You will lose money 2 ways next trove if you do not raise the gold exchange level cap from 2 to like maybe 10 ncoin per gold

CharlieIsBoss

Dear management, you obviously want money to run the business, but you are hurting yourselves in a big way when you hold the

gold:ncoin cap too low during trove.

Every time the F9 gold exchange is empty, you are losing money. I know you can't understand why for whatever reason, so let me explain.

If a person has a bunch of money they wish to spend on trove keys, they actually have to buy the keys AND a bunch of gold to buy the things the keys unlock.

Buying keys takes cash investment to buy the keys themselves

Buying the unlocked items takes cash investment to purchase the gold from the F9 exchange.

They go hand-in-hand.

IF a potential big spender sees that the F9 exchange is empty, which it was most of last trove, they will realize it is pointless to buy keys because they cannot buy the unlocked items anyway.

They won't buy keys (this means mgmt. loses money in case you still don't understand)

and obviously they wont buy gold because they cannot. (this means mgmt. loses more money, versteh?)

The solution is to raise the gold:ncoin ratio cap to something like 1:6 to maybe 1:10. I would recommend 1:10

Here is some psychology: The person of considerable financial means doesn't really care what the ratio is because they can afford anything.

At some ratio, every person playing, that has gold, will be willing to sell out. some do at 1:2, but some maybe don't until it is 1:5 and so on, so they sit on it.

With the raised level cap, every person that is willing to sell out at a certain ratio will do so when the demand exceeds the supply and pushes the going-ratio up.

This means much more money for the company

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As long as I am on a roll, there is another issue which reeks of pure ignorance and once again costs YOU money and generates more bad feelings.

You have slapped all your Premium paying customers in the face by giving everyone premium for a month.   You have completely nullified the "premiumness" of premium and basically all the people who invested in the premium were ripped off for a month.   

FWIW, I didn't buy any premium, but I still feel the need to defend the premium purchasers and point out further incompetence and lack of vision/education or plain old intelligence by upper mgmt. regarding generating income for the company.

The next event where you are tempted to give everyone premium, maybe give everyone something NOT premium or part of premium so EVERY PLAYER IN THE GAME is getting the same event extras vs penalizing YOUR PAYING PLAYERBASE by stabbing them in the back.

I hope at least one person in mgmt. can see this and understand what I am talking about and make these couple of policy changes.

#NotHoldingMyBreath

vor einer Stunde schrieb CharlieIsBoss:

The solution is to raise the gold:ncoin ratio cap to something like 1:6 to maybe 1:10. I would recommend 1:10

Sounds good for gold sellers but not for gold buyers. Would you sell your coins at such a rate? I would not. You can get gold ingame so easily it would be bullshit to change the rate that high. You would need not even 900 gold to get 8000 coins. 8000 coins are 100 €. How long do you need to get 900 gold? And how long do you have to work for 100 €? If the ingame variant is faster then the rate is bullshit.

1 hour ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

You have slapped all your Premium paying customers in the face by giving everyone premium for a month.   You have completely nullified the "premiumness" of premium and basically all the people who invested in the premium were ripped off for a month.  

So you don't think some will try premium during free month and decide to buy it later on? 

How about new players: maybe w/premium, they find the game "tolerable", instead of "tedious"...to just get them interested and hoping some stay around...?

Companies give away free and trial goods all the time to let people sample goods.  If it didn't help the companies in the long run, why would companies keep doing it?

1 hour ago, CharlieIsBoss said:

Here is some psychology: The person of considerable financial means doesn't really care what the ratio is because they can afford anything.

So you want to cater only to the richest 00.1% in the market?  You think the game will survive by only attracting them?

Maybe attracting that segment for a short time is less important in an mmo surviving longer term?

idk if this true or not at most it would rise to like 1:3 since the damage has been done. What I do know is NCSoft had no ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ing right to come in and cap it especially when people were asking if they could help STOP the gold converting drop.

When whales are begging in all chat for someone to sell gold then there is a problem.  I have seen that multiple times and yes it is likely hurting their bottom line.   There is no reason for price controls in the gold exchange other that some whale who overpays and then whines to support that they have buyers remorse.

It's a joke that there is a cap anyway. Let players freaking decide for themselves for how much they wanna sell their gold. Who cares if it's 1:10, 1:30 or 1:1. If it gets bought - fine, if not, who cares, it will expire in x hours.

36 minutes ago, amokk said:

It's a joke that there is a cap anyway. Let players freaking decide for themselves for how much they wanna sell their gold. Who cares if it's 1:10, 1:30 or 1:1. If it gets bought - fine, if not, who cares, it will expire in x hours.

The whole point is to make the gold in F9 cheaper than what people buy from others on the side (yes most whales buy gold from third party) thats why the price cap.

Also, i am actually happy for this, at least now it hurts them whales xD

1 minute ago, HateMe said:

The whole point is to make the gold in F9 cheaper than what people buy from others on the side (yes most whales buy gold from third party) thats why the price cap.

If there are no listings in F9, they go buy them via RMT anyway, so that's no argument. There are no listings BECAUSE of the cap. Players simply dont want to sell their hard earned gold for a penny.

WTF --- right now says minimum sale price is 1 : 2.30, while maximum is 1 : 3.00.

So now takes 28-50% more real money to purchase same amount of ingame currency.

So we see a 30% inflation rate overnight.  That's more than a bit lame.

Dear Boa, ur hard earned money have exactly the same value as the gold sellers wants to. ?

Forgot times when gold was over 100 coins and people still bought it, so you either buy for w/e price seller needs or go earn gold yourself. I aint selling shizz at this rate. Time is money, why should i have such a low esteem of the time spent gathering gold vs your penny sales that you wanna propose. ?

hey Sayk. I was not implying anything more than my opinion. I was just pressing the fact that I(and most of my friends that i have spoke with about this) will not sell our ncoin for anything more than 1:2.  If some one want to buy gold at 1:10 then good for them. but ..... they crazy lol

Archived