprising here.

The servers will very very likely not move. Simply because of the costs and the contracts they have in place.

I fail to see how this is a simple trade off, or how an equal number of players benefited and lost with the move. Even acknowledging unequal distribution of player base, with the coasts having the majority of player, the move only benefited players on the east coast while it hurt players from central to west. Even for players that did not see the physical distance to the new server change considerably (I am in that camp) the connection and stability is still worse. That just means less people happy with the state of the game. Less happy people results in less paying customers. There were quite a few people that quit with the servers being moved and still more that are taking a break from the game from lack of incentive to play when there is no new interesting content and the old content is less enjoyable to play with less stable connection. As such, the move was not a good long-term investment, even if it is cheaper to maintain the servers in the short term.

6 hours ago, huynhtu6633 said:

Please dont move back to Texas let me quit. Thank you!!

Again, I ask, where'd they move the server too? East Coast? West Coast? I use WTFast and I can direct it to choose a server in their network closer to the server which will help with my ugly ping issues.