More Character Slots than 11?

squirrely thoughts

I'm one of those people that have 11 characters and am attached to each one, spent hours on them after all. Only problem is, I made two of one class before realizing there was a maximum amount of characters. Any chance we will get to buy more than 11 character slots?

I don't see how limiting the number of characters per account can have a negative impact on sales. If anything a few other people might buy the additional character slots vouchers just to rp some more of their favorite characters. Events are already taking an increasing amount of time and gear to complete now so i think NC has done a good job of keeping people from benefiting from alts. My feedback is to open up the character slots to more than 11.

If you have 11 chars, you should have been around for long enough to know the drill. You get a maximum of one slot per character class, more slots become available as more classes get introduced. Nothing against character attachment, but making two chars of the same class was a dumb decision, and if you don't want to rectify it, you'll have to live without one of the other classes (or make a second account).

I'm aware that's how it is. My point is to ask whether or not it has to be that way. More slots = more people buying those slots, more money spent on the game gearing alts, more time spent on the game, more active playerbase.

Thanks for telling me how things are at the present. I wonder how many people got told that wardrobe was a premium feature and that free players would never get it and they would have to pay if they wanted that. 

Okay, let's look at this economically. There's a lot of stuff to store about a character. Progress, quests, gear, stats, inventory, and many many more things. Now, it's probably a big stretch, but assuming the storage overhead of a character is in the 3 figured MB range, and we have a playerbase of around 10,000 people. In this case the storage needs to allocate an additional Terabyte (read 1,000 Gigabyte, read 1,000,000 Megabyte) for an additional potential character slot. Admittedly, storage is cheap, but so is NCWest.

On a side note, it would not generate any more revenue, because I see no indication that many players would even bother to spend money on gearing eleven alts, when you have hardly the time to tend to even two characters properly. Having one slot for each class is already very generous, I'd say.

Storage data for another super small compared if someone were to make another account for the same purpose. I get that storage could be an issue but pruning the thousands or so accounts that only have lvl 6 characters and less than 2hrs played on them would easily solve this. Other methods could be used but space isn't really that much of an issue. 

Also, one main selling point of the game is outfits. Even tho everyone jokes about outfits being endgame, your character can only wear one outfit. More characters would mean more outfits purchased in some cases. Not a definitive source of revenue but just another possible source.

Archived