Enlightened Jewels...

StrykersGaming

...not allowed to upgrade Grand Celestial Earrings/Rings?

Imagine my surprise when I tried to upgrade my GC earring from stage 1 to stage 3 to find out that only the Legendary Jewels can upgrade my earring? I had none. I converted them all to Enlightened Jewels. Please tell me this is a "mistake" and not "miscommunication and is intended." However, somehow I believe it is the latter than the former because they do not specifically mention GC ring/earring here: Blade & Ghoul – Items and Systems Preview.

Like the GC weapon and upgrade reduction costs, they infer the Enlightened Jewels are usable because ALL the other accessories are mentioned.

@Cyan care to explain this one away to us? Or will you remain silent, have your CC staff merge this post with something else to hide it and NOT answer? That is your SOP is it not?

dnc6VHJ.png

Well.. I don't know why you're surprised. Article you've linked says:
"Enlightened Jewels and Elements will be replacing existing Legendary Jewels and Elements when upgrading the following items: Earring: Skybreak, Skypearl/Apex, Ring: Skybreak, Skyshatter/Inheritor"

Do you see GC acc listed anywhere? They did that to make lower level accessories cheaper to upgrade as they will require 2/3 less jewels in general. GC acc are still top level legendary gear so I would not expect them to be made cheaper any time soon.

Reason they don't mention anything about GC accessories is because you are NOT supposed to upgrade them with enlighten jewels. Enlighten jewels are ONLY for low end gear to help low level players to gear up. They are not for upgrading end game gear. No errors here. That article is quite accurate, it only says what you CAN upgrade with those jewels. Anything that is not in that list, are not meant to be upgraded.

1 hour ago, StrykerGaming said:

While, I appreciate your input, I am waiting on 'TPTB' to answer. Thank you.

There is nothing to answer for them the answer is in that article you linked yourself as was already pointed out. Enlightened Jewels are only for old gear to make them cheaper it's working as intended and nothing will change about it. The only issue here is your reading comprehension, "Enlightened Jewels and Elements will be replacing existing Legendary Jewels and Elements when upgrading the following items:" obviously that means that they can't be used on everything not on that list.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cor said:

There is nothing to answer for them the answer is in that article you linked yourself as was already pointed out. Enlightened Jewels are only for old gear to make them cheaper it's working as intended and nothing will change about it. The only issue here is your reading comprehension, "Enlightened Jewels and Elements will be replacing existing Legendary Jewels and Elements when upgrading the following items:" obviously that means that they can't be used on everything not on that list.

Do you make it a habit to insult people?

42 minutes ago, StrykerGaming said:

Do you make it a habit to insult people?

I don't think he's insulting you. Maybe he was slightly mean, but he's right. I'm afraid you missunderstood what the new jewels were for, but in the article it stated correctly what those were for. Maybe you can ask support to revert them back to legendary Jewels for you. NCSoft is lately making many mistakes to be blamed for, but in this case, I'm afraid it's only on your side.

Edited by Toshiwoshi