Please Don't do server maintenance every week!

gamerboy01

Hi 
I am a big Blade & Soul Fan. Please Don't do server maintenance every week because if you do every week the game will die. Now most of the people play battle royale and dont play other games much.. And many players hate server maintenance. So please do maintenance every month or when required. I love this game so much that i can't see this game end

From what I understand, most, if not all non private MMO servers do maintenance weekly. It ensures things are running at an acceptable level. The devs and publishers would love to keep the servers running infinitely. But things have to be done to keep them running (file integrity checks, storage inspections, checks for malicious software, and the like), so a few hours of maintenance are the side effect of that. It's all akin to having to stop your car to change it's oil.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arohk said:

Not being able to play for a few hours wont kill you.

maybe get a life then you are occupied when they fix their servers.

Bro you are right it won't kill me if i don't play. I am not saying because i can't play, I am saying because of low player base

They have to do maintenance. They currently cannot have the game running without it with how F8 among other things work currently. They need to clear and reset the lobbies for example. Thats why every week if you noticed the lobby numbers start out low on wednesday after maintenance and end up high at the end of tuesday. They are using an old school style system of coding

Edited by Crickateer
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Arohk said:

Not being able to play for a few hours wont kill you.

maybe get a life then you are occupied when they fix their servers.

This is not wrong but let me tell you that it is very HARMFUL for EU/Asia players.

For you people in NA, of course, it is early morning time, the impact of even 5 hrs maintenance is very little.

For us in EU/Asia, trust me it is VERY ANNOYING.

When you have time to play in the evening, you can't play because of maintenance, and you lose BOTH  1 day event reward as well as 1 day premium. As many hard-core players like me, I force myself to have less sleep on the maintenance day.... but still I wish they don't do it every week or actually do it at other timing or even just make it short 30 minutes-1 hour per day.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, prietess said:

This is not wrong but let me tell you that it is very HARMFUL for EU/Asia players.

For you people in NA, of course, it is early morning time, the impact of even 5 hrs maintenance is very little.

For us in EU/Asia, trust me it is VERY ANNOYING.

When you have time to play in the evening, you can't play because of maintenance, and you lose BOTH  1 day event reward as well as 1 day premium. As many hard-core players like me, I force myself to have less sleep on the maintenance day.... but still I wish they don't do it every week or actually do it at other timing or even just make it short 30 minutes-1 hour per day.

I understand it can be annoying but you have to remember its an american based company so everything in terms of maintenance etc will be done during their business hours.

It would be the same if it was the other way around. I know a game hosted by an EU publisher in US, and the maintenance time there is based on EU time, as thats the business hours.

If they would split up the maintenance per region it would cause them a lot of issues since its the same client thats used for both.

15 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I understand it can be annoying but you have to remember its an american based company so everything in terms of maintenance etc will be done during their business hours.

It would be the same if it was the other way around. I know a game hosted by an EU publisher in US, and the maintenance time there is based on EU time, as thats the business hours.

If they would split up the maintenance per region it would cause them a lot of issues since its the same client thats used for both.

Yup I understand it is an American company. But if it is about business hour, they could do it even later, No?

It is still within their business hour even if it is pushed back 4-5 hours later.

Splitting up the maintenance is a lot of work, I understand.

3 minutes ago, prietess said:

Yup I understand it is an American company. But if it is about business hour, they could do it even later, No?

It is still within their business hour even if it is pushed back 4-5 hours later.

If a big enough group of people complain about the issue, then I could see them making some changes. If their data also confirms there may be a problem with how they conduct maintenance, they will change things up. So it's up to them to see to that. In the meantime, it's always expected that some users will have problems and inconveniences with the current ways. Today it's you, but tomorrow could be me or someone else.

6 minutes ago, prietess said:

True, i tihnk it may have to do with some other team thats only available at that time i tihnk, maybe the dev team i think. So we may be dealing here not just with NC time zone but also a different teams time zone.

22 hours ago, Grimoir said:

True, i tihnk it may have to do with some other team thats only available at that time i tihnk, maybe the dev team i think. So we may be dealing here not just with NC time zone but also a different teams time zone.

How about maintenance 30 mins - 1 hour per day? Will that not be helpful to ALL players?
Eventhough more trouble for NCsoft, but they should work more and get more rewards when many players are happier :P

1 hour ago, prietess said:

How about maintenance 30 mins - 1 hour per day? Will that not be helpful to ALL players?
Eventhough more trouble for NCsoft, but they should work more and get more rewards when many players are happier :P

they cant do a 1h maintenance....for example if they do a backup that alone will take more than 1-2 hours....

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

they cant do a 1h maintenance....for example if they do a backup that alone will take more than 1-2 hours....

I think they can... instead of backing up data for 1 week... they can backup data for 1 day instead :)

I think they do backup more often than once per week. You don't rly need to shutdown the game to make backup. But there are other things you need to do regulary. For example applying updates to OS and then running tests to check that everything is ok.