Obsidian Gem Price

Madscream

With recent changes to Hongmoon Gem prices, Hexagonal Color Gems cost 8x Solar Energy. At the same time Obsidian Gems didnt get any update for their Solar Energy prices - making Hexagonal Obsidian via Transmute window costs 120x Solar Energy (so about a month of doing daily challenge) + some gold. Obsidian Gems realy need price update to make them more accesible across new players.

I can easily say, that new aim for new players are Heptagonal Gems (24x Solar Energy), while Hepta Obsidians are not that common (360x Solar Energy). I wont even talk about Garnet Gems, since I got only one for last 70 Koldrak kills - those also could use either price reduction or Hepta version should be added to drop.

The difference here is that comparing to other hongmoon gems, obsidians have more ways to be obtained. You can get them from certain dungeons and you can farm the heptagonal version in circle of sundering, which might take some time but with the current skill update is much faster. The reason its in the dragon express is mainly as an alternative method to get it since the main source is dungeons, so it should be costy.

The way it stands now players are better off farming moon refuge to get octagonal gems from there (given they arent upgradable, but it is a very nice upgrade until they cann get the hongmoon gem version up there)

As for garnet...there are 2 ways to get it: Koldrak Lair and MSP. If you dont like koldrak farm it in MSP but considering how nice the gem is it should stay as it is imo.

Veteran players will always say, that it should stay the same (since they worked for it for months, theres no way new played could get is easier). I'm pretty sure you already have all the gems you need, and thats why you are saying that.

I'm gonna say it again, so it will be easier to understand:

Getting One Hepta is 24x Solar Energy = 6 days of DC

Getting 7 Heptas, thats 168x Solar Energy = 42 days of DC

Getting One Garnet is pure rng, but considering my last 70 runs gave me 2 gems, you will need 90 days for One Hepta Garnet

to the point:

One Hepta Obsidian = 360x Solar Energy = 90 days of DC

To get full set, you need 4 months of playing everyday DC to get all those gems (and I'm already counting one Hepta from CS/HM.

Also, you will need those 9 gems, because of Garnet being as difficult to get as it is.

its funny how you focus only on solar energy... how about this:

Run circle of sundering and buy heptagonal garnet for the tokens

Run Ransacked treasurey and if the item drops exchange it for a obsidian

Run If/EL and exchange the transcandence engine for a hexagonal obsidian

Plenty of other ways to get an obsidian, much faster than daily challenges and solar energies.

Same with garnet.

RunMSP = chance to get a ticket = hexagonal garnet

Run koldrak = Garnet for tokens and a chance to get it from the box

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

its funny how you focus only on solar energy... how about this:

Run circle of sundering and buy heptagonal garnet for the tokens

Run Ransacked treasurey and if the item drops exchange it for a obsidian

Run If/EL and exchange the transcandence engine for a hexagonal obsidian

Plenty of other ways to get an obsidian, much faster than daily challenges and solar energies.

Same with garnet.

RunMSP = chance to get a ticket = hexagonal garnet

Run koldrak = Garnet for tokens and a chance to get it from the box

Also ToI now can drop Garnet and Obsedian