I think it is time for VT necklace to get a cost reduction

Kozuki

1) VT raid is easy now. Not completely faceroll regardless of DPS like BT, but still faceroll with good enough DPS. People only get VT necklace at stage 1 as placeholder until they get Prophecy, which is best-in-slot even with ET necklace.

2) VT necklace is outperformed by Prophecy Necklace. Granted the latter require a bit of grind, but its costs are much cheaper for better performance. And it can be grinded solo (cuz it can only be soloed), not need a group like VT necklace.

VT necklace cost: 6 PTS, 60 HQ wings, 1560 soul, 360 moon, 680 sacred, 240 ely, 1 pristine oil

Prophey necklace cost (no crux): x2 PTS, 21 onyx scales, 975 soul, 285 moon, 690 sacred, 180 ely, 1 pristine oil

A Skybreak accessory: 3 PTS, 60 BT feather, 780 soul, 180 moon, 340 sacred, 120 ely, 1 pristine oil.

Using this event:

-A SKybreak accessory: 3 dragon tokens.

-A VT necklace: 6 dragon tokens!

So why an item that is easy to get, perform worse and no one wants costs much more expensive than an item that everyone want? It is like you try to deter people from bother upgrading it, and give yourself an excuse to laugh at who made the mistake.

3) No one actually wants to upgrade VT neck, including me. However, there are still people with stage 4+ neck in old days that want upgrade the neck for the sake of a blue crux for TT accessories (ET neck is a fraud, don't bother). But the cost is too high that it is better to just non-crux breakthrough TT accessories instead, thus make the investment in VT necklace a completely waste. And cruxes are made for exactly the opposite.

Edited by Kozuki

59 minutes ago, Kozuki said:

3) No one actually wants to upgrade VT neck, including me. However, there are still people with stage 4+ neck in old days that want upgrade the neck for the sake of a blue crux for TT accessories (ET neck is a fraud, don't bother). But the cost is too high that it is better to just non-crux breakthrough TT accessories instead, thus make the investment in VT necklace a completely waste. And cruxes are made for exactly the opposite.

ET neck is actually better than prophecy necklace for  certain classes, so they have to get it if they want to maximize their dps.

Il y a 3 heures, Grimoir a dit :

ET neck is actually better than prophecy necklace for  certain classes, so they have to get it if they want to maximize their dps.

Even still it's actually a simple placeholder for a few of the concerned classes. Shadow WL is better off with ET necklace until they get to very end gear, which they'd profit more from Prophecy at that point.

Only classes using it at endgame are Blade Dancer, Destroyer and Assassin. To not help, aside from Blade Dancer, the other 2 remaining classes were performing poorly in the solo turtle parsing (the kind of one that we just got last event) which let you wonder that they might even be better off with Prophecy as well instead of ET. (tho Destro is 10% on cleaves and 8% on galeforces, while Sin is 5% on heart stabs/lightning rods/death from below)

On 5/18/2019 at 7:57 AM, Kozuki said:

-A SKybreak accessory: 3 dragon tokens.

-A VT necklace: 6 dragon tokens!

So why not make the Prophecy Neck 8-9 dragon tokens w/ability to use event tokens for its upgrade -- same for gloves.  Certainly would make the game more interesting.

If they want to help people level up their gear for later dungeons, why not include current content (including use for TT gear).  More than once I've seen people requiring celestial gear for some group or another.  

5 hours ago, Astarae said:

So why not make the Prophecy Neck 8-9 dragon tokens w/ability to use event tokens for its upgrade -- same for gloves.  Certainly would make the game more interesting.

If they want to help people level up their gear for later dungeons, why not include current content (including use for TT gear).  More than once I've seen people requiring celestial gear for some group or another.  

Because TT gear and Prophecy necklace are still BiS gear....it would make no sense to make them part of the event...

14 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Because TT gear and Prophecy necklace are still BiS gear....it would make no sense to make them part of the event...

Yes it would.  Because it is what many people need.  Bis gear, smish gear.  I don't care, I don't want to keep falling further and further behind.  You are welcome to use your alternate gear you are such a fan of, but don't put your trips on others, cuz i for one don't like it.  Your reasoning is pathological.  Your reasons don't apply to other people so stop acting like they do.

12 minutes ago, Astarae said:

Yes it would.  Because it is what many people need.  Bis gear, smish gear.  I don't care, I don't want to keep falling further and further behind.  You are welcome to use your alternate gear you are such a fan of, but don't put your trips on others, cuz i for one don't like it.  Your reasoning is pathological.  Your reasons don't apply to other people so stop acting like they do.

So my logical reasoning is pathological? You make no sense, first off the event is meant for players to catch up, the players which are most behind. Not having upgraded BiS gear, but having it is not falling behind, falling behind is trying to upgrade BT level gear which others are much further down the upgrade / gear line. Masking TT gear / Prophecy part of the event would completely dismount the purpose of the event to help newer players catch up, as they would be the ones falling much further behind. But i guess common sense aint to common.

44 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

So my logical reasoning is pathological? You make no sense, first off the event is meant for players to catch up, the players which are most behind.

Oh?...I got that it was for players to catch up, and since I usually need equipment 25-50% better than norm I'm very far behind.  Every clan I've been in so far tells me I should be doing 2-3x the damage I do.  So to catch up,  I need equipment that does 2-3x what I do now.  If that isn't far behind, I don't know what is.

44 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Not having upgraded BiS gear,

It's not the gear, its what you can do with it it.  If you need high level gear to stay even with the Jones, that's what one needs, just because you don't get that doesn't invalidate it.  Everything else you say is about some specific level of gear rather than where you are at with it.  So until I'm at the level where I can get those items advanced and items like the blood attire as easily as others, I'm very far behind.  

I don't have the neck or glove, as there's no way to do those quests in a group, so they fail the accessibility test.  As far as TT gear, most claim the weapon is outdone by aransu 9 until cg gets to 6, so from the start, one is behind.  But I've been waiting to find some clan that isn't messed up for over a year at aransu 9.   When ET came out I tried to get people to come and explore and try it out w/me, and I got kicked from the clan cuz they didn't want to do it because the videos on how to do the mechs hadn't come out yet and they didn't want to go and get killed  and they thought trying a dungeon they weren't ready for was pointless.  No I need to go and wait my turn doing auto-death dungeons with DPS gates I can't touch.

I couldn't participate in the last event cuz I wasn't high enough, and neither in this one because I'm not low enough.  Do you realize how lame that sounds?  

30 minutes ago, Astarae said:

Oh?...I got that it was for players to catch up, and since I usually need equipment 25-50% better than norm I'm very far behind.  Every clan I've been in so far tells me I should be doing 2-3x the damage I do.  So to catch up,  I need equipment that does 2-3x what I do now.  If that isn't far behind, I don't know what is.

Doing 2-3x thye dmaage you should doesnt necessairly mean gear is the issue, it can be ping, it can be rotation. Honestly it sounds like you are trying the wrong clans lol

34 minutes ago, Astarae said:

I don't have the neck or glove, as there's no way to do those quests in a group, so they fail the accessibility test.  As far as TT gear, most claim the weapon is outdone by aransu 9 until cg gets to 6, so from the start, one is behind.  But I've been waiting to find some clan that isn't messed up for over a year at aransu 9.   When ET came out I tried to get people to come and explore and try it out w/me, and I got kicked from the clan cuz they didn't want to do it because the videos on how to do the mechs hadn't come out yet and they didn't want to go and get killed  and they thought trying a dungeon they weren't ready for was pointless.  No I need to go and wait my turn doing auto-death dungeons with DPS gates I can't touch.

Neck i assume you mean prophecy necklace, well while i admit its a bit hard to get, depending on what class you are you can skip it for ET neck, and you can use VT neck which is second BiS after prophecy.

You need to get a good clan, not a hardcore-ish clan but a casual one that does raids but is not obsessed with them and that will already help you. I am interested to know what your gear is, cause i do not belive its as bad as you make it sound to be. TT gear is a joke to get right now especially with the ability to buy Steels at the CS merchant, while yes it takes grind and time its very doable with a very reasonable amount of time.

40 minutes ago, Astarae said:

I couldn't participate in the last event cuz I wasn't high enough, and neither in this one because I'm not low enough.  Do you realize how lame that sounds?  

Its not that lame when you think about it, i mean there will be events that target certain player groups, like the current that targets the lower geared ones so they can catch up to TT level and even VT in some cases.

On 5/20/2019 at 4:09 PM, Grimoir said:

Doing 2-3x thye dmaage you should doesnt necessairly mean gear is the issue, it can be ping, it can be rotation. Honestly it sounds like you are trying the wrong clans lol

Doing 2-3X damage isn't about the gear.  That was partly my point -- they can do more damage than me with the same gear.  I need a higher gear level to do the same damage as many people at a lower gear level because of other factors.  Almost all clans are the wrong clans because they are clans (cliques) with established rules and ways of doing things that usually don't fit everyone.

Neck i assume you mean prophecy necklace, well while i admit its a bit hard to get,

Considering I haven't made it through dogboy  :shy:, I have no idea what you mean :tired:

depending on what class you are you can skip it for ET neck, and you can use VT neck which is second BiS after prophecy.

I got kicked from last clan for trying to get a group to do ET w/me in first week it came out -- not because I was expecting to finish anything, but just explore and see how good/bad it was.  Got message in clan chat when I was in middle of a weekly run asking if I anyone might interested in a BT -- I said yes, but not just then -- would pulse when I got out.  When I did, maybe 20-30 minutes later, They said 'uh, we finished BT about 20 minutes ago and are just finishing up weeklies".

Oh...well that means you're free and can come explore ET w/me.  No answer....  I go on ... I suspect not, which means it's the perfect time to go check it out!....no response.... Then someone response that it is the latest content and much harder than even TT.  (I'd heard earlier in faction chat that ET wasn't as hard because it didn't have as much party-killing mechs or something like that -- dunno).  They said that I hadn't even run the VT w/them or TT at all and I wanted to do ET?   -- yeah, I just wanna go check it out and see what comes up and how far we get... and what it looks like.  So how bout it? Wanna go?  "You've been kicked from the clan".....

Just because they hadn't been able to memorize the mechs so they could lord it over those who can't memorize...rt...

You need to get a good clan, not a hardcore-ish clan but a casual one that does raids but is not obsessed with them and that will already help you.

I've yet to find such a beast...some said they "used to", but usually when I come in they don't have room and they want parses that I won't do because they are worthless to show how you do in the dungeon.  But only clans doing TT were hardcore enough to not want to help you if you hadn't already memorized the TT mechs and had the execution down perfectly (nothing wrong with that expectation, I 'm sure!).  

I am interested to know what your gear is, cause i do not belive its as bad as you make it sound to be. TT gear is a joke to get right now especially with the ability to buy Steels at the CS merchant, while yes it takes grind and time its very doable with a very reasonable amount of time.

I said above...the exact gear isn't the point -- its what I do w/it.  I could have all the Celest gear, but if I only perform at a VT level, that's it (that's an extreme example, BTW),  to do TT, I'd need something better to contribute on an equal level. 

I can show you my gear, but it won't make a difference, as you will advise me to do some other than what I can do that would work for you.  Nvrtheless...

I have two mains rt now -- my oldest is a gunner:

https://bnstree.com/character/na/Astará

While my younger main, which I tend to play more this year was a reason for getting kicked from a clan I'd been in for 8 months.  They got new leadership who didn't like me having my equipment and not being better than I was so didn't like me working on multiple characters when they felt I wasn't good enough on my first.  So they said mains only, and kicked my FM, but I told them I was playing my FM more...  But they wanted me on my gunner (not that they were using me in any raids) and told me it was too slow in making my choice, but I could make a choice then to quit the clan or be kicked and have a good life.  Ooph.  So that char is at:

https://bnstree.com/character/na/Astara FM

Its not that lame when you think about it, i mean there will be events that target certain player groups, like the current that targets the lower geared ones so they can catch up to TT level and even VT in some cases.

It is lame when my oldest character had been waiting for TT for over a year but kept being locked out because my DPS wasn't as good as others and especially not for my equipment.  Have even had more than one accuse me of having bought my account -- just because I know how to level up, doesn't mean I an expert at memorizing or doing mechs.