which gems do i need to get 1st? i can only make 4 gems.

antarean

i checked youtube as to which gems you get 1st

1. diamond=just more ap

2. amethsyt = 240 life drain on crit

i understand 1. and 2.

3. aquamarine = 110 life drain + 10% focus recovery

but why 3.? if i already have life drain in 2.

and the focus recovery must be useless for a gunslinger, because focus is not auto, and it doesnt grow, it must be manually loaded.

the video said... get 1. 2. 3.

----------------------------------

the video didnt even mention ruby and sapp

4. ruby = 400 more damage

what is wrong with 4. the ruby ?  arent more damages good?

5. sapp = instant recovery on blocking

what is wrong with 5.? instant sounds better than the recovery over time to me, but bosses never block , they always resist. so sapphires are not good?

so then the effects that happen when on daze, stunned, blocked, knockdowns... etc are all bad because they happen rarely?

then how about amber, amber is based on "hit", hit happens all the time

6. amber= more defense + 2000 hp when on hit

at the moment i can only make 4 gems maximum.

It all comes down to what class you play and how you play it. Do you mostly PVE or PVP, do you block/stun a lot? Think about how you play and then decide.

This is my suggestion:

1. Diamond

2. Amethyst

3. Aquamarine

4. Ruby

5. Citrine

6. Peridot

If you get Hexagonal gems you don't even have to worry about getting the right one, cos you can salvage them for 4 dust and buy any other color without penalty. :3

i am a gunsliger, fire type,  PvE, and (PvP someday maybe, no idea how to dance well)

>do you block/stun a lot?

it was puzzling,

does the effect happen when i block it or when my attack is blocked?

does the effect happen when i stun them or when mobs stun me?

i dont block, standoff is totally useless, the timing is impossible, it is like 0.01 sec for a gunslinger, while other classes are 3 sec long.

>This is my suggestion:

>1. Diamond

>2. Amethyst

>3. Aquamarine

>4. Ruby

>5. Citrine

>6. Peridot

the more i look at the gem's stats, a gunslinger shouldnt get an aquamarine,

unless someone tells me 2 life drains are better than 1 life drain, from 2. and 3.

>If you get Hexagonal gems you don't even have to worry about getting the right one, cos you can salvage them for 4 dust and buy any other color without penalty.

thanks for the verification, that was what i thought.

Get diamond, ruby, amethyst, aquamarine - these 4 are must have for pve. They proc just from you attacking enemies so they are good

The 5th one you need is obsidian - black elemental gem but you may not be able to get that yet. Your element is fire so you need fire obsidian gem.

So for the last 2 ones - these are just to fill the slots and get the ap to be honest, so whatever works, but usually I would choose peridot and citrine.

Diamond, Ruby, Amethyst and Aquamarine are pretty much set in stone. Aqua may not help with it's focus recovery all that much, but it does come with more AP than similar gems. Also, life drain is exceptionally useful for most classes, especially Gunslingers who are rather squishy.

For your 5th slot, spend 15 Solar Energy and get a Special Square Obsidian for your element (in Gunslinger's case, Fire or Shadow). It's not an amazing gem, but elemental damage boost does a lot for your DPS.

As for your last gem, it's really up to you. I don't see much of a use for Citrine, unless you plan on using that 2 button a LOT to stun/KD things. Sapphire or Peridot might be your better bet honestly. Yes, you don't often block, but you DO evade... and that also triggers the gem. So, whenever you properly time a grappling hook to evade, say a big AoE or use your X to shield up, the gem should kick in. Or, you get the one that triggers when an enemy blocks/evades if you prefer.

Archived