This Looting System Doe

AgentKinsu

This looting system reminds me of life.  If your poor and weak you stay that way because the rich will take everything even if they don't need it. You will eventually get stronger but never as fast as the rich. I just returned to playing this game, even purchased the yearly membership. Been having a need to play an MMO and I wish I would have chosen a different game. I just found out that if you make to much gold-selling items in the auction house you get a commission charge too. So I have to pay to list the item and give up two cuts when I sell the item. My mind has melted. When I first started playing this game, it was not like that. Second, the game is super toxic against weaker players. If your attack is not above 2k, you will get kicked left and right from dungeons. When I returned, took me 7 hours just to do daily because of being kicked. I went online and started watching some beginner guides and got my attack up by whaling purchasing a bundle package from the shop that sold a soul and some other equips that helped me greatly. Now my attack is now 1.4k now so I am not getting kicked as much. Just some advice, I do understand some bosses have a DPS check so I get it. If your party has 4 to 5 carries already, let the weak one or ones tag along so they can get stronger too. Just saying 

My real problem is with the loot system. They gotta fix it. You already cant sell most items on the market place let alone any rare equips so why not make it fair and let the entire party get a loot box where there's a chance to get the rare items the boss drops. I went all the way to 250 gold for a ring and still did not get it because someone bid 520 for it. You might as well give all items to the richest player. An the funny part about it, he had one equipped already! 

I am going to suck it up and play through my yearly membership but after that, I'm done. I can't do this. I play games to escape life not to be reminded of it while playing. I know I can't be the first person complaining about this.

The way the loot system works now is far betetr than what you are suggesting. Simply because while yes you did not get it for 250g, you made a profit from the other players money, that is one of the gold sources in the game, a far better one than daily or weekly quests.

You can easily make nice amounts of gold and then buy it for even cheaper than 250g.

Naw I don't agree at all, I truly think you missed the whole point I was making. It's only better for players who have money. When I first started playing this game, it took 4 months just to see one leg drop from farming dungeons and still got out bided. Yea I make gold on the back end from the bids but its nothing compared to getting the equips and getting stronger so players will allow you to join them in raids. Legs are super rare to see because the drop rate suck hence only players with the most money can get them. 

The standard way players get the legendary drops is by running the dungeon 100 times for the achievement, then simply buying the item with cores from the NPC merchant in Mushins Tower. It's not ideal, but it's better than only being able to achieve them in dungeon. Other games have low drop rates and then let players "roll the dice" to see who gets it. That's even more cancer in a sense because the "losers" don't get anything that way. It took me two years in another game to get an item I saw drop 12-15 times just because my rng was so bad. BNS has a lot of problems, but the loot system is not one of them (though the drop rates do suck).

If they were to implement a "everyone gets a drop" kind of system, the rates would likely be even more abysmal.

As for the issue with people not wanting to carry in F8, you can blame NCSoft for that. Dailies have barely even been worth running since they implemented "ez" mode. With reduced rewards and no incentive to do mechanics, "ez" mode dungeons are nothing but braindead dps for the most part. Shields on bosses WC and up have artificially inflated the dps required to burn them down. With no real incentive to do the dungeons let alone the mechanics, people are just going to want high dps for anything H0 and up to get the runs over with as fast as possible.

When you start a game you work your way up. It's not about hitting lvl 60 then doing all of the content instantly. I came back after a long break and farmed IF through Drowning Deeps for a month straight because I did not have the gear to farm up to BC which was the brand new dungeon at that time. It sucks, but that's how it is when the developer chooses not to keep the starter gear withing a reasonable distance of endgame gear.

• Like 1

Killiefish

I would be fine with the loot system if the drop rates were better. I would have no complaints. I am just returning so I am seeing how difficult it is for a new player to start this game first hand. You almost have to p2w in the beginning or land in a good guild where people will help you.

When I quit BNS, it was because the upgrades on the equips were crazy (Not so bad anymore). I spent a year farming the same dungeon over and over and never got the ring when it did drop because I was always outbid. So I said screw it and quit. That was back in 2017. The funny thing is now that ring is given for free in the story mode...

I personally feel that they still need to add that box where every player gets a chance to get the boss loot. They can keep the current looting system, just add that box. That would help all players, new and old to have a chance to get the boss items. Not spend years or months farming just to see it and get out bided.  Even if the box has a horrible drop rate, at least there's still a chance. 

All legendary drops that aren't best in slot have a higher drop rate than the best in slot items (sovereign accessories) by a pretty large margin.

And they are also given out during a bunch of events, aswell as them not requiring the 100 run achievement to be available for purchase at Jinsorei for

100 Hellion cores or 200 Imperial Cores.

As for the best in slot items, they still require 100 runs, but people gotten used to just grinding that out quickly in the first few weeks

and the items also need materials to upgrade them to max, so you more or less cover that part by doing the dungeon 100 times.

Its not perfect, but its a whole lot better than the system we had in 2017 when we could only pray the boss would drop our legendary item finally.

I also think you are too focused on those legendary accesorries, if you need any help with gear progression come to BnS Academy Discord and we can give you advice.

Edited by luzt
  • Like 1