Latest FM PVP update 2017.06.14

Kyrrua

Let's take a look and discuss the new incoming updates for FM and focus on the pvp aspect of it and the matchups

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/soul-badge-blitz-patch-notes/

Frost Fury (F)

• Fixed an issue where Frost Fury was dealing the incorrect amount of damage.
  • Fixed an issue where Frost Fury could not be used with 0 Focus.

Impact (1)

• Hongmoon Secret Technique Impact (Stage 1) now pierces Parry.

Force Blast (3)

• Force Blast now has a cooldown of 24 seconds, down from 36 seconds.

Blaze Step (Q) / Frost Step (E)

• Blaze Step (Q) and Frost Step (E) now have a cooldown of 12 seconds, down from 16 seconds.

Backstep (S)

• Fixed an issue where Backstep or Escape would fail to cast or place the user in combat.
  • Backstep (Move 3) now has a cooldown of 12 seconds, down from 36 seconds.
  • Backstep (Move 3) now has a cooldown of 36 seconds when escaping from Stun, Daze, Knockdown, or Unconscious.

It feels like those changes had to be done waaaaaay before, they all seem legit rather than an OP buff. We're back being a real range kiting Forcemaster.

at least now it doesn't hurt anymore your options when u have to chose blaze or frost step defensively and u are in the wrong stance during 16 sec vs a deflect class (which means u have to hit them with fire or frost palm to change stance and get the stupid chance to get deflected)

Backstep buff will finally make the phantom grip + ss combo useful, either as an opener nor as a replacement when u don't have a frost orb.

And it also feels like we're getting back our kiting & disengage possibilities(go kite a bd  with 16sec step and 36sec ss, yeah we couldn't before (spin gives a slight speed boost)).

Impact legit as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Force blast kinda legit (I can hear people whine already)

And in addition, I put here some classes nerf/fix that are a direct buff for us (and other classes).

Ok first, Warlock SB and abilities nerf is direct buff to everyone anyway /giggle ♥

Summoner:

Beckon (E)

• Beckon can no longer be used while the Summoner is airborne.
  • Beckon no longer grants resistance to status effects when used while affected by status effects.
  • Beckon now applies Knockdown status more quickly.

Beckon fix, buff to air combos (altho if cat is alive u will always get stunned)

Assassin:

Evasion is now increased by 30% while in Stealth, down from 50%.

Still good considering impact can be dodged while in stealth

Turning Leaf (Tab)

• Turning Leaf now disables enemies for 1 second, down from 2 seconds.

Less free pve anicancel in our face letting us time to react. Being able to get 5% to 10% of your life on a non-dodgeable (and non trinket) spell was kinda broken let's admit it.

Smoke Screen (X)

• Smoke Screen (X) now grants Stealth to all party members for 6 seconds, down from 10 seconds.

Global nerf & nerf opener

Destroyer:

Stone Shield (V)

• Fixed an issue where Hongmoon Secret Technique Stone Shield (Move 2) was not applying the Recover 20% HP for 8 sec effect correctly.
  • Stone Shield (Move 2) has had its cooldown increased to 36 seconds, up from 24 seconds.

Much chances to disable via tornado or phantom grip, good for that.

KFM:

Ice Guard (Tab)

• Ice Guard (Move 1) has had its Freeze range increased to 30m, up from 8m.
  • Ice Guard (Move 1) now has a cooldown of 24 seconds, down from 36 seconds.

Will be re-nerf in KR after patch, the only no buff for us considering we mainly use our phantom grip to force it and open a window.

We've been buffed a bit too much. We don't need 24 seconds on Force Blast. The 36 seconds was just fine and made things fair and balanced. I mean, I hate it whenever I had to use my tab against a summoner's cat sit (even though there were plenty of times before where I needed to use it), only for the to use the same exact skill 24 seconds later. I can only imagine the pain my opponents must feel when they pop their tab, only to be stunned 24 seconds later and they lose the match because of it. 

I think we should have that skill returned to it's original CD.

1 hour ago, ARC1276 said:

I think we should have that skill returned to it's original CD.

Nooo, dont say such bad things. Other classes got tons of cc and you want our only good cc put to 36s? It was always bad and it would be terrible to do that again. If our impact counter would stun like other classes can on deflect I would say ok, but we need cc and it's not like our 3 cant be resisted or blocked.

Playing FM in the new season has revealed one thing: FMs are not yet buffed enough. BDs, BMs, and WLs will still eat away all your health and so will sums. We either need to nerf their damage or restore FM healing. While we're at it, make it so Maelstorm isn't available for BDs using parry spin.

• 1 month later...
On 6/23/2017 at 10:54 AM, ARC1276 said:

Playing FM in the new season has revealed one thing: FMs are not yet buffed enough. BDs, BMs, and WLs will still eat away all your health and so will sums. We either need to nerf their damage or restore FM healing. While we're at it, make it so Maelstorm isn't available for BDs using parry spin.

i totally agree with this. the changes brought with the latest season have made it close to impossible to winning any match in pvp as fm. i, as well as many others playing fm, have started to choose any other dailies just to stay away from arena...and dont let me get started with battleground (it's just the worst pvp experience in any games i've played so far)

The fact that you are bad at playing FM doesnt mean that the class is bad on its own. I personally prefer the pvp dailys cause they are hella easy. FMs are actually really strong in this season because of the resent buffs with the insane buff on the SS, HM Impact and the 3 stun. Half of the matchups now are easy for FMs, BM is one of them. So yeah, better train more and understand your class better before assuming things that are generally incorrect.

Archived