Upgrade Materials outside of daily quests and dungeons

Viblo

Since account-bound upgrade materials were introduced in Blade & Soul 3.0 - Secrets of the Stratus, obtaining the needed items to upgrade your gear has been heavily locked behind dungeons and daily quests in the form of Daily Challenge. I can't help but think that's a major part of the reason why people take extended breaks or outright quit the game. Everyone knows Blade & Soul have some intense grind in the game, and although that can be fine, I think it's a lot less unforgivable when there's a constant need to log in each and every single day to keep your equipment on a level enough to participate in all of the game's content. The global magazine "PC Gamer" talks about this very issue in certain games here.

To alleviate that, I think it would be great if Soulstone Crystals, Sacred Crystals, Moonstone Crystals, and Elysian Crystals would be made more available in open-world content with repetitive quests and no RNG. I previously made a post about that where I narrowed the options down to just Moon Refuge (which I still think would be the best place to implement this), but at this point, I'd take anything. If I feel like taking two days off playing Blade & Soul and not having the constant pressure of missing out on my daily quests, I'd be incredibly happy having the option to play for more hours and simply grind materials and make up for the lost time.

Additionally, by allowing for more open-world content, players would stay in parties for longer than in dungeons and thus might encourage more communication between players - something this game desperately needs.

To be honest i have my doubts it would encourage more party play, i mean damage currently is way more than most open world can handle and most people just want to get things over with minimal effort, it would likely end up as another SSP spin-off xD

But i would ask myself arent there already currently more than enough places to get the upgrade materials?

- Celestial basin (best place to farm them so far, wouldnt mind if the same pouches get added to moon refuge)

- Mushin Floor 15

- Arena

- Battlegrounds (given its for the geared players)

- Dungeons

- MSP which is a literal gold mine of materials.

you are talking about open world with repetitive quests...you have Basin for peaches which have quests there and mobs killed over there also drop the chests....so its kinda basically what you were asking for,

In all fairness but i think personally at least doing daily challenges for the upgrade crystals is completely not worth it, the solar energies from it have more worth, so maybe increase the amount a bit more for it to be worth doing.

I am all for some extra ways to get them but i do think open world is a bad choice for it. they could double / tripple the amounts you get from hard modes to provide incentive to run them. they could increase the amounts in newer normal mode dungeons to provide an incentive to run them more over older content, they could add pouches to fishing merchant.

Idk overall i think getting the upgrade materials is much much easier compared to what it used to be, there are other materials which could be made more accessible tho, which are also essential to upgrading.

vor 3 Stunden schrieb Grimoir:

But i would ask myself arent there already currently more than enough places to get the upgrade materials?

Zitat

- Celestial basin (best place to farm them so far, wouldnt mind if the same pouches get added to moon refuge)

Highly depends on the quest you get and i wouldnt consider CB as best place, one pouch still costs 500 peaches and they have (at least for me) bad droprates for moonstone and elysian crystals

Zitat

- Mushin Floor 15

Loocked behind to many loading screens, you waste 10x more time at the loading screens then to actualy clear 13,14,15. Also you need tickets for 13th floor which are only obtainable at floor 13 and 14. I have 3 left from formaly over 30.
Its still the only PVE place where you can get moonstone crystals. but honestly, DST or BC would be faster than Naksun with his 100 loadingscreens. 

Zitat

- Arena
- Battlegrounds (given its for the geared players)

You need to do pvp what many players dont like for many reasons already mentioned here in the forums. For example one 10 FMs or BDs  or Sums or... all from same account in the top 50 ranking.
BG is pure p2w in my opinnion cause you can buy an advantage over other players and get higher - max gear in not time with money (Trove / RNG Boxes, etc) what casual players cant get without long time of farming. 

Zitat

- Dungeons

worthwhile are only TSM upwards and i'll guess you know what ppl require for these dungeons, so nothing for new or lower geared players

Zitat

- MSP which is a literal gold mine of materials.

The only realy worthwhile source (at least on weekend). Anyway worth are only stage 1-3 cause you need keys to open up the chest of stage 4-6 and you need moonstone crystals to buy these keys since you only get 4 keys from the quest. 
I have 300+ chestsm of each stage 4, 5 and 6. I guess i never could open them (would be 1200+ moonstone crystals + 1200+ gold) and moonstone crystals are still an rng drop, so its not save you will get them back. And for me moonstone crystals are the most rare ressource while i have plenty of all other crystals.
The 1 gold for the key is ok, I even would pay 2 or 3 gold for a key, when i dont need moonstone crystals to buy them

There are plenty of ways to add some material sources, for example the Solo Dungeons. Let the bosses random drop elysian or moonstone crystals instead of spamming the player inventory with naryu coins, which no one realy need.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Merlin DE said:

There are plenty of ways to add some material sources, for example the Solo Dungeons. Let the bosses random drop elysian or moonstone crystals instead of spamming the player inventory with naryu coins, which no one realy need.

Oh right, forgot about the solo ones, but yeah they could add them there aswel.

Highly depends on the quest you get and i wouldnt consider CB as best place, one pouch still costs 500 peaches and they have (at least for me) bad droprates for moonstone and elysian crystals

Once you accumulate 10k, the quests you get are almost always 400-500+ peaches each so it isnt that bad. Last i opened over 200+ pouches the moonstone / elysian rates come down to approx 30-40% so it isnt all that bad, i still think Basin and MSP are the best places to famr materials.

worthwhile are only TSM upwards and i'll guess you know what ppl require for these dungeons, so nothing for new or lower geared players

Well it depends how you look at it, if you are just sitting in f8 waiting to join some geared party then yes, but there is literally nothing stopping you in making your own group with your own requirements.

I agree on the ky costs from MSP, it should just require gold or just the stones not materials that are basically needed.

Yet still, i wouldnt really add the materials to much more places as there is enough currently and with the already done reduction in costs its in a good place., maybe we should go the other way around and reduce a tiny bit some of the upgrade costs a little bit more, that should help more.