Make Open-World PvP Great Again

Jinju

Hi Blade & Soul Developers,

I am a veteran player of Blade & Soul and I have been playing the korean version of Blade and Soul for the past 5-6 years. My concern is about the game’s lack of open-world pvp improvement and I am disappointed of the game’s direction towards a more PvE-based MMO.

The open-world pvp such as faction battlegrounds and weekly faction events were the main theme of the game back in the day. For example, “Hell Island” and “Floating Island” attacted many players and faction clans to the area to obtain certain amounts of prestige points by completing daily faction quests and killing the opposing faction members. Those prestige points can be traded in to obtain end-game pvp gears and items. I found this to be very exciting as it creates the hype for faction competition and gain new alliances.

Currently, NCSoft West has taking the game’s direction towards a more PvE-focused based. Although, the game do have faction battlegrounds and 6v6 battlegrounds, the hype of the faction competition is not the same anymore and I am progressively getting bored of the game. I am hoping that the developers can revive faction competition and faction events such as Hell Island and Floating Island and make open-world PvP great again.

Thanks!

Well...they have to fix and optimize their server first. There is no way to do OpenWorld PVP with more than 100 people in a small map like SSP. Majority of the players have either FPS drop to below 10 or PING increase to 300ms+ just to kill the bosses in SSP.

15 hours ago, Grimoir said:

you do realize its the players themselves who killed open world pvp and faction pvp and not the developers or ncsoft right?

I feel like the release of raid gear and true hongmoon soul is what killed it. Before all of that, open world PvP wasn't rare.

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

I feel like the release of raid gear and true hongmoon soul is what killed it. Before all of that, open world PvP wasn't rare.

open world pvp died the moment people got too scared and all joined 1 faction.

Well actually at least on old Junghado server what killed open world pvp was the server merge so ok that one is nc fault.

Archived