My perspective on Blade & Soul

LilithDragonFlower

I don't like talking down to developers, or a company, but from a returning players experience I feel this game is still really "T**sh"

Don't get me wrong the story is great, whomever did the story, and the artwork is awesome, the music isn't bad either.

But the issue with this game...

- Community is toxic / elitist as hell

- This could be because I think people make alts to run dungeons for dailys on and swap off so they just want to do as fast as possible.

- Make dungeon  runs unlimited, give more options to premium members, its annoying having to run alts to play with other players.

- Dungeon Resets, enter a random group, leave the group because someone kills the boss before you even get in, and suddenly you can't even do the dungeon again so you can complete quests, this happened in two dungeons (Never completed them) but the game says I did, and zero quest credits :\..

The loading times are horrid, on a PC i7-6700k, with 32GB OF RAM, 1080TI, and game is on an SSD, there is no reason it should take as long as it does to load between zones its poorly optimized.

People recommend I download a 3rd party application / launcher called BnS Buddy, but I don't trust the application because it launches a command line and doesn't show me everything its running or going to run in the command line, not granting that crap admin permissions just like I quit BnS when Game Guard was active in the game because that ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ is malware.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb LilithDragonFlower:

- Community is toxic

There many good and easy reasons for this: 

• Game devs & our publisher ignore most of the feedback no matter where
  • false promisses & informations in patchnotes and/or streams, 
  • the game optimization 
  • bugs and other issues 
  • server performance & random disconnects
  • the need of alt charakters to be somehow "competitive" 
  • the ingame economy is horrible because some items are nerfed into the ground to make more money through F10/trove/rng boxes. (without this stuff the game would NEVER be able to generate enough stuff for everyone).
  • P2W stuff (or whatever you want to call it)
  • cost "adjustments" which resulted in increases compared to before (for example new crafting)

I could continue the list more but i think thats enough for now.^^ And sure you said the other reason: "elitist as hell".

- Make dungeon  runs unlimited

They are already "unlimited" you can run nearly every dungeon in this game how much you want.

- Dungeon Resets, enter a random group, leave the group because someone kills the boss before you even get in, and suddenly you can't even do the dungeon again so you can complete quests, this happened in two dungeons (Never completed them) but the game says I did, and zero quest credits :\..

Easy solution for you. :)

dont use this option:

4FQedzR.png

Don't get me wrong the story is great, whomever did the story, and the artwork is awesome, the music isn't bad either.

Its is. Definitely! Even the combat system very nice and all... but the other things i posted above are the main reasons why A LOT people left the game.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...

I myself just left the game after only 3 days playing.  I was really enjoying it until I found out the in-game store is driven by pure greed and you cannot transfer non--character bound items between low level characters.  I bought an outfit for one of my characters because it said "Useable on all characters" and when I tried to use it on a second character I couldn't.  Totally misleading item description.  I ended up having to buy the outfit a second time which is just stupid (on my part) but I like my low level characters to look good or there is no point in playing for me.  After asking the community (and getting some rude answers in among the helpful ones) I discovered NCSoft really don't have a clue what they are doing.  I suppose that's why there are only two servers for this game (one NA and one EU).  Not being able to share a bought outfit between characters is absolutely ridiculous likewise not having some kind of shared storage is equally player-unfriendly.  As usualy with most software houses they don't care about player enjoyment they just want their money.

Edited by Kalisha Calayne

4 hours ago, Kalisha Calayne said:

I myself just left the game after only 3 days playing.  I was really enjoying it until I found out the in-game store is driven by pure greed and you cannot transfer non--character bound items between low level characters.  I bought an outfit for one of my characters because it said "Useable on all characters" and when I tried to use it on a second character I couldn't.  Totally misleading item description.  I ended up having to buy the outfit a second time which is just stupid (on my part) but I like my low level characters to look good or there is no point in playing for me.  After asking the community (and getting some rude answers in among the helpful ones) I discovered NCSoft really don't have a clue what they are doing.  I suppose that's why there are only two servers for this game (one NA and one EU).  Not being able to share a bought outfit between characters is absolutely ridiculous likewise not having some kind of shared storage is equally player-unfriendly.  As usualy with most software houses they don't care about player enjoyment they just want their money.

ah, I remember you from world chat:D

Yea, it would be great if you could transfer skins between characters for free. Maybe it will come true, there have been many good changes lately. But now you have to carefuly choose which skin you get to which character.

Also the description talks about races and genders, that's why it's equipable by all.

18 hours ago, Kalisha Calayne said:

I'm fairly sure you can transfer all outfits with stamps tho?

• Like 1

• Green Storm changed the title to My perspective on Blade & Soul

The suits can really be traded but they ask you for some items that you buy in f10 in the hcoin tab and they are free of course if you are premium in general I agree with you, I have always said that this game has great potential for me they ended up destroying the game with so much p2w they got very greedy and if they don't fix this fast they will end up destroying the game.