[Suggestion] Reduce Soul cost stage 6 to 10

luzt

Current event is nice, since it makes it possible to get the legendary soul.

But after the event has ended anyone who wasn't able to get it (including new players) will most likely have to go back

to using their Solak soul. And getting the same level soul as they could get during the event will be hella expensive.

A big amount of people was able to get it,

but new players and people who couldnt do the event as much as they wished/were unlucky will have even more trouble getting into groups with their solak souls.

Upcoming event helps a bit getting your weapon up, but it still leaves the big cost for upgrading your solak soul to legendary.

Thats why I think they should reduce the cost, remove oils from stage 6 to 10, replace em with transformation stones like the lower stages.

This way new players and unlucky players will be able to catch up easier to the majority of the players in that aspect.

Only one of my alts still doesnt have the legendary soul yet, but if it isn't able to get it I think I'll give up on that character untill they reduce the soul cost since it will be irrelevant without it. This made me look at the bigger picture including new players.

It isn't gonna influence me much if there isn't a cost reduction, but I just want the staff to be aware of the future.

Thank you

Congratulations, you just told NCSoft exactly what they wanted to hear. They've increased the demand for an upgraded soul by the individual player, as well as limiting the viability of alts without an upgraded soul, which, conveniently, can be acquired with a few purchases of sacred vials from f10 either right after the event or in upcoming weeks.

Players need to pull their heads out of their butts and realize that absolutely everything NCSoft does is driven by profit. They don't give a rat's ass if they screwed your alts over; their only concerned about profit-loss ratios. When the population decreases to a point where it's no longer sustainable, they'll back off, or shut the servers down and give their sales director a huge bonus for a job well done.

2 minutes ago, SkyStorm said:

Congratulations, you just told NCSoft exactly what they wanted to hear. They've increased the demand for an upgraded soul by the individual player, as well as limiting the viability of alts without an upgraded soul, which, conveniently, can be acquired with a few purchases of sacred vials from f10 either right after the event or in upcoming weeks.

Players need to pull their heads out of their butts and realize that absolutely everything NCSoft does is driven by profit. They don't give a rat's ass if they screwed your alts over; their only concerned about profit-loss ratios. When the population decreases to a point where it's no longer sustainable, they'll back off, or shut the servers down and give their sales director a huge bonus for a job well done.

5 minute on Xanos enrage, 750ap dungeon became 1k only, make event that makes everyone want to do NS, Fresh from story line stuck...
that's smart thinking.

43 minutes ago, RavTH said:

5 minute on Xanos enrage, 750ap dungeon became 1k only, make event that makes everyone want to do NS, Fresh from story line stuck...
that's smart thinking.

It's nothing even remotely new for them in this game. For a long time they've held events they claim are there to help people gear up, that do a poor job of helping the people that need help gearing up, as they will require you to do dungeons you can't do. Over a year ago there was one where some of the dungeons you needed to do, were only just released with the patch that started the event, reasonably speaking, if you could do such dungeons, you didn't need help gearing up, as you already were geared up.

On the matter of the souls, for the last two acts they've provided progressively better souls, and pets, then removed them from the prior act rewards, when adding the new act. I quite expect this trend to continue with Act IX, and they may even give out the same souls, or one not far from it that was provided in the event. The fact they when releasing this event patch, also made it so those two souls, and the next plateau of souls could no longer be sealed also supports the idea that a new better soul will be provided in the next act, as it shows they're downgrading the considered value of them, it also suggests that new higher tier souls will be added soon as well, as that is also their trend for things in B&S.

With this game, if you can't stay in the upper equipment range they want you to be in, you need to learn to delay upgrading things when you can reasonably expect cost reductions, or such. For now, rather than investing in your old Solak soul, I'd suggest you just get more Sacred Vials from the next event, and hold on to them for later.

1 hour ago, Why Bother said:

you need to learn to delay upgrading things when you can reasonably expect cost reductions, or such.

Good point. I could have saved a fortune on sacred vials if I'd waited to upgrade my main's soul. But I did that back in the dark ages, when you could earn enough gold from dailies to actually upgrade your gear. Or maybe that was last month. Seems like forever.

1 hour ago, Ludicium said:

I highly doubt that they'll reduce the cost again any time soon, considering they did a cost reduction for Stages 1 to True Transcendent Soul/True Cosmic Soul about a month ago (May 9th).

Their usual pattern is to first do some cost reductions, next give away the item in story content, then effectively, or completely remove them. Also Act IX will likely be a while yet, probably not until the fall I'd say, usually online games don't do too many big updates between the start of July, and end of August.

Archived