Whats the point of the event baits?

Arohk

Just a questions to the developers of the Fishing event,

what is the point of the "Event" Baits ?

tzOGZaX.jpg

It says it has a higher chance of catching rare fishes, but i see no difference to the normal baits, is the increased chance so marginal? then why do we only get one of them from the event dungeon, i picked the 100 stack of them from the trove and only got one or two blue fishes with them.

Shouldn't they be used to catch these event currency fishes instead of normal fishes?

kwVCA4g.jpg

I don't think this was thought-out entirely.

If fishing had achievements like "complete fish pokedex", "gold medal all grey rarity", "gold medal all white rarity", etc with titles/unlocks/one time rewards  the bait might be more desirable/entertaining.

On the other hand, adding more stuff to a system thats kind of sketchy is a bad idea

So, maybe if they add an auto fishing feature ingame, we'll see the fishing system fleshed out in a more engaging way.

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

If i compare these purple baits to the others, i get a lot more gold medal fishes with the event ones than compared to the other baits.

perhaps, but they will be gone soon,  my point was they are essentially useless and the low amount you were getting of them should have been used to catch more event token fishes, sorry i don't know their English name.

This would have also made more people use fishing in the first place, i find it pretty boring and only did enough to buy some oils from the merchant, but that's the nature of this activity.

Edited by Arohk