why are dungeon quests......

Quizotic

why are dungeon quests designed in a way that if one person leaves the entire group is screwed?

just had a run where on the final boss someone dc'd, once the group realized they dc'd (on pull of final boss btw) 2 more left, so all but 3 of us left. now we all have to leave because NO ONE wants to come into a dungeon and do the last boss, why design the quests this way?

Because those dungeons are meant to be cleared with 5 players only? Unless you have the gear to do it with less people.

As to explain more, you cannot blame the game if the players inside the game are being idiots, douchebags,  impatient, lazy, whatever of the nature. That is just the unfortunately nature of NA and EU players today which is sad. Too lazy or impatient so they always demand flawless fast 5 min runs and start being toxic for the slightest mistake. Or other way around, too lazy to even learn to play and do the mechanics of the dungeon.

The main Audience for whom this game is designed for are Koreans and in Korean community as far as i know they DO NOT have these same bs problems we have here(dungeon afk, general toxicity of players, you name it) and this is the thing. Only reason NA and Eu is like this, is because of the players(Sure in Korea there are douchebags as well but far far less than in NA or EU). Players here caused  party play in dungeons to be less enjoyable because of their wrong attitudes and toxicity towards others and the designers of the game cannot exactly fix that in any way.

• 2 weeks later...

@Quizotic sadly Amarathiel is right.  If you are playing this game without friends its a nightmare at times trust me I know because thats how I play.  I have searched for clans and have joined some that are recruiting only to find out that they are actually pretty much either dead clans or house alts from a main clan so the activity in them is scarce to none and never no interaction.  What i have actually done and found to be helpful was watching twitch streamers especially the ones who stream on my server that actually interact with their viewers.  I get my weeklies done and dailies done on all 4 of my characters each day and week doing this.  Sure i am not raiding Skybreak Spire or VT right now but honestly I do not have the gear to do so anyway.  Some days I do have to suck it up and do lfp and yes i have leavers and afkers but I do not let it discourage me.  Just play and have fun.  Start up your own clan and recruit start a small circle welcome new and returning players and work as a team.  You may end up progressing further if you are proactive because many people are looking they just do not have the courage to take action.  Be that person that takes action and make new friends and take everyone to greater heights!

@Amarathiel @Tristan I think you missed OPs point. He was talking about QUESTS. Meaning to do dungeons daily quest you need to kill all the bosses in an order one after another and if someone's game crashes after killing at least 1 boss it's almost impossible to recruit a player without leaving him because that player won't be able to do his quest with at least one boss down. I my self during LFP sometimes was put into parties where they had some bosses killed and I had no choice but to leave the party since I will not be able to do my daily quest and then un-check the "Join in progress" option. Yes, it would be a nice gesture to help poor guys out who had a DC'ed person but I can play game 2-3 hrs a day if I want to have decent sleep before next work day. And that actually is quite stupid and problematic. Only reason player would stay is if he is farming the dungeon even without dailies but people usually run most of the dungeons for dailies only. While both of you are right regarding EU/NA players mentality this topic is not about that.

No I understand what he or she is talking about.  And I am sure the dungeon in question is Desolate Tomb.  If I join a party in LFP and get put with a in progress group the only dungeon I will leave is Shattered Masts.  And that is because the daily quest is always kill 10 or 15 of the pirates I cant remember and if the group has already started that quest will not complete and the group usually falls apart right at the slashimi boss.  All the others I will stick around for because well if its DT, NF, NS, or EC, you need the final boss killed 10 times for the achievement anyway so why not just jump in kill it then leave and re-queue for it.  I understand some peoples time is precious in this game.  And I never hold a grudge to someone who does leave If I do not get the boss down I just go back and start over.  Sure its a headache but there is nothing no one can really do to solve it.  A d/c unfortunately can happen to anyone.  It's not the games fault nor the players fault.  Sometimes it can be just a hiccup in the isp.   

On 4/9/2018 at 3:59 PM, Tristan said:

No I understand what he or she is talking about.  And I am sure the dungeon in question is Desolate Tomb.  If I join a party in LFP and get put with a in progress group the only dungeon I will leave is Shattered Masts.  And that is because the daily quest is always kill 10 or 15 of the pirates I cant remember and if the group has already started that quest will not complete and the group usually falls apart right at the slashimi boss.  All the others I will stick around for because well if its DT, NF, NS, or EC, you need the final boss killed 10 times for the achievement anyway so why not just jump in kill it then leave and re-queue for it.  I understand some peoples time is precious in this game.  And I never hold a grudge to someone who does leave If I do not get the boss down I just go back and start over.  Sure its a headache but there is nothing no one can really do to solve it.  A d/c unfortunately can happen to anyone.  It's not the games fault nor the players fault.  Sometimes it can be just a hiccup in the isp.   

There can be something done: make daily quest just to kill last boss and problem solved. And it is not just DT or masts, it's every single dungeon. You join after they kill one boss - you won't complete the quest. 

And 10 times kill achievement is nothing... You will be done with it in no time and then there will be no use to join existing party, especially if you are limited on gameplay time due to well, real life.

The problem is not the quest. The problem are the players.

I still cant belive some people think its faster to leave the party, go back to loby, loocking for a new group and clear the whole dungeon again, than to kill the boss with 5 instead of 6 people and screewing up the group they left. Sadly most time these are people with 1000+AP who leave.

We did EC, DT, NF, NS between 600 and 700 AP in 4 men cause this was "our" veteran mode. With 950-1000AP even IF, EL, HH should be easy to clear with a 4 or 5 men party, at least when mech works. But this is the point where problems start. In a time, where it is easy to get 1000+ap and most players already passed 1100+, people got to lazy to learn or do mech and just want to burst down bosses.

Archived