Any news on UE 4?

Kellin

It can definitely improve the game's optimization like stutters and fps issues, most games perform better on ue4, but that's not the case all the time as the devs play a role in what the outcome will be. Honestly though from the amount of new stuff they plan on adding, it seems like they're invested into making bns a better and more enjoyable game. So I would hope with the amount of complaints about game optimization that they would actually focus on making the game run better.

It will not have an impact on your ping if that's what you're asking maybe there will be an improvement in input delay aka the in game ping. I notice the biggest improvement seems to be graphics such as lighting and textures. 

O wow, UE4 is great...but does anyone know if pre-existing character textures will be changed? Like in Lineage 2 and Aion, they did graphics engine update for these games, but at the same time they changed all the based character face textures. So we are gonna need beauty salon change ticket thingy or whatever its called?

I'm not expert in this, but I think usually a graphics engine update will cause characters to look quite different....this is gonna suck bad, I mean I loved the original lineage 2 DE female character faces.....lol it actually made me quit L2 few years ago because of the update.

1 hour ago, meimimi said:

O wow, UE4 is great...but does anyone know if pre-existing character textures will be changed? Like in Lineage 2 and Aion, they did graphics engine update for these games, but at the same time they changed all the based character face textures. So we are gonna need beauty salon change ticket thingy or whatever its called?

My guess is that they won't keep the old character textures (not even sure this would be possible since they are updating to a whole new engine) so they will definitely look different. Even if they did keep them the updated lighting and shadows would still make your character look different.

Take for instance Friday the 13th which updated to ue4. Their characters looked so much better after the update.

I guess that would depend on how you made your character. Some may look better with the update while others may look worse and want to change it.

1 hour ago, meimimi said:

I'm not expert in this, but I think usually a graphics engine update will cause characters to look quite different....this is gonna suck bad, I mean I loved the original lineage 2 DE female character faces.....lol it actually made me quit L2 few years ago because of the update.

I quit l2 because its so p2w that you cant even buy soulshots with the money you make from killing mobs xD, but in lineage 2 I had noticed once earthea came out that earthias face texture was so much better than all the other older races it made me super jealous x) so I also think that an appeareance change ticket should be free 1 per character 

2 hours ago, meimimi said:

I quit Aion for the most part after their update because they ruined the appearance of the Asmodians. (There was no salvaging my character's old looks and NCSoft only gave 1 plastic surgery ticket per account. I had eight characters)

If I can't make my characters look the same (Or better) in B&S after the update, I'll quit here too. Especially if they do the same 1 Cosmetic alteration per account thing here. Cosmetics and the look of the characters in B&S is important to me, even more so than Aion was.

These kind of updates also hit male characters way harder than female characters, due to the way the textures and everything effect the male faces. And since all I play is male characters, I just have to hold out hope that they'll give them enough attention that they still look good.

Archived